Doubt buster - Krytac Vector vs ASG Scorpion Evo 18

Sharpe_95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All,

Looking for personal opinions and/or informed opinions from those that have used these systems.

I already own a TM hk416, but i am thinking about a second system for fun (no practical need for anything), if anything I am looking to indulge my inner child with a gun that looks good and is not seen very often - a certain 'wow factor'.

Choice is:

- Krytac Kriss Vector Ltd Edition

- Scorpion Evo 18 carbine

- Scorpion Evo 18

^ Possibly all modded to have an M4 stock.

I understand the Scorpion is likely to be the better performer in range/accuracy and trigger response, and that the vector is hands down for rate of fire (although this is not important as I play on a single shot site).

I am a little worried by the evos battery space, not just in terms of size but also (particually) by how hard it is to access easily, even in the carbine. 

I think the vector looks different and a little more interesting than the scorpion, and I want something that is going to raise eyebrows for being a bit different. I think here, the Vector wins, especially as I understand the evo is 'everywhere' at the minute. 

Mag wise, it's six to one and half a dozen of the other. The vector mags hold 95rnds the evo only 75, but it seems really hard to find pouches for the vector where as I have heard the scopions can fit in M4 pouchs (which would be good as I already have double m4 mags on my webbing for my 416).

So everyone, help me out here. Personal opinions, informed opinions from users, other ideas - let em rip.

Help a guy out :)

- Sharpe

• Supporters

They are both very common.

The Evo performs better in almost everyway. Trigger on the Krytac is awful.

They both suffer from quality issues, evo actually seems to be getting worse.

You can get mag pouches that will suit both easy enough.

Just buy which ever one you prefer as neither are great options at the moment.

I quite like the look of the new kwa ronin, kind of a hybrid between the vector and a m4, as for performance and specs I have no idea other than what’s written in the description, seems the longer version has recoil and the short doesn’t but don’t hold me to that. 

Long

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/106-04500-kwa-aeg3-tk-45-aeg3-6mm-10-inch-m-lok

Short

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/104-04500-kwa-aeg2-5-tk-45c-aeg-6mm-6-inch-key-mod

if the choice is between the vector and the scorpion, I’d personally go for the scorpion if it’s something not so seen on the field I’d definitely go and look at the kwa 

30 minutes ago, ProPain87 said:

I quite like the look of the new kwa ronin, kind of a hybrid between the vector and a m4, as for performance and specs I have no idea other than what’s written in the description, seems the longer version has recoil and the short doesn’t but don’t hold me to that. 

Long

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/106-04500-kwa-aeg3-tk-45-aeg3-6mm-10-inch-m-lok

Short

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/104-04500-kwa-aeg2-5-tk-45c-aeg-6mm-6-inch-key-mod

if the choice is between the vector and the scorpion, I’d personally go for the scorpion if it’s something not so seen on the field I’d definitely go and look at the kwa 

Pretty much spot on long one EBB short one has adjustable FPS trough a tension screw in the back which is great for the UK we can tone it down to UK legal without cracking the gear box.

Between the vector and evo unless you have uddles of money the Evo is so much cheaper and that extra money for the vector doesn't buy you more features or performance. I see your concerned about battery space in the evo while it's a pain to fit the space in the vector is much tighter but likely need to buy new batteries from both of them to fit in their grip/hand guard. 

I tried the evo and vector before I got the vector, but I had a tough time deciding. The evo had a much better trigger as already stated but performance to me seemed very similar (only fired it in shop shooting range, and I've not had huge experience as only got back into airsoft 6 months ago) but the vector did have higher rof but as you've said that isn't important if only using single shot. What sold the vector for me were it's ergonomics, mag capacity and it's feel, it felt sturdier and better made to me. I had no intention of getting a vector, I personally aren't all that bothered about the spacegun looks and I was intending to get a Krytac PDW or an evo but I made the mistake of holding the vector and it just felt ergonically fantastic. Ergonomics and feel are subjective though so, if you can, see and feel them in the flesh. I had a look at the limited edition vector and it's great but I wanted one for CQB so went standard and used what I'd save on extra mags. As for mag pouches I use P90/MP5/UMP pouches which are easy enough to find.

Those KWAs sound awesome, wish I knew about them before as they would have been contenders. As would the VFC MP7 AEG had it been out.

On 14/04/2019 at 16:35, Sharpe_95 said:

if anything I am looking to indulge my inner child with a gun that looks good and is not seen very often - a certain 'wow factor'.

On 14/04/2019 at 16:35, Sharpe_95 said:

(I play on a single shot site).

So everyone, help me out here. Personal opinions, informed opinions from users, other ideas - let em rip.

Help a guy out :)

- Sharpe

I don't know if your into Gas guns, but if your looking for;

- Gets attention

- Fun

- Wow

- Rarer

Get a TM MP7, it is an absolute joy to shoot, all the controls are crisp, it's rock solid, the trigger and reset is perfection, the noise and kick are incredible and it shoots damn well as a bonus!

Im assuming you want another gun for a completely different experience, in controls and familiarity etc, not another M4.

Ive just got myself a lifelong want - MP5 PDW, metal with SEF grip, going to pimp it internally, so childishly excited! Love the 80s look!

I have a vector, whereas my mate went for the scorpion. A lot of our experience echos the above. I prefer the trigger on his scorpion and the three round burst fire (over the vectors 2 round), but then the vector feels a great deal sturdier to handle and, in my subjective opinion, looks much better. 

Battery compartment is tiny on both, but the vector’s is easier to access. 

As as far as performance on the field goes, there’s not a great deal to choose between the rifles. Having said that, my vector came with the mock defiance suppressor and associated extended barrel so is a better performer than the stock vector with its short CQB friendly barrel. I see you’re looking at the special edition which also has the extended barrel I think? If it’s the one I’m thinking of, then the extended hand guard didn’t do it for me visually, I can get all my accessories on the shorter rails of the standard edition, and the performance is no better so I didn’t consider it worth spending the extra money. 

If you like modding and or upgrading, I suggest you steer clear of the vector. Finding aftermarket parts for it is neither particularly easy nor cheap. This may sound like a negative but for me it is actually a positive. The gun is good enough as it is stock, and the difficulty and expense of finding modding parts acts as a good deterrent for me to not want to change it. 

Regarding the wow factor, the vector wins hands down here. People regularly comment on and ask about the vector and ask to have a go etc, the scorpion does not receive the same attention.

In summary, as far as a tool for playing the sport with goes, the scorpion is probably the better value rifle. you get similar performance in terms of accuracy and range with a better trigger response for a more reasonable price.

If aesthetics and feel are important to you, budget is not a particular concern, and the appearance of the vector is to your taste, then it’s worth the extra money to get what you want. I heart my vector and would not swap it for the scorpion. 

n.b. I got some vector specific mag pouches from Ali express in the end. I had read, as others have posted, that the mags fit in ump/mp7 pouches, but I wanted something that I knew would work. They were tricky to track down but it wasn’t impossible and they are excellent. 

I own both a vector and scorpion, bought them at the same time.

The Vector was a silly buy, I wanted one as they looked the nuts, so ugly they are beautiful. It feels "right" when I hold it, but a few guys on here do not like the ergonomics of it and say its hard to hold/use but for me it feels easy to use. I looks better than the Evo for sure and most other things to be honest. Mags are ok but a pain to find pouches (I ended up with a purpose built rig as at the time not a lot of options) this may be sorted now but you seem to think its still an issue. SMG Mag inserts may solve this but you would need to do some digging into this.

Shoots straight and pretty far from the box, I wouldnt open it up and mess around until something went wrong or needed adjusting. Your talking about an M4 stock on it though and think this would look awful. Overall a very good performing gun, head turning looks (always get compliments and people wanting to hold it) but expensive for what it is. In hindsight I should have put the money towards something else...

The Evo, now this is my fave gun. I cant really say why though. Its a smallish size which I love, looks different to MP5s and M4s which seem to be everywhere and has enough rails to customise it. M4 stock again I wouldnt bother, however if you want to bare in mind the adaptor you need to make this work is £60 plus the cost of the stock. Personally I think this is a rip off but yet to find an alternative. 

Performance is up there with everything I own, straight and far with decent groupings, I do not feel outgunned and only out ranged by DMRs and Snipers. The one thing which is a pain in the arse is the selector switch. Being on both sides its TOO easy to flick it to safe. Bettery is also an issue, is a little snug and a pain to change, but once its in it lasts me a day normally.

Mags do indeed fit in M4 pouches and hi cap is a godsend (I hate mids and loads of mags) although I do need another for longer games in woodland. Get the Evo bag for it too as its such a cheap option for carrying and storage and plenty of space for other things in it too.

Carbine vs short is down to looks, personally the carbine looks awful in my opinion.

If I had the choice again over each one I would pick the Evo again no questions asked, its a nice compact gun, shoots great, had no issues (yet) feels good and has lots of options for extras and attachments or upgrades. A lot cheaper too overall

On 16/04/2019 at 22:31, Davegolf said:

I don't know if your into Gas guns, but if your looking for;

- Gets attention

- Fun

- Wow

- Rarer

Get a TM MP7, it is an absolute joy to shoot, all the controls are crisp, it's rock solid, the trigger and reset is perfection, the noise and kick are incredible and it shoots damn well as a bonus!

Totally agree, got one for CQB and LOVE the little beast, have to carry a lot of heavy ass mags though which is a pain for me as I like travelling light but other than that GREAT thing. Havent used it outdoors yet so do not know how it compares to the Evo yet though.

I’ve owned loads of Vectors, and only one EVO, the factory HPA model.

Vector wins hands down. It looks better (because it’s so fugly) and ergonomics are loads better. After that, if you want to fiddle, do so, but imho, everything else in airsoft is just tweaking to make you feel good (I’ve done it loads)

Here are some of mine (EVO at the end where it belongs)

3DFD016E-CD3D-4EB0-940E-F678685A76E6.thumb.jpeg.b3309ca91dc1175f778ccf34548107ed.jpeg57295BA0-102A-4784-A725-2737385D0BEF.thumb.jpeg.288f0681b0877289ba215720b430ef22.jpeg6E38C2DE-D372-4A68-8018-DE7CDB384997.thumb.jpeg.fc3a59beab3dd967615a65a0c57df211.jpeg750A3A3A-5898-4F84-BED8-2791FD8A326F.thumb.jpeg.46cad005580da15a398a8534f53821a8.jpeg434A4913-3D41-46CD-A90F-4BBED4304C9F.thumb.jpeg.01af8e333e02489f133def2654ab2c84.jpeg15262C8A-2416-444D-939E-80DCBF67A569.thumb.jpeg.1266723c00c10abe8fcbf792981dc389.jpeg0B93B16D-A37B-4F99-AC44-A4F21046D02C.thumb.jpeg.0947421fed6369613dbbfdff99db6199.jpegCF0EC381-9B82-4C19-80A1-3D478A0F5DBC.thumb.jpeg.a44aea6f2ee441833c628e64d5272bfc.jpeg230D4DF6-A616-4393-86BC-54538A69C6F0.thumb.jpeg.d94d139152ea42db4abdaae4da239837.jpegEEC8BDDF-AE1C-4DE8-9B9C-3A2FCF08982F.thumb.jpeg.b02d2e74569491d33be2e7c60a81ffda.jpeg4E0E9EAF-4A11-4823-B977-9D952B903FD9.thumb.jpeg.5b5789e07f711faa49299f9d0df48f96.jpeg8E851D95-D385-4063-902A-E1AFBB9E431E.thumb.jpeg.f43f35df91465dada26b2dee758b0136.jpeg9F209B8C-F467-4FE9-8944-D42C2119C69A.thumb.jpeg.fff521f06d1a4676f0ce856522da3fb7.jpeg67D1E8FE-9842-40B9-8990-D5435F4DC266.thumb.jpeg.d8a38344267518c31d7216bc1bb44fbf.jpeg3EE9D911-3EF1-404A-BED9-310310257CC3.thumb.jpeg.c5a916a8d84382fb810da411986d8c45.jpeg7DE39508-465B-469D-98EA-F510857CA3DB.thumb.jpeg.bd5dd29c7b7affcc35c8d3088be56de6.jpeg

F78D2ACE-830C-4269-894E-9F3EBAC9EFEA.thumb.jpeg.fd5dd8e02b0e7bf665983e812c2138f9.jpeg

@rocketdogbert you clearly have some kind of appendage fetish and you also appear to have a Vector infestation... Maybe the Vectors are actually holding you captive!?

Maybe you can find a way to communicate with us that you're in need of help without getting laced up by one of your captives.

Heinous creations, don't show them weakness!

I have a vector. I love it.
I had the same conundrum - Evo or Vector. Until I shot them.
The evo has no soul. It's good, but does not put a smile on my face.
Whereas, most of the time when I'm using the Vector, I'm grinning like en eejit.
It's like it was built for me, its ergonomics are that perfect for me. (Unlike the TM MP7 recommended by @Davegolf, which is only for people with small hands!)
It's perfect for CQB - effortless to transition between left and right handed use.
Awesome for woodland too- I currently run mine as a pistol, with a drum mag and it's soooooo much fun! 😄 
But here's a question - why are you after the extraordinarily expensive Ltd edition? - It makes the comparison from a financial point of view even less even - which would automatically lend most people to lean toward the evo anyway, irrespective of most other factors.
At the end of the day, buy the one that's gonna give you the biggest lulz 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all the input. 

In the end I went for the Ltd edition krytac vector with a prometheous tightbore barrel and seal.

Used it for the first time at Red Alert in Newbury on Saturday and really enjoyed it.

Weather conditions were bad (windy) so i can't speak too much for range/accuracy but I will have another chance to test it against my TM416 this weekend. 

I'll let you know what they are like compared to eachother performance wise. One this for sure tho, the Vector is a real BB muncher - FPS was silly high. Thankfully I mostly play on a single shot site. 

- Sharpe. 

I'd be very interested in an update regarding those mods as I'm thinking of going down that route, I just have the standard version so it won't obviously reflect what you're getting for the limited edition but yeah keep us informed!

(plus a direct comparison with the TM416 would be nice, I picked one up last week 😉)

2 hours ago, Too0ld said:

I'd be very interested in an update regarding those mods as I'm thinking of going down that route, I just have the standard version so it won't obviously reflect what you're getting for the limited edition but yeah keep us informed!

(plus a direct comparison with the TM416 would be nice, I picked one up last week 😉)

Will sort it out this weekend - will post observations here. 

- Sharpe. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Sharpe / anyone else who’s reading

Just wondering where you got to in the end with your mods. I’m considering swapping back to a shorter barrel for CQB play (want to fit a tracer) and am interested in upgrading to a tightbore barrel in the process. Assuming you kept the OEM krytac hop-up unit, what bucking did you use to pair it with the Prometheus barrel? 

Archived