Stag do convert near Cambridge

postmangav
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI guys. We went to Combat Airsoft in Thetford for a mates stag do a few weeks back and have caught the bug! The last week or so has been spent eyeing up guns and gear across the internet. Have grabbed some camo and am now looking to book our second game. The Thetford site was really good and despite being complete newbies, we were made to feel really welcome by the staff and players the whole time we were there.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Moderators

welcome,:D

Played at Combat Airsoft a few times, well run site. I like the fact they take (did last time i was there) food orders before you start any games so that its ready when you return, not like urban Assault where you order at the break and could be waiting an hour before you eat due to the q's!....hence Tesco before hand!  :lol: 

so where are you based near Cambridge then?

We have UA, Team Green, Gunman, SWAS, Mad Dog, all within 30mins drive, i used to have one 2 mins drive but they moved away :(

3 hours ago, djben9 said:

welcome,:D

Played at Combat Airsoft a few times, well run site. I like the fact they take (did last time i was there) food orders before you start any games so that its ready when you return, not like urban Assault where you order at the break and could be waiting an hour before you eat due to the q's!....hence Tesco before hand!  :lol: 

so where are you based near Cambridge then?

We have UA, Team Green, Gunman, SWAS, Mad Dog, all within 30mins drive, i used to have one 2 mins drive but they moved away :(

I live in Sutton near Ely and most of my mates are fairly close by. We were very impressed with Combat as we had literally no idea what to expect. We turned up in hoodie and jeans to a car park full of guys in full camo with massive gun cases! Expected to be treated like outsiders but were pleasantly suprised by how friendly every one was. I too liked the food ordering system although the chips were rubbish! Haven't tried urban assault yet as I'm hoping to get 3 games in at combat to get registered with UKARA before buying the inevitable G&G Raider :)

• Moderators

Did you get the first game day stamp?, 

Im hoping to get to SWAS next sunday but as my parents are taking the kids out, the wife now has other ideas otherwise it will have to wait a few weeks until the dates change :)

Few of us now in the local area, which is good!....take over the world next!:lol:

Try also Gunman at Tuddenham and Team green, i think it works out 3 in 4 weeks a month there for games. Night games are also fun

I got my UKARA numbers at both UA and Tuddenham as you can never have enough! (allows an overlap with renewal now!! haha). When you do get your defence, try and visit Firesupport in Peterborough, you'll come out with something different than the G&G ;) 

30 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Did you get the first game day stamp?, 

Im hoping to get to SWAS next sunday but as my parents are taking the kids out, the wife now has other ideas otherwise it will have to wait a few weeks until the dates change :)

Few of us now in the local area, which is good!....take over the world next!:lol:

Try also Gunman at Tuddenham and Team green, i think it works out 3 in 4 weeks a month there for games. Night games are also fun

I got my UKARA numbers at both UA and Tuddenham as you can never have enough! (allows an overlap with renewal now!! haha). When you do get your defence, try and visit Firesupport in Peterborough, you'll come out with something different than the G&G ;) 

No I didn't get a stamp. Didn't know there was such thing. Looking on the combat website you can apply online and just add in the 3 dates you played so hopefully that'll be fine. I've been on the Firesupport website a few times and will definitely be making a trip there at some point. Will have to look into Tuddenham as I don't even know where that is! 

I have yet to broach the subject about how many sundays the wife will be looking after the boys so wish me luck with that one!

• Moderators

Tudders is about a 20ish min drive. Near Red Lodge

yep, welcome to that club as well, now my sons football is coming to an end i get the odd Saturday to go if im lucky!!.....have yet to play this year :(

Archived