Airsoft Island Battle Royale

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Would you go?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go?

• Yes
    • No

Hey all,

So this is happening, let me know your thoughts.

https://www.hushhush.com/battle-royale-event-gamemaker/

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

It was only a matter of time 🙄

I want to know where the hit sensing body armour will come from.

x100 units, that is will be very costly

• Supporters

The phrase ‘utter bollox’ comes to mind ?

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The phrase ‘utter bollox’ comes to mind ?

The website is utter crap and I don't think anyone spends over $100m on a yacht by adding it to a cart lol

The holding company is based in Islington, London and have a portfolio of a few online marketplaces with a similar template.

I really don't know what to say. Publicity stunt?

• Supporters

Further to my ‘utter bollox’ comment after looking at HushHush I’m even more convinced it a load of bollox’s ! Seeing as it only been going for about 2mths !

AND they’ve listed a house in India for a couple of billion dollars ! 🤦‍♂️

Just looks like a honey trap for data mining... it'll never happen.

Just like the email saying I'd been left a billion dollars from a long lost Nigerian Albanian Uncle. Money never turned up... :lol:

• Supporters

Cryptically titled thread on it over here (we immediately thought of you):

Same comments as there: Fyre some BBs Festival.

Cash money up front if you're tempted to get involved in any capacity beyond pointing and laughing.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Cryptically titled thread on it over here (we immediately thought of you):

Same comments as there: Fyre some BBs Festival.

Cash money up front if you're tempted to get involved in any capacity beyond pointing and laughing.

I’m flattered 😂

I must have made quite the impression haha.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

I’m flattered 😂

Don’t be , this lot are impressed if you can eat a meal with a knife and fork and not stab your self with them ! 😳

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

People are just gonna camp bushes or some foliage all day long due to the money at stake.

Sounds perfect for me then, love a bit of bushlurking even when i aint getting paid :P

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Sounds perfect for me then, love a bit of bushlurking doggingeven when i aint getting laid  :P

Fixed that for you mate 😜

My prediction on the other thread that this is a load of publicity bollocks remains.

They now have some functionality on the website, for example the links actually go somewhere.

My alternative option is that it’s all a fraudulent chancer (looking at the range of sites they have)

I’m not convinced that a ‘high end client’ appoints a dodgy website to manage procuring an island, raise a job vacancy for an ‘experienced event designer’, and ultimately sell the tickets etc

• Supporters

Having had a look at the link, & then digging deeper, I've come to the conclusion that this is the biggest bunch of Horseshit that for once doesn't appear to be the brainchild of SethK (or is it 😏).

in fact hush hush was only formed in January, & aren't even showing on the list tenants yet.

I'm guessing if they're relying on bollocks like this to pay the rent, they may not get their name over the door.

IMG_4296.JPG

Just now, Tackle said:

Having had a look at the link, & then digging deeper, I've come to the conclusion that this is the biggest bunch of Horseshit that for once doesn't appear to be the brainchild of SethK (or is it 😏).

in fact hush hush was only formed in January, & aren't even showing on the list tenants yet.

I'm guessing if they're relying on bollocks like this to pay the rent, they may not get their name over the door.

IMG_4296.JPG

Same here, they took me around the houses (shout out to Michael Bazzell) but I figured out what's going on.

It seems that it's being run by a relative of a guy who does this kind of thing and has made £xxM+ from other ventures.

As the owner of Hush Hush is based in Monaco, maaaaaaaaybe some high net worth guy on a whim has said sure if you can do it I'll pay.

Considering they are asking for a game maker and not an events company, odd, I shall wait to see what reply they provide to applicants.

• Supporters

Ahh but saying you live in Monaco does not necessarily mean you have access to the rich and famous ,  friend of mine lived there for 8yrs but did he have access to said rich people ? Well sort of , he was a plumber and he unblocked some very posh toilets ! 

So ya post code means jack shit ! 👍

23 hours ago, Seth_K said:

It seems that it's being run by a relative of a guy who does this kind of thing and has made £xxM+ from other ventures.

I used to know a guy who came out with crap like this, along with referring to someone as "a millionaire on paper" - to me, if you can't lay your hands on £1m in cash easily then you're not a millionaire, and I've known a few genuine ones over the years.

This guy was a dreamer too, ran a local business - mostly into the ground.  Ended up owing a lot of quite dangerous people a lot of money, including a full patch MCC (those of a certain age might understand the reference).

I believe that he wasn't too bad when he got out of hospital, the first time at least.

Essentially he was a dreamer and bullshitter too.  To refer to him as a "Del Boy" type would be to massively overstate his business acumen.  People like that either end up blaming all their failures on other people (never themselves, oh no!) or finding their home in marketing, and we all know Bill Hicks' advice for anyone working in marketing.

If this ever gets beyond cloud cuckoo land and towards a scheduled event with a location then I'll stock up on popcorn and sit back to watch the disorganised shitshow that it'll turn into - just like Fyre Festival.

And breathe 🤣 (anyone would think I have no time for bullshitters!)

• Supporters
On 15/04/2019 at 23:25, Druid799 said:

Ahh but saying you live in Monaco does not necessarily mean you

... live in Monaco.  It's not like Companies House checks.

Well, congratulations on his move from Waltham Cross, I guess.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08780522/officers

Archived