Looking for a good GBB AK

Tony.S
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I've been looking into getting myself a GBB ak and even though I've researched the hell out of it, I'd like some opinions.

I've finally decided, after getting my hands on a few GBBRs, that GBB>AEG (In terms of cool factor... and nothing else xD)

I'm looking for one that is reliable, and that is actually in stock as I want to buy it within the next couple months. Price range is just not crazy high, I don't really know how much I want to spend yet.

What I'm wanting is something that looks very modern and tactical, as much as I love wooden parts, it's not what I'm after. I don't mind if I have to replace parts either, so if it will work with zenitco then it's a huge plus as this is going to be a project gun

This is my goal (It doesn't have to be exactly the same, just look similar)

66b1124327ba2f3fd6fed038e552f835.png.ace641cc54fe07e3845fafcc4d701ba8.png

The only two I've seen that seem to be decent is the GHK AK105, which from what I've read uses LCT externals, so it's not gonna break on me (I have a bad history with running into doorways with guns :D)

It seems to be made after I buy it, or they restock it if I ask for one. Either way, it seems possible to get one quite easily.

And the WE PMC ak, which is much similar to what I want the end result to be but it doesn't seem to be as sturdy or more importantly, in stock.

Are there any other good brands and guns I should look into? Thanks in advance

It's my first gas blowback other than pistols, so any tips would be appreciated.

GHK... it's the dogs nadgers. Quality is brilliant as you've said (LCT colab). You'll be looking at around £750 before changing any externals if you go down that road (assuming you want at least 5 mags to play effectively).

Daytona would be pretty sweet though... completely different route to the GHK though.

If you're looking at getting a GHK AK you may want to consider getting a gbb compatible hpa drum mag by Kinetic Action, LLC.

I have one it very good and you get 2000rd (autowinding)  on tap and you get the benefits of air eg more consistent fps wise, very resistant to cool down when firing on full auto. Downside you have a line and a tank. 

• Root Admin

I would carefully consider HPA for British weather unless you only play inside. Daytona Gun kits are really nice for this if you have the money and patience.

Other than that, GHK is the only real option. Forget WE.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

E&l ak with a daytonagun kit

Maximum balla

LCT would be the better bet if going Daytona, it’s designed to fit LCT 

Thanks for the replies, although a Daytona and LCT or E&L body would probably be the best, I'm not a fan of the tube, sorry.

So WE is off the table, thanks.

It seems people like the GHKs, so that's probably what I'm going to go for, and LCT externals is a huge plus.

Thanks again!

One more thing, where would I be able to get a GHK, I have only seen one site where there is one, do they still get restocked often?

You can get them here but not all shown are in stock. It's where I got my AK74UN from, luvvit. Only things I changed where the hop & barrel plus I added a hispeed buffer. I don't run full auto except for fun but the buffer makes it snappier.

I changed the hop because the first one destroyed itself with a misfeed. However even in bits the sucker still kept fighting before I noticed two games later... true to form, an AK doesn't give a shit, it just works like it should. 

The mags can on occasions need some work if using the metal AKM ones, the plastic ones need no work.

The metal ones can need some filing inside the bb tube so the BB feeder doesn't catch. Small file is all that's needed. I also poxy fixed the crimped mag lock (don't know the technical term) as they eventually start to move as they are only crimped. Neither is a big job.

The AK field strips almost exactly the same as the real one, well you could say it does strip like a real one but the bolt carrier is obviously different and then there's a hop unit etc. But it is airsoft so somethings have to be different... lol :lol:

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/gas-blowback-rifles-and-smg-s/ghk-rifles-and-smg-s

Here's the puppy...

IMG_8760.thumb.JPG.46dfaca41d8fdcdc868277ee80ca3faa.JPG

IMG_0841.thumb.JPG.66507d26b9d041460133df9d5d718a3b.JPG

57 minutes ago, Immortal said:

You can get them here but not all shown are in stock. It's where I got my AK74UN from, luvvit. Only things I changed where the hop & barrel plus I added a hispeed buffer. I don't run full auto except for fun but the buffer makes it snappier.

I changed the hop because the first one destroyed itself with a misfeed. However even in bits the sucker still kept fighting before I noticed two games later... true to form, an AK doesn't give a shit, it just works like it should. 

The mags can on occasions need some work if using the metal AKM ones, the plastic ones need no work.

The metal ones can need some filing inside the bb tube so the BB feeder doesn't catch. Small file is all that's needed. I also poxy fixed the crimped mag lock (don't know the technical term) as they eventually start to move as they are only crimped. Neither is a big job.

The AK field strips almost exactly the same as the real one, well you could say it does strip like a real one but the bolt carrier is obviously different and then there's a hop unit etc. But it is airsoft so somethings have to be different... lol :lol:

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/gas-blowback-rifles-and-smg-s/ghk-rifles-and-smg-s

Here's the puppy...

IMG_8760.thumb.JPG.46dfaca41d8fdcdc868277ee80ca3faa.JPG

IMG_0841.thumb.JPG.66507d26b9d041460133df9d5d718a3b.JPG

Damn that looks sick, and thanks for the website too, although it's expensive, I'd rather buy from here than import it from Taiwan :D

What brand is the suppressor?

Loving the 7.62 mags with the aku xD

• Supporters
Just now, Tony.S said:

Damn that looks sick, and thanks for the website too, although it's expensive, I'd rather buy from here than import it from Taiwan :D

Anyone with half a brain  just buys ghks from Samoon. They are the main seller in the world and although not UK based the service is first class. 

Don't be scared of foreign stores they are an airsofters best friend.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Anyone with half a brain  just buys ghks from Samoon. They are the main seller in the world and although not UK based the service is first class. 

Don't be scared of foreign stores they are an airsofters best friend.

I'm still scared aha, I'm just worried about importing it and it taking months to arrive

If I add shipping, the price is about the same, so I'll bookmark both sites and I'll come back to it at a later date

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Tony.S said:

I'm still scared aha, I'm just worried about importing it and it taking months to arrive

If I add shipping, the price is about the same, so I'll bookmark both sites and I'll come back to it at a later date

Nah usually within a couple of weeks. I have had stuff within 4 days, lots of UK airsoft stores cant even manage that.

90% of what I buy comes from Taiwan or HK.

29 minutes ago, Tony.S said:

As Trigger says, with the right paperwork there is no issue importing from any other country and Samoon is long established. Plus they're the original source for these babies.

The silencer is Swiss Arms iirc, I won it on ebay for peanuts as nobody else bet on it. They're only a score full price (again iirc). I paid about a tenner. It's huge... lol :lol:  It has a Hephaestus silencer adaptor to fit it...

Yeah the traditional mags do look the part. They give a more authentic feel to the RIF. WOrth the extra attention they may need.

If you do order from Samoon you could also make it more worthwhile by ordering all the other parts you may want at the sametime.

Shipping from these places isn't as bad as it used to be timewise. And you normally get options for faster/slower shipping rates.

It's Royal Snail that are the slow buggers... :lol:

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

As Trigger says, with the right paperwork there is no issue importing from any other country and Samoon is long established. Plus they're the original source for these babies.

The silencer is Swiss Arms iirc, I won it on ebay for peanuts as nobody else bet on it. They're only a score full price (again iirc). I paid about a tenner. It's huge... lol :lol:  It has a Hephaestus silencer adaptor to fit it...

Yeah the traditional mags do look the part. They give a more authentic feel to the RIF. WOrth the extra attention they may need.

If you do order from Samoon you could also make it more worthwhile by ordering all the other parts you may want at the sametime.

Shipping from these places isn't as bad as it used to be timewise. And you normally get options for faster/slower shipping rates.

It's Royal Snail that are the slow buggers... :lol:

I literally just realised it's in dollars and not pounds...

I'll probably end up ordering from there then, thanks guys!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Immortal said:

Ahh bollocks I was hoping you would bite at the half a brain dig...... you're no fun 😶

Thought id ask here rather than start another thread, with regards to the GHK AKM/AKMS, how are the stocks? my main question is can you easily replace the stock of the AKMS with a real wood stock? 

13 hours ago, TantoJoe said:

Thought id ask here rather than start another thread, with regards to the GHK AKM/AKMS, how are the stocks? my main question is can you easily replace the stock of the AKMS with a real wood stock? 

I have no doubt the stock won't be rock solid as it's made by LCT, I think the AKM one should have a rather easily replaceable stock, I've only read about AK74, PP-19 etc having them replaced so I'd double check from someone else. I have no clue on the S variant though, I'd guess with it attatching at a different point that it wouldn't be possible, but again, get a second opinion. :D

17 hours ago, TantoJoe said:

Putting a solid stock on an AKMS would require a new reciever, so you arent really replacing the stock, you're replacing a fair % of the gun itself.

The AKMS reciever has a hole on each side where the folding stock is fitted, with the rear of the reciever being flat. The AKM reciever doesn't have those holes,and the rear of the receiver has 'tangs' which the stock fits to.

With an AKM you could fit a real stock fairly easily with a bit of modification to the stock. You could also get a stock adapter which would allow you fit m4 style stocks should you ever wish to tacticool it up.

One more question, I'm about to buy this soon and I'm wondering what gas I should get.

I've had issues with green gas not being strong enough even in the summer for my pistol, so should I get the different nozzles and stay with black gas? Does black gas have stronger blowback even with a different nozzle?

18 hours ago, Tony.S said:

One more question, I'm about to buy this soon and I'm wondering what gas I should get.

I've had issues with green gas not being strong enough even in the summer for my pistol, so should I get the different nozzles and stay with black gas? Does black gas have stronger blowback even with a different nozzle?

You'll be fine with green (or propane) gas for most of the year. You could try a bit of red in the cold & damp months...

I've got a standard nozzle, a 1 joule nozzle and an adjustable nozzle.

The standard one I have MAY be just the one classed as the low fps nizzle for this country as I've seen some reviews on the tube running a "standard nozzle" that runs way hotter than mine. The 1 joule nozzle is fine. The adjustable one is a pile of poop IME and is a bit ghetto consisting of a screw you either wind in or out to change the fps and it's quite inconsistent on FPS I have found.

I am talking from having the smallest AK they do so I can't say what the bigger models perform like but as a guess - not that different. :lol:

IF samoon still sell them I'd recommend a TNT TR Hop unit and barrel set. It's a good upgrade for the GHK AK.

The stock hop works fine but is a weak spot being plastic and they can shatter with a misfeed. And it will at some point.

(The TNT hop may require a little filing to fit properly...)

I made on Saturday a new nub for mine to lift a slightly heavier weight BB. It's made from an HSS drill bit (donor material).

Domed ontop for the rotary wheel to slide on easy and flat underneath on the bucking. Essentially it's just a longer harder nub.

It lifts 0.32 dead straight with almost no hop applied... lol :lol:

IMG_2932.thumb.JPG.31684e8600f17b124023805822454e41.JPG

IMG_2931.thumb.JPG.93569a368e1877ec8bee319f12411390.JPG

IMG_2934.thumb.JPG.44aac9d25db920611f8872af86a4f227.JPG

I have yet another question, about importing from Samoon, I can't find a whole lot, what has peoples experiences been with it? I've read you have to tell them to write the UKARA number on the box, is there anything else, such as fees etc. Thanks

Archived