broken trigger unit

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok guys 

so I am having problems with my armourer works Glock 18c. basically pulling the trigger does nothing, not even the usual click. I took it apart and found this 

image.thumb.png.177229ec855f7ebea7796be776af8021.png

I showed it to a guy on the field and he said that it was missing a clip that would have gone in just under the bright silver thing on the right-hand side.  He said that I should get a whole new trigger unit but I am not so sure. Basically what I want to know is do I have to get a new trigger unit or can I just get that clip. And if anyone knows then could you link me to a place where I would be able to find whichever part I need

Many thanks 

Solly 

Clip Missing?

There is no clip.

There are four springs in the G18 hammer chassis. Semi auto sear and full auto sear, hammer and knocker lock spring

There are two sears, (semi and auto) hammer arm, knocker arm and knocker lock arm.

Associated pins and the frame 

Thats it

Cant tell from the pic if anything is missing or broken, but in my experience if nothing is happening it’s either the trigger assembly or the semi/full auto selector assembly, not the hammer.

22 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

When we first took it apart something fell out so I just assumed it was a clip seeing as it was curved and in two pieces. but thanks, would more pictures be better? 

Yes.

I can see the hammer spring, so it’s not that.

its either the semi or auto sear spring IF it fell out of the hammer chassis.

BUT

Being an 18, I suspect it’s the selector spring and pin from the slide. Does the selector switch still feel as solid with a positive click between semi and auto?

• 1 month later...

Archived