Green Gas, what to buy?

Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
On 13/04/2019 at 16:03, Marauder211 said:

I know they make their own AEGs, i nearly bought one (instead i got a Classic Army as it was more available that the CM16 Raider 2.0 or the ASG M15). I've had better luck with their BBs than i did the Ares BBs.

As E21A said no they don’t , EVERYTHING they sell they buy in from 3rd party manufacturers, and it’ll be at the cheapest price they can get it at , so there’s absolutely no guarantee on what the quality will be like either . 

Fair enough, i don't plan on buying ASG guns anyways, i have my eyes on a KWA Tavore SAR. But i will be buying a can of Colman's for my pistols. Would it be advisable to use Abbey 35 on the mag's fill nozzle or is it too heavy? I will use it for cleaning and lubing the slide for sure.

45 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

Fair enough, i don't plan on buying ASG guns anyways, i have my eyes on a KWA Tavore SAR. But i will be buying a can of Colman's for my pistols. Would it be advisable to use Abbey 35 on the mag's fill nozzle or is it too heavy? I will use it for cleaning and lubing the slide for sure.

I have a KWA Tavor gbb, drop me a PM if you want any advice

rdb

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

I have a KWA Tavor gbb, drop me a PM if you want any advice

rdb

I will definitely keep that in mind. I bought my first pistol (g&g gpm92) and i'm excited to use it.

I've decided that i'm going to go down the propane route. I will buy the Airsoft Innovations adapter as well. So i have to ask, since the consistency is apparently better than green gas, i take it that propane doesn't make the mags go cold too quickly?

Depends how quickly you shoot. It’s still going to chill the mags. The temperature drop comes from the propane turning from a liquid to a gas. The reasons to use propane is there’s no crap in it, it’s cheaper and it seems to work a little better in the cold. I wonder if there’s more pressure in those thick rothmans cans than green gas cans, which seem to be made of tin foil

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Depends how quickly you shoot. It’s still going to chill the mags. The temperature drop comes from the propane turning from a liquid to a gas. The reasons to use propane is there’s no crap in it, it’s cheaper and it seems to work a little better in the cold. I wonder if there’s more pressure in those thick rothmans cans than green gas cans, which seem to be made of tin foil

That clears that up. Thank you, dude :)

And i think anybody starting with GBB guns (non CO2) should read this post, there has been a lot that i've learned from this thread.

On 20/04/2019 at 22:46, Marauder211 said:

I've decided that i'm going to go down the propane route. I will buy the Airsoft Innovations adapter as well. So i have to ask, since the consistency is apparently better than green gas, i take it that propane doesn't make the mags go cold too quickly?

It'll still chill. Called the latent heat of vapourisation. Having your mags and gas warm helps a bit (store inside rather than in a cold shed before game day) 

On 22/04/2019 at 11:32, _stylian_ said:

It'll still chill. Called the latent heat of vapourisation. Having your mags and gas warm helps a bit (store inside rather than in a cold shed before game day) 

That's a good idea, now all i have to worry about is if the mags i get for this gun work (proprietary mags for the GPM92)

• 3 weeks later...

now somewhat of a newbie to gas guns, would abbey ultra gas be fine to run in a KSG, and if not, what gas would be recommended?

14 hours ago, K-Pop_Fan_4Life said:

now somewhat of a newbie to gas guns, would abbey ultra gas be fine to run in a KSG, and if not, what gas would be recommended?

Is a noob i am running pure propane, i put a but of abbey 35 into the port and that's it. 

Archived