Beginner first gun SA- Edge12 Need help

thanh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Might buy this gun https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-e12-edge-carbine?fv=9283 

Apparently it is brand new and value to price is amazing as it is upgraded with good stuff. However don't know what batteries to use and fit it as there is no information on this gun.

I found these batteries as the gun say it is an dean connector.

11.4v https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1200mah-3s-15-25c-lipo-airsoft-pack-t-connector.html 

7.4v https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2000mah-2s-15-30c-lipo-airsoft-pack-t-connector.html

Your best bet would be to contact Patrol Base and ask them what battery they would recommend. Some manufacturers are iffy about people using 11.1s, and in some cases using one can void the warranty.  

I also have an SA-E12, haven't had a chance to see it yet (away from home at the moment) but I'll be able to give a brief review this afternoon when I finally get home.

It comes wired to Deans though but also has a Mini-tamiya converter.

• Supporters

"Suggested Battery Voltage 7.4v"

Another of those super robust high end upgraded steel geared / racked guns that isn't warranted to run on 11.1V.  <eye-roll.gif>

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

"Suggested Battery Voltage 7.4v"

Another of those super robust high end upgraded steel geared / racked guns that isn't warranted to run on 11.1V.  <eye-roll.gif>

I'd suggest that standard Patrol Base arse covering bullshit (remember the G&G ETU debacle?). The GATE X-ASR mosfet is fine up to 12.2V, it comes with a 9.6V NiMh I'd say a &.4v LiPo will be absolutely fine and while I see no reason why an 11.1v will kill it I would ask yourself if you really need it.

Just got back home, VERY DISAPPOINTED, WILL BE RETURNING MINE.

Several parts left unpainted:

dust cover, receiver pins, qd sling point

Full Auto doesn't work. Locks in place exactly like safe.

proprietary delta ring / handguard system, seems like I cant replace the handguard.

2 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

proprietary delta ring / handguard system, seems like I cant replace the handguard.

Why would you want to replace the hand guard on a gun you’ve just bought??? 

6 minutes ago, E21A said:

Why would you want to replace the hand guard on a gun you’ve just bought??? 

Because I wanted to check if I could down the line?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

VERY DISAPPOINTED, WILL BE RETURNING MINE.

It's a shame to hear about the full-auto not working correctly, and the tricky rail replacement.. but, the parts you're disappointed about being unpainted are shown as such on the Patrolbase website...

SyrOknH.jpg

Don't forget, by-and-large, these guns manage to fit into the Combat Machine price bracket

If they manage this by skimping on the Black Humbrol on some small parts, then I don't see that being an issue.

Good luck with the replacement though, hopefully you find something you like.

3 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Have to agree with others the site shows clearly the bits you mention as grey looking. As for the handguard not being as you expected this is surely the type of question a quick email to patrolbase would have told you before buying. 

I think you have gotten lucky to have a mechanical issue with it as your other complaints while might be valid were your own mistakes or assumptions about a product. 

I do hope you get something you like or at least a fully working gun sorted out quickly. 

44 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

It's a shame to hear about the full-auto not working correctly, and the tricky rail replacement.. but, the parts you're disappointed about being unpainted are shown as such on the Patrolbase website...

SyrOknH.jpg

Don't forget, by-and-large, these guns manage to fit into the Combat Machine price bracket

If they manage this by skimping on the Black Humbrol on some small parts, then I don't see that being an issue.

Good luck with the replacement though, hopefully you find something you like.

27 minutes ago, Musica said:

Have to agree with others the site shows clearly the bits you mention as grey looking. As for the handguard not being as you expected this is surely the type of question a quick email to patrolbase would have told you before buying. 

I think you have gotten lucky to have a mechanical issue with it as your other complaints while might be valid were your own mistakes or assumptions about a product. 

I do hope you get something you like or at least a fully working gun sorted out quickly. 

Mine was from Gunfire. And by unpainted I mean that it is literally bare rough metal without any sort of coating. Though i admit in the pictures it looks grey, I still think its unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Mine was from Gunfire. As I mentioned unpainted in the fact the metal was unfinished in anyway.

got some pictures? 

7 minutes ago, Musica said:

got some pictures? 

updated my previous comment as I had a good look at the parts described, disappointed they chose to cutback on these errors, makes the nice externals that specnas usually have seem terrible. 

Archived