DSG questions

CommonAirsofter1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am wanting to make my ARP9 a DSG, but have no experience in any of the parts for a DSG.

Can anyone tell me a list of the type of parts which are essential for the build (not specific products)?

What would the overall cost be on average for this?

Thanks for help, it is much appreciated.

not everything essential but here's a rough list.....it ain't for the faint-hearted

DSG gear
18:1 gear set (16:1 will work as well)

HT motor - ZCI 22tpa
FMR piston
mosfet
16awg wire
decent compression

decent bushings
decent gearbox shell

Plenty of patients

17 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

not everything essential but here's a rough list.....it ain't for the faint-hearted

DSG gear
18:1 gear set (16:1 will work as well)

HT motor - ZCI 22tpa
FMR piston
mosfet
16awg wire
decent compression

decent bushings
decent gearbox shell

Plenty of patients

Thanks for the list, I will look into specific parts and what their purposes are, appreciate it!

• Supporters

Isn't that G&G a ETU gun ????

TBH forget DSG as it is well over rated

I'd just run it on a small 11.1v until the ETU or box craps out then re-do it as a 13:1 short stroke setup on a m115 spring

The motor might be an Orange Ifrit or Blue G&G 25k motor on 13:1 you get near 20 rps on 7.4v if done right or 30rps on 11.1v

(you would really need to know what you are doing and dump the ETU for a proper mosfet)

Resist the DSG temptation BS - a good tweaked SSG will get very good results without a lot of money & hassle if done right

replace the bronzey bushings as they wear quickly - especially under the gears really quick

TBH - just use the gun as it is for a good while until it starts to crap out, the fps - wait until it drops below 300fps or something

too many people - including me, take a working gun and fuck it up trying to upgrade shit

plus a DSG unless you really really walk on water just craps out & destroys itself very quickly

most DIY DSG's instead of firing very quickly, end up just destroying themselves very quickly instead

uae it as is for a good while and stick with a tweaked SSG setup maybe than dream of a DSG

Archived