Balance battery charger

Levelup
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Spool. I have a battery for my g36 and for my electric pistol. Is there a balance charger that has dual ports as they have very different connectors. I'm assuming if not there will be a connector that exists to convert it for the charger, but wanted some advise first. See attached for pictures if the batteries and their connection types. All help appreciated as always. :)

15555223404091487370112933603834.jpg

15555222793973785700906761416556.jpg

• Supporters

You can't really balance charge either of those.  The cells are simply wired in series, with no balance leads.  I'd stick with using the (doubtless) dumb chargers that came with them, and charging them for no more than a couple of hours at a time, while you save up for lipo replacements, and an iMax B6 smart charger.

The best thing you can do for your electric pistol is to wire it for a lipo.  It improves trigger response and ROF significantly.  These 300mAh 7.4V ones should fit.  They come with a JST connector as standard, or you could replace that with a mini-Deans.  Either way, wire the pistol to suit.  It really is as simple as soldering two wires from a matching connector onto the existing terminals that the stock battery connector is wired to.

If you don't fancy doing that, there are drop in lipo replacements for the standard battery available, but they run more expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived