E&L AK's. Are they good and which one

Guest VeniVidiVici
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest VeniVidiVici

I've had m4's and whatnot, and want something different. So I looked at AK's and saw E&L. From numerous online reviews I found it has rock solid internal's and near perfect replica quality. Can anyone tell me if they are worth it.

Depends on the price but would probably recommend a LCT ahead of them. The E&L has some nice features such as the QC gearbox and the popular Russian red finish.  Seems  pricier than the LCT in the UK. The E&L seem to have some quality control issues. The one I got, the hop was unusable and required quite a bit of work to get it up to scratch.

Is there a particular model you are looking at? I.e. classic wood or more tactical.

Guest VeniVidiVici
2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Depends on the price but would probably recommend a LCT ahead of them. The E&L has some nice features such as the QC gearbox and the popular Russian red finish.  Seems  pricier than the LCT in the UK. The E&L seem to have some quality control issues. The one I got, the hop was unusable and required quite a bit of work to get it up to scratch.

Is there a particular model you are looking at? I.e. classic wood or more tactical.

Probably Wood

30 minutes ago, VeniVidiVici said:

Probably Wood

An Ak with the wood furniture is very appealing. The finish on the LCT wood lines are probably longer lasting than those on the E&L.  The reddish tinge on the E&L is appealing to lots of people. That being said both are close enough that you can modify surplus furniture to fit and spare parts (including wooden ones) are available.

If you are thinking of going for an  underfolder like the AKMS, would strongly urge you to go for the LCT over the E&L. The latter has reports of the mechanism failing. Also from handling both ,the E&L has a bit more wobble.  Also disassembling the E&L sometimes requires a bit of force, wouldn't help the longevity of the folding stock. 

I have both, if you can master the technique of rubbing the metal with an oily rag get the E&L, if this is beyond your teching skill then get the LCT.

joking aside I can't fault either , I have an AKM LCT that is a breeze to strip but has a standard gearbox, the E&L is a 74u and is more of a pain to strip but has a quick change Spring.

both shoot well and do their respective jobs as well as each other. The E&L definitely looks and feels like the real thing, the LCT is very close

Archived