Lct Ak's

Guest VeniVidiVici
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest VeniVidiVici

I've been told that LCT has the best AK's on the market internally and externally wise. As is I'd be considering an RPD/RPK or the classic ak-47. I would want wood furniture. My only issue is I've had trouble finding online honest reviews of AK's. Can anyone tell me out of these three which would be the best?

LCT make some of the sturdiest guns on the market, I don't know if it's the best, some people are E&L fanboys, but I've never tried one so I won't comment.

I believe all three of those have the same gearbox, and the externals will be solid too, so it's all really preference and how much you'd like to spend.

I haven't seen many RPKs, and I don't think I've ever seen an RPD, so it'll be a head turner

My friend has around 5 LCT guns and I have one, neither of us have had any issues with it, compared to king arms, g&g etc, it's massively better (IMO)

I've fallen over many times with mine, I've knocked it hard against walls, trees and there's still not even wobble in it. Compare it to my g&g ak, which snapped in half when it fell over from leaning against a wall... xD

Would you consider a LCT AKM? It has very similar appearances to the 47, wood furniture too.

The LCT AK47 is a limited edition so it's fairly pricey and difficult to locate.

With regards internals, the RPK and AK are both version three gearbox. The RPD is a different type,.

Would agree with the above, it's a rare beast and a head turner.

My LCT AKM is the best gun I own. Buy one, feed it .3s and laugh as people the other side of the field wonder how the fudge you just hit them! 😂

I've got 2 LCT ak's, a 74u and a 74m. Both have been very reliable, and are suprisingly accurate in standard form. I'll also be buying an LCT VSS Vintorez soon, which shows my faith in the brand

1 minute ago, E21A said:

My LCT AKM is the best gun I own. Buy one, feed it .3s and laugh as people the other side of the field wonder how the fudge you just hit them! 😂

The first time I used my ak74u I got numerous incredibly surprised comments about it's range, was out-ranging much more expensive guns, was fun😂

• Supporters

My LCT AKM is easily the best gun I own. It looks great and feels great too. 

37 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Sorry to semi thread-jack - what batteries do you guys and gals with the LCT AKM use?

At the moment a 7.4 with a stock gun. Have one LCT that I plan to put a retro arms gearbox and gate titan in, will try a 11.1 with that.

Guest VeniVidiVici
7 hours ago, DerDer said:

Would you consider a LCT AKM? It has very similar appearances to the 47, wood furniture too.

The LCT AK47 is a limited edition so it's fairly pricey and difficult to locate.

With regards internals, the RPK and AK are both version three gearbox. The RPD is a different type,.

Would agree with the above, it's a rare beast and a head turner.

I would consider an AKM. Is it the same internally as the 47

Also battery wise is does the battery go in the stock or in the upper receiver 

23 minutes ago, VeniVidiVici said:

I would consider an AKM. Is it the same internally as the 47

Also battery wise is does the battery go in the stock or in the upper receiver 

Yeah, internals are LCT's V3 gearbox in both. The battery goes in the stock, very handy to find batteries that fit. Also you can install a dummy bolt down the line if you fancy it. Alternatively an EBB kit, if you're into that sort of stuff.

Guest VeniVidiVici
3 hours ago, DerDer said:

Yeah, internals are LCT's V3 gearbox in both. The battery goes in the stock, very handy to find batteries that fit. Also you can install a dummy bolt down the line if you fancy it. Alternatively an EBB kit, if you're into that sort of stuff.

Is the EBB kit separate or does it come with certain model's 

I have two LCTs and love them. Mine are both sub carbines.

The reason the AK47 is so expensive is that it is a special edition with a milled receiver. All the other AKs are pressed steel.

The very first real steel AKs were actually  made with pressed steel, but the Russians had problems with them, and switched for a while to milled steel. Once they got the knack of how to make good pressed steel receivers they switched back.  

I would save yourself some money and get an AKM, at half the price of the AK47. What do you need a milled slide in an airsoft gun for? I imagine milled steel is heavier.

Most people say LCTs benefit from a better motor, but I run mine stock and have been perfectly happy with their performance.

Externally, they look like the real thing.

And another LCT AKM fanboy here.  Mine is lovely completely stock.  I have an RPD too.

2 hours ago, VeniVidiVici said:

Is the EBB kit separate or does it come with certain model's 

It is sold separate.  Tis pricey and haven't had any experience with it.

Not a fan of AK's but have always had a soft spot for the LCKMSU. Its been in my maybe pile for some time.

That and the VSS.

eil-elmsu-submachine-gun-replica-foto1.jpg

Archived