WE M16A3 Hop up

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi guys,

I've had a WE M16A3 since around February and after getting over all the little maintenance issues, I love it. Range is unbelievable considering the hop up doesn't work at all, but the accuracy beyond about 15 meters is less than desirable, it improved a lot when I got some heavy ammo but it's still worse than my site's AEGs for hire. Hitting people at range is a gamble and it's loud too, so if I'm in a good spot I daren't shoot 'cos I'll just miss and give myself away.

Sooo... I've ordered a Stinger Hop up unit from the US and am currently waiting for it to arrive.

I figured making the hop up work is the best solution for accuracy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've bought it now, so here I am asking for help lol.

My question to you all is, how on earth, do I take the old hop unit out to replace it with the new one? I can't find a single website, forum or email address that I can consult to find out what I need to know and I can't even intuitively figure it out by studying the gun's inner workings.

I know a shop I can probably send it to but I'm not 100% sure they know what they're doing any better than me. So if possible I'd rather do it myself for free.

Also, can anyone suggest any other ways to increase accuracy beside changing the hop up?

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

Thanks for the wiki link, I think I ought to be able to figure it out from there.

As for the tightbore, the rifle comes with a 6.03 as standard, I know most AEGs are 6.05 as standard, but I figured compared to that, I've already got a tightbore.

Still, thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking the same thing myself, just need to hunt down a 6.01mm now... Wish me luck lol.

Does anyone know the exact barrel length of the WE M16? It'll help me narrow the search a fair bit I imagine.

Archived