New gun time, Hera Arms CQR?

Lokai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After breaking my MCX I've decided I want to get a new gun (will get the MCX looked at, at some point).

I've got my eye on three guns, the Hera Arms CQR, ICS CXP APE and 2018 Scorpion Evo A1. I'm leaning towards the CQR purely from the looks, internally I presume it's the same as the ICS? Always fancied an Evo but means I need all new mags.

Any hands-on experience with the CQR ? I know it's relatively new. Any other recommendations I should check out, max price up to around £450. Won't be upgrading or anything.

Cheers

I built a GBB version of the HERA CQB, so feeling wise I can say it’s a great CQB gun. Shooting wise the AEG will just be another M4🤷🏼‍♂️

Hera arms is made by ICS so gearbox will be top quality. Might benefit from a bucking, but that’s what I’d go for. 

Cool, thanks gents, consensus seems to be the Hera Arms, which is top of my list, will snap it up!

Friend of mine brought one to the game today...nice looking gun, but I did point out to him noticeable wobble between the upper & lower receiver.  Maybe just one off as another one I looked at in a shop felt solid.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lokai said:

I've got my eye on three guns, the Hera Arms CQR, ICS CXP APE and 2018 Scorpion Evo A1. I'm leaning towards the CQR purely from the looks, internally I presume it's the same as the ICS? Always fancied an Evo but means I need all new mags.

The Evo , it’s the current clitoris gun .

the Ape , looks like the mutant offspring of an M4 AND said clitoris gun !

the CQR may just be another M4 in a costume , but it’s a cracking different looking costume ! 👍

so I know which I’d go for .😉

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The Evo , it’s the current clitoris gun .

the Ape , looks like the mutant offspring of an M4 AND said clitoris gun !

the CQR may just be another M4 in a costume , but it’s a cracking different looking costume ! 👍

so I know which I’d go for .😉

I own an ICS Ape in tan and must say I hate how it looks, lots of people comment on how nice it looks though so.......

It is a very comfortable gun to use and just sits right in the hand and shoulder. Performs ok stock.

Evo looks wise is meh not horrible just bland. Everything works really well and they are great but I hate using them as something always niggles me.

CQR haven't held one but looks fucking ugly. Isn't it just an ICS CXP with stupid looking parts and an ASG logo on it?

• Supporters
10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I own an ICS Ape in tan and must say I hate how it looks, lots of people comment on how nice it looks though so.......

It is a very comfortable gun to use and just sits right in the hand and shoulder. Performs ok stock.

Evo looks wise is meh not horrible just bland. Everything works really well and they are great but I hate using them as something always niggles me.

CQR haven't held one but looks fucking ugly. Isn't it just an ICS CXP with stupid looking parts and an ASG logo on it?

Yup totally agree with you , I have an ICS G33 and it also looks weird as hell but ergonomically it’s a very good gun to use I find it’s one of those intuitive guns when you use it , it ‘just points and shoots’ where you want with out a lot of thinking about it , it just does it . 

I know everyone raves about them but Evo’s just leave me cold , about the only feeling they do instigate is dislike .

Cant argue not exactly an ‘Ascetically pleasing’ gun but it’s different , and when you come down to it a lot of guns on the market it’s the looks that are the decider ?   

IIRC you can pick up the foregrip and stock separately from the gun itself, and can stick them on other ARs - if you want the looks but not the underlying gun.

Always found it funny how successful the look is in Airsoft - IIRC it only exists to get around specific firearms laws in the US, maybe California - most real-steel people over there hate it!

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

IIRC you can pick up the foregrip and stock separately from the gun itself, and can stick them on other ARs - if you want the looks but not the underlying gun.

Always found it funny how successful the look is in Airsoft - IIRC it only exists to get around specific firearms laws in the US, maybe California - most real-steel people over there hate it!

Interesting, didn't know that about the real steel. 

Ive actually been using the grip on my MCX :

IMG_20190319_172315.jpg

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Nope, you’ve got the HERA ass about face bud.

Real Steel HERA stock doesn’t fit AEG’s, and the Cali specific HERA stock is a no thumb-hole version.

The get around for most of the rest of the US is rifle stocks not allowed but pistols are, which is where all the wrist rest stocks come from.

Just to add; the AEG version of the stock is produced from the HERA design files but not made by HERA themselves.

And as Rocketdogbert says, the RS version won't fit an AEG. For a start there's nowhere to fit the motor.

But you can stick the RS HERA stock on an MWS GBBR which is hubba-hubba love you long time... :lol:

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope, you’ve got the HERA ass about face bud.

Real Steel HERA stock doesn’t fit AEG’s, and the Cali specific HERA stock is a no thumb-hole version.

The get around for most of the rest of the US is rifle stocks not allowed but pistols are, which is where all the wrist rest stocks come from.

I think you've misunderstood - I didn't mean to say that the RS stock/etc was directly applicable to an AEG, but that you can get the airsoft version of the stock and foregrip separately from the RIF itself - I'm sure I've seen the foregrip being sold separately for £25 or so  - Thus, no specific need to get the full pricey RIF if you just like the look.

E: Having said that I'm having trouble finding the airsoft stock sold individually, just the foregrip.

4 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Having said that I'm having trouble finding the airsoft stock sold individually, just the foregrip

Yep, front grip has been available for a couple of years, just a picatinny mount, Airsoft or RS, either.

As @Immortal said, stock is AEG specific, and not available.

Front rail, flash hider and receivers are all custom HERA/ARES as well, not available yet

I can vouch for the CQR too, owned an ICS for years and it's rock solid. Split gearbox makes them stupid easy to work on too. As mentioned before some can suffer from a bit of upper/lower receiver wobble, but nothing that can't be fixed with a few strips of electrical tape strategically placed between the upper/lower. Love that foregrip too.  

• 1 month later...

Soooo after taking all your advice on board i got drunk the other night and ordered something completely different......... 

IMG_20190603_184416.jpg

IMG_20190603_184409.jpg

IMG_20190603_184643.jpg

IMG_20190603_184435.jpg

IMG_20190603_172255.jpg

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Soooo after taking all your advice on board i got drunk the other night and ordered something completely different......... 

Aahh yes pissed shopping roulette, got a 1 in 7 chance of ‘WTF !’ 🤣🤣

8E02E2D9-F59E-4750-B8DD-E00983CDA3AA.jpeg

Lol trust me I have waaaaay too much experience of pissed shopping, god knows how I'm still married 😛

Archived