This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Good day one and all

Are most paintball / Airsoft sites equipped with compressors for HPA tanks ? 

I bought a beautiful HPA CA M15A4  with two Upper receivers (CQB and DMR) and mancraft converted to HPA and I didnt do my homework. 

Where else do you charge your rifle tank if not at the site ? Is there a cheap way to do it at home ? 

Thanks in advance.

36 minutes ago, WackyIraqi said:

Good day one and all

Are most paintball / Airsoft sites equipped with compressors for HPA tanks ? 

I bought a beautiful HPA CA M15A4  with two Upper receivers (CQB and DMR) and mancraft converted to HPA and I didnt do my homework. 

Where else do you charge your rifle tank if not at the site ? Is there a cheap way to do it at home ? 

Thanks in advance.

If you are strong and fit, you can get a manual pump. Something like this

Or you can go to any dive shop and they will fill the bottles for you. 

Most HPA players have a big scuba bottle (which needs servicing/certification every couple years I think??) and then fill their smaller bottles off of that. 

4 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

If you are strong and fit, you can get a manual pump. Something like this

Or you can go to any dive shop and they will fill the bottles for you. 

Most HPA players have a big scuba bottle (which needs servicing/certification every couple years I think??) and then fill their smaller bottles off of that. 

I found a place near me that does it for a fiver which isnt so bad. I think the small tanks do not require servicing so yay for that. 

They are cheap enough to replace anyhow.

quite the headache though I am starting to debate if its worth it :)

The small tanks do need servicing/testing. How long depends on the type of tank (the cheaper tanks it can be easier just to get a new one). Given how stupidly dangerous that amount of pressure is you absolutely want to be confident they're in test.

As for refills, mostly if a site has a compressor it's there for paintball rather than airsoft, so if you see them offering paintball then odds are compressed air can be found.

3 hours ago, WackyIraqi said:

I think the small tanks do not require servicing so yay for that. 

As the Adolf said they do need testing. Two things that factor a tank test is it's purpose. If it's for breathing or not. The latter means the test time is extended however shouldn't be used for anything life supporting. The size isn't important (in tanks anyway... lol :lol:). Most if not all places will not touch a tank without it date stamped or equivalent. The risk is not worth the reward which could be as little as couple of quid.

^well there's a sticky post if ever i saw one.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

^well there's a sticky post if ever i saw one.

This definitely does need to be a sticky. The reason I mentioned the small tanks is because the tank that I got with the gun is a 13cl. 

Tanks are cheap enough that I would much rather replace one every year than push my luck.

i kinda know now why HPA is called the dark art hAha 

5 hours ago, WackyIraqi said:

I found a place near me that does it for a fiver which isnt so bad. I think the small tanks do not require servicing so yay for that. 

They are cheap enough to replace anyhow.

quite the headache though I am starting to debate if its worth it :)

If you play at a site where they also do paintball you can ask if they do refills for HPA as well.  When I play at Skirmish Wycombe Airsoft I get free refils, so doesn't hurt to ask.

Cheers

G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.