Loading the night before? / midcaps , opinions please

Enid_Puceflange
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Please don’t flame, I did search but can’t find an answer...........

So the question is,

i have heard that most folk load up their midcap (or low cap) mags the night before game day

I might be wrong, hence the asking

But doesn’t loading your mag and having the spring compressed slowly weaken it?

i have slowly broken my mags in by loading 10 rnds, then emptying

loading 20 rnds, then emptying  , loading 30rnds , then emptying etc etc

I was just thinking , that having them loaded to capacity for a while would eventually weaken the spring, or am I worrying about nothing really?

whats your opinion or right or wrong

cheers

Personally I don’t, after all it takes maybe 5 mins to load up half a dozen mags?? 

It may not be an issue if it’s just over night but I don’t really see any benefit to it personally. 

The reason I am asking is that I am waiting on an Odin style loader arriving and it bloody hasn’t come in time for game day tomorrow

So all I have left is a 130 rnd speed loader

and at 4 bb’s per pump , it gets crampy loading up 5 midcaps first thing on game day 🤦🏻‍♂️

I tend to load my midcaps the night before. Unless the springs are subjected to a substantial temperature change whilst compressed. Any short term compression will make no difference 

5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I tend to load my midcaps the night before. Unless the springs are subjected to a substantial temperature change whilst compressed. Any short term compression will make no difference 

Was the kind of answer I was hopeful of getting, it was my gut feeling 👍

Cheers

• Supporters

Eh?  Get up 2 minute earlier and do it on site.

It's no more onerous than the reloading that you'll be doing multiple times during the day.

46 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Eh?  Get up 2 minute earlier and do it on site.

It's no more onerous than the reloading that you'll be doing multiple times during the day.

And this was the answer I expected 🙄😉

I tend to do mine the night before but I'll also put the magazines into my mag pouches so I can just throw my carrier on. It's one less thing to do once I arrive on site and (although I aim to be there with plenty of time to spare) it doesn't always happen... you have to love unannounced roadworks and Sunday drivers making a day early appearance.

I get to site with ample time to prepare for the first game, have a coffee, have a little nose around at what other people are using. To be honest the idea of loading before I get to the site never came to mind until other people mentioned it. I really don't see the point unless you're someone who's always late or just on time. I do organise my gear the night before so I can just grab and go in the morning

I prefer to load mine up before the game and write peoples names on each BB as it goes in with a short prayer... :lol:

(TBH I find before a game there's always a lot of waiting and more than enough time to load up mags...

...perhaps just the sites I play?)

I suppose my question was a bit open ended..........

I was really more looking for opinion on having the mag loaded for a period of time and how it would/could remove “springyness” from the loading spring

rounding up all of the answers, loading the night before won’t make much of a difference , I don’t intend to leave them loaded up in storage between game days 👍

love to all, thanks for the reply’s 👍

• Supporters

Despite the grumpiness above, night before is probably fine.  I've accidentally left mags loaded for weeks, and they still feed fine.

(Just remembered I've got some shotgun shells still loaded from months ago).

• Supporters

My TM recoil mags are frequently left loaded for wks on end , and most of them have to be a good 10yrs old and are still working fine and I’ve never opened any of them up to do any ‘maintenance’ on them  .👍

Yeah I always load all mine the night before. Batteries in guns too. So literally all I have to do is turn up and put my kit on and I'm good to go. Though I normally have about 30 or so mags X) I have a varying number of midcap MP5, M4, VSR, AK, MP7, shotgun shells, Glock, 1911 and P226 mags that need filling 😛 if I just had 6 M4 midcaps to fill I'd probably do it on the morning. 

I like to take too many guns and use whatever takes my fancy for each game x3

• Supporters

So, this one time, at airsoft camp (yesterday), I sent my team-and-work-mate out with an empty G36C because I was fitting so many batteries and filling mags and grenades in the morning that I'd just completely blanked on loading those mags. 😢

I'm going to start doing them the night before. ;)

• Supporters

OR buy an Odin and the appropriate adapters for your mag ?

do that and you could load for the whole safezone before they even call the safety briefing ! 😂😂

I never know how much space I will get at some safezones, nor what the weather will be like and I am usually distracted by whatever has decided not to work at that moment that the least I have to prep' on site the better, so I generally load up and set up my belt/PC order the day before...much to the unhidden chagrin of my wife...

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

do that and you could load for the whole safezone before they even call the safety briefing ! 😂😂

Hard to argue with that, although i still tend to pre-load even then.

All my guns are modded so loading the mags the night before is one less thing to worry about when each of them inevitably breaks each in their own interesting and pita way

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:33, Druid799 said:

Ordered a couple of weeks ago 

And it arrived last night , not in time for sundays game though LOL

Me and friends normally load everything the night before with chinese and some beer :)

Never done any harm, just after game day dont store them loaded

Archived