G&G GR4 G26 upgrades!

Kieran95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the G26 as standard out the box I’m looking to upgrade internally and looking for recommendations for parts I’m looking to achieve 

higher rate of fire 

higher FPS currently 309

accuracy and ranger

faster trigger response  

12 hours ago, Kieran95 said:

I have the G26 as standard out the box I’m looking to upgrade internally and looking for recommendations for parts I’m looking to achieve 

higher rate of fire 

higher FPS currently 309

accuracy and ranger

faster trigger response  

Higher rate of fire: you could get a v2 btc spectre mosfet or a gate titan,these can help with trigger response, and you can program the firing interval with them, however if you want a much higher rate of fire then I think you'll need to go down the dsg route which I have no experience with sorry. 

Higher fps currently 309: I would probably stick to that spring for the time being, try and get a good quality tight bore barrel like prometheus, Edgi or PDI and good quality bbs when you do so. 

Getting a decent piston head, piston and cylinder all helps with air seal with then improves your fps

Accuracy and range: personally I have a perfect metal prometheus hop up with unit with the prometheus purple rubber and I get a decent range on it, others will advise to go for R-hop, flat hop or s-hop. 

The tight bore barrel will help with accuracy and fps

Hope it helps

I tune all of my AEGs for faster trigger response, and rate of fire goes up with this as you are effectively shortening the time it takes for one complete cycle of the gearbox. 

The easiest and cheapest way to achieve this is by installing a mosfet and running an 11.1v lipo. You will need the mosfet to prevent the trigger contacts burning out from the higher voltage output of the 11.1. Even faster trigger response is possible with the 11.1 & mosfet, high speed gears (13:1 ratio), a high torque motor, 16awg wire and short stroking the piston. The second route requires more work and tuning, so my advice would be to try the 11.1 and mosfet first, as this is sufficient for most people.

Accuracy is a bit of a redundant word in airsoft. You're chucking a round plastic BB down a smooth barrel, you're never going to achieve pinpoint accuracy with those factors. What is important is shot to shot consistency. Consistent FPS and consistent hop with a quality inner barrel and good quality BBs will give you a more consistent BB flight, allowing you to better determine where your shot will land. To add to what Noobtoobe mentioned with upgrading the compression parts, installing a metal cylinder head with a double o-ring and a nozzle with an o-ring will go a long way to improving FPS consistency. They are the first thing I change out when I buy a new gun/tech a friend's gun. I find that usually the stock cylinder, piston and piston head are fine, but if you want to change them out while you're at it then go nuts. Just remember lighter parts move faster, so avoid metal pistons/piston heads if you want the most speed out of your setup. 

Archived