0.69g Ceramic BBs

Kastrioti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, wasn't sure where to put this post but does anyone know where I can get some 0.69g Ceramic BBs in the UK? Obviously these would not be for in game use but I'm just curious to see how they compare to 0.45g plastic and to use them for target shooting. 

Thanks in advance.

• Head Moderator

Google is your friend, although no easy results for ceramic BB

https://airlab.parts/products/bb-bastard-66g-cnc-precision-pearls-8-rounds

Did see this US advert for bio 0.69g BB

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/products/0-69g-deathzone-40-count-white-bio-bbs

Yeah I did a search before posting here but wanted specifically UK retailers but somehow I missed the first link you posted. 

They're a bit expensive but thanks and hopefully someone else knows where I can get them cheaper, though I don't suppose they'll be *much* cheaper

My only worry with steel BBs is if they'll scratch my barrel or may be too heavy but since they're seemingly cheaper than ceramics they may be worth trying. 

I'm planning on using my srs with a r-hop patch and a m170 for target shooting but might need to get a heavier piston to squeeze out more energy at higher BB weights. Especially with the steel BBs I don't think a tight-bore would be a good idea for this set-up, but idk if the stock barrel is brass (more likely) or steel.

Also curious to know how smooth steel BBs are compared to ceramic and even plastic ones at that. 

Any material stronger/tougher than the barrels material will wear or scratch.

Steel BBs in the airgun world are normally coated to avoid this (like Crosman Copperheads for example...)

Archived