Abbey silicone grease

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I use Superlube teflon grease to lube the slides on my two WE G17s - metal to metal contact re. the slide and the metal inserts in the frame. I also put a bit of Superlube on the top of the outer barrel breech block to facilitate the smooth backward movement of the slide.

So far I haven't had to do much to my TM plastic pistols, but one of them now needs a good clean and relube. Please tell me if my assumptions below are correct.

Because the slide is plastic and the rails it runs on are metal, I can use silicone grease, because it is fine for metal to plastic contact. It is also better to use than silicone oil, because it will stay in place longer. Similarly putting a bit of silicone grease on the outer barrel breech block which rubs against the underside of the slide be fine because this is plastic to plastic lubrication. In short plastic to plastic and plastic to metal require silicone grease.

I'm only asking about silicone grease for  lubing the slide. I will of course use silicone oil on O rings, blowback units, magazine valves,  etc. 

I believe you're pretty spot on with your assumptions. I've always adhered to the same practises and they haven't failed me yet.

Also, Abbey states this on the product page of their website. https://www.abbeysupply.com/gun-cleaning-products/Abbey_Silicone_Gun_Grease1.html

Archived