Loading the night before? / midcaps , opinions please

Enid_Puceflange
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 hours ago, Kimbie said:

Me and friends normally load everything the night before with chinese and some beer :)

Never done any harm, just after game day dont store them loaded

Do your guns fire alcoholic bean sprouts? 

I never do because it takes literally like 5 minutes to load them all up at the start of the game day. Can do it while having a chat before the safety brief.

Also I'm paranoid about stuff breaking and I've heard it can weaken the spring too. May be total myth, but as it's so low effort to fill the mags in the morning that I just do it then to be 100% safe.

• Supporters

I remember this urban legend doing the rounds when I first got in to the game around '06, in fact it was accepted as gospel on forums by absolutely everyone without any dissenters.  It's possible that midcaps at the time had different type/lower quality springs, or maybe the myth stemmed from hi-caps as I've no idea whether it's a good idea to leave those wound for a long period in storage (no need to so I wouldn't see a reason to do that anyway).  The thing I find somewhat funny is this myth also extends in to the military, not just at an individual but organisational level even though the reality is the same.  I've got a G2 PMAG loaded with 30 dummy 556 and a Lancer mag also loaded with the same, both been fully loaded for years, springs in both are still absolutely hench.

On 18/04/2019 at 12:07, Kimbie said:

Me and friends normally load everything the night before with chinese and some beer :)

Never done any harm, just after game day dont store them loaded

this sounds goood 

Archived