Jump to content
sholub

Ares AM013 fps upgrade

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Recommended Posts

I have an Ares AM013 (Honey badger) which is shooting around 215-220 fps with .25s. The range is fine but the bbs go very slow to there target. I know my honey badger is one of the older models and is completely stock. I am looking at just replacing the spring with an M90 to get the fps up to just over 300 (350fps limit) but i have no idea what this could do to the gun and if anything else will also need replacing. Any help is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they came with at least an M90 from factory. Amoeba have a habit of putting strong springs in short barrel RIFs to get the FPS to 320 on 0.2's.

 

You should be aiming for around 340 with a 0.2 if your site limit is 350 NOT 350 with a 0.25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked the for air leak in my honey badger and it seems like the piston maybe the cause for the lower fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sholub said:

Just checked the for air leak in my honey badger and it seems like the piston maybe the cause for the lower fps.

 

It will most likely be the piston head, cylinder head or nozzle, ideally you need to test all the components. You've definitely got a leak somewhere with those readings.  The spring could have gone as well but fix the compression first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final got the gear box open and i cant see anything wrong. The compression seems okay when I test it with my hands. Is there anything in particular i should look for? The nozzle is somewhat lose and does allow some air to escape but i feel like something else is causing it.

6 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

 

It will most likely be the piston head, cylinder head or nozzle, ideally you need to test all the components. You've definitely got a leak somewhere with those readings.  The spring could have gone as well but fix the compression first

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the tappet plate, they seem to be bad on Amoebas, had to replace mine in both the 013 and the 009 with Modify ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Skara said:

Check the tappet plate, they seem to be bad on Amoebas, had to replace mine in both the 013 and the 009 with Modify ones.

The tappet plate seemed fine. What problems should I look for on the tappet plate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sholub said:

The tappet plate seemed fine. What problems should I look for on the tappet plate?

General wear, especially near the fin (the end that hits the sector gear) or cracks where the plate meets the nozzle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...