Best upgrades for AEG M4

Jaxes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there!
I'm going to start by saying that I am completely new to AEGs, i know how to build on them, but when it comes to the parts I'm awful. 

I'm usually a sniper, but wanted to try out an M4 so I did. However, I am always going for the best. So, I'm looking for internal parts that gives my M4 AEG good range, accuracy and maybe boost some FPS along the way! So, like: "inner barrel, hop up bucking, nub, spring etc..

//Jaxes

If you have a £100 M4 then there is no point throwing money at it, buy a better M4.

If you have a decent M4 then there is no point upgrading it, you'll only be side stepping.

A bit more context may help, what have you got, what's it not doing for you, how much are you looking to spend?

There is the mad belief that if you get a £100 RIF and throw £200 of upgrades into it then it'll work like an £800 RIF, wrong. Usually it lies on the floor in bits or gets assembled and is littered with problems.

Disclaimer; also new to the hobby, 

the advice i have been given chatting in stores is get what you can afford and stick a tight bore barrel in or buy weapon with a tight bore barrel. this chat was in context  of getting 5-10m more range/accuracy....

with airsoft weapons my understanding is you get what you pay for

• Supporters

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-chambers/zci-prowin-style-hopup-chamber-plastic-m4

+

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-macaron-50-aeg or https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/laylax-prometheus-bucking-purple

+

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels/zci-inner-barrel-275mm (in the appropriate length)

Put all those in and ...

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Usually it lies on the floor in bits or gets assembled and is littered with problems

Well, that, pretty much.

A fraction of a mm mis-match in sizes and you're looking at anything from mis-feeding to a poor air seal.  My M4 currently has both. ;)

What I would suggest is that you upgrade the hop unit, rubber and barrel as a unit, and keep your stock combination aside and completely untouched. If you end up with a total lemon, it only takes a few seconds to swap the original back into an M4.

Guest VeniVidiVici

Like everyone has said in terms of range and accuracy depending on the length of your upper receiver. Upgrade the inner barrel with a Prometheus or a mad bull. If rate of fire matters buy a 30k rpm motor or if your gearbox can handle it a 45k motor. I have a 45k in my krytac and it affected the rate of fire significantly

Just now, VeniVidiVici said:

Like everyone has said in terms of range and accuracy depending on the length of your upper receiver. Upgrade the inner barrel with a Prometheus or a mad bull. If rate of fire matters buy a 30k rpm motor or if your gearbox can handle it a 45k motor. I have a 45k in my krytac and it affected the rate of fire significantly

This stuff is considering you want to do it yourself (or not) and you are not looking to spend a ton

• Supporters
1 hour ago, VeniVidiVici said:

This stuff is considering you want to do it yourself (or not) and you are not looking to spend a ton

Blasphemer! 

As @Steveocee said you need to tell us what you currently have then we can advise.  Sometimes there is no point in upgrading, just better to use it "as is".  If you only have the 1 AEG then maybe better to buy another and work on upgrading one, that way you'll always have one you can actually use.

• Supporters

as well as not knowing what you have, be good if not better to know how it performs, sometimes new members similar posts to yours, then as we dig deeper it transpires that the gun performs quite well as it is, without the need to throw dosh at it.

if fps & accuracy are already acceptable, why upset that for what could turn out to be an expensive & unnecessary "upgrade".

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Guest VeniVidiVici
23 minutes ago, E21A said:

Mad bull barrels are shit! 

The ones I used worked great until I took the gun apart for parts as it was on it's last leg

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, E21A said:

Mad bull barrels are shit! 

This. ZCI are much better for less money. 

Anyone tried the T.N.T. Aps X barrels, I have always liked the result with Prometheus, but i am curious because i was gonna get a SRS through that skirmshop and they had those listed.

Guest VeniVidiVici
2 hours ago, Prisce said:

This. ZCI are much better for less money. 

How much do they cost for something like 400mm

Closest to 400mm is a 407mm for £22 (+ post, which isn't much with AK2M4), lower than that is a 380mm for £19.50.

And they are very, very, very good for the money, actually better than a lot of more expensive barrels.

Guest VeniVidiVici
1 hour ago, Philby21 said:

Closest to 400mm is a 407mm for £22 (+ post, which isn't much with AK2M4), lower than that is a 380mm for £19.50.

And they are very, very, very good for the money, actually better than a lot of more expensive barrels.

Thanks for the info!👍

Archived