Feeling out-gunned

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am Brighton way. Much appreciated Wolf, may get to a point where I post the upper off to you! I have watched a MWS takedown video just now and there are several points of the process that I would f--k up!!!

Other end of the world to me. If you don’t fancy trying it, I’ll happily do it for you, but it’s honestly a 15 minute job. Especially with a standard front end. One hex head bolt to remove the KAC rail, 2 pins for the front sight post, a Phillips screw for the bottom of the delta ring assembly and then twist the barrel nut off and pull. 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tackle said:

sounds more like Grinder 😜

I wouldn’t know. What you do in your spare time is your business mate. 😏

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

My issue here is fitting it. I am an absolute amateur, and I don't fancy the idea of wrecking it!

maybe worth starting out, i'm not gonna lie and say you won't mess things up but there are ways around it.

you could get a cheap gun to tinker with and learn the basics, or if you'd rather stick with the mws then build a barrel/hop combo to drop in that way you keep the original handy in case it doesn't work.

once you've got a bit of experience it's great, no need to worry about how a gun shoots out of the box (or secondhand) when you know you can just fix any of the problems.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Prisce said:

I wouldn’t know mate. 😏

lol, me neither, hate to admit it but some aspects of modern life baffle me (being old), couple of years ago some of my younger workmates were joking about "tea bagging", now i like a cup of PG as much as the next guy so had to ask, so he says its easier if I show you & whips out his smartphone, lets just say they were laughing for the rest of the day at my response.

course that meant they'd found my Achilles heel, & took every opportunity to "enlighten" me further.

don't get me started on "2 girls & a cup"🙈

25 minutes ago, Tackle said:

lol, me neither, hate to admit it but some aspects of modern life baffle me (being old), couple of years ago some of my younger workmates were joking about "tea bagging", now i like a cup of PG as much as the next guy so had to ask, so he says its easier if I show you & whips out his smartphone, lets just say they were laughing for the rest of the day at my response.

course that meant they'd found my Achilles heel, & took every opportunity to "enlighten" me further.

You mean "2 girls ONE cup"....pfft, old people.

@Dentonboy I know what you mean about the snipers, I was at that game as well, same, coming back after a small airsoft break, I'd say 70-80% of the multiple times I have been hit were by snipers. A really nice day even if I spent a lot of time running to and back from the spawn ( and when I say running I mean the first 3 or 4 times :D  )

I am definitely gonna mod my KA m4, because I felt outgunned too ( currently stock). a bit and after someone let me have a test shot with their SRS Silverback, I am really thinking to save up for one of those.

• Supporters

I Know the feeling, I’m young and I still don’t understand the mentality of my peers. I think I’m getting more childish the older I get.

If you fancy a chuckle from your era, look up Rainbow does Top Gear on YouTube.😏 Thank me later.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

23 minutes ago, Kzwi said:

@Dentonboy I know what you mean about the snipers, I was at that game as well, same, coming back after a small airsoft break, I'd say 70-80% of the multiple times I have been hit were by snipers. A really nice day even if I spent a lot of time running to and back from the spawn ( and when I say running I mean the first 3 or 4 times :D  )

I am definitely gonna mod my KA m4, because I felt outgunned too ( currently stock). a bit and after someone let me have a test shot with their SRS Silverback, I am really thinking to save up for one of those.

Were you red or yellow?!

@Dentonboy Yellow team but I am colorblind, there may have been a green or orange team as well for all i know  😁

27 minutes ago, Samurai said:

It's never the gun.

I agree to a point as I am not a very good shot tbh (even with real guns on a range actually)

But I do need to mod for consistency, also I like the aspect of working on replicas, it feels more like MY replica if I modded it, less like something you just buy and after a bit trial and error I enjoy more if it shoots like i want it to ( don't know if that makes sense). 

42 minutes ago, Kzwi said:

@Dentonboy Yellow team but I am colorblind, there may have been a green or orange team as well for all i know  😁

We were yellows too - I was in ranger green and my team mates were in MC. My brother had the loose ghillie on. Think the yellows did ok that day.

37 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Think the yellows did ok that day.

For sure and everyone seemed to be having a good day. ( except for that one guy that left at noon )

MTP Multicam with od suspender and belt and my girlfriend was DPM and MTP with FG Krytac LVOA. That was us.

Definitely gonna come back to this site, likely May 5th next time, pm if you guys are around that day.

Were you the chap who had the hot gun which kept failing at the chrono?! I was behind you twice if so!

Yes, it was me, I was a bit unhappy about that, first time I have the issue of store-bought being too hot with that shop.

edit:

And the guy doing the chrono test almost put the approved zip tie on the wrong replica, both of us like "wait a minute " :D 

32 minutes ago, Kzwi said:

Yes, it was me, I was a bit unhappy about that, first time I have the issue of store-bought being too hot with that shop.

edit:

And the guy doing the chrono test almost put the approved zip tie on the wrong replica, both of us like "wait a minute " :D 

I mentioned that when we were driving home! It was a bit "wtf?! You have 1 job..."

Archived