“Exfog antifog system” anyone tried it?

doa88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all

As a prescription glasses wearer, I’ve been to foggy goggle hell plenty of times. Whilst browsing in patrol base today I spotted this..

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/exfog-antifog-system-t-band

it looks a bit naff, and I’m not sure how comfortable it would be having the pipes sticking into the sides of the goggles, but if it works I would buy it. Anyone have the system or have any experience of it? 

Nice one slamz, do you wear prescription glasses under the Bolle x800 goggles too?

• Supporters

At that price I’d expect an asylum seeker trotting along next to me gently mopping my brow with a damp cloth ! 

Freely admit I sweat like a pig in a synagogue and I wear inserts in my glasses as well , so after yrs of trying all and sundry ways to solve the conundrum that is fogging I’ve settled on revision anti fog wipes , and in between each game give my glasses a ‘top up’ wipe . 

Yes I do still get a bit of fogging if I go static mid exertion BUT it’s never loosing vision bad AND as soon as I start moving again it clears immediately .

• Moderators

few other topics on this, please use the search tool

https://airsoft-forums.uk/search/?q=exfog

Personally i'm sticking to my revisions, no foam and Fogtech wipes, like all solutions mentioned, some work with some players, some have no luck, some have never experienced the fog of war! :lol:, ive suffered both with my many versions of eye pro and solutions to wipe on wipe off... :)

• 10 months later...

Hey there, 

I took the leap. I wear prescription glasses underneath my goggles and fogged up like a MF. 

Short answer to the question of functionality: yes, they do work. 
Are they 90£ worth of anti fogging goodness.. Hmmm, I played for 4 hours straight at the mill in Wigan and they fogged up once whilst stationary. However, not as much as my goggles used to fog up and it was to the point where I could see and my red dot was a lil blurry. 

So if like me and others on the thread: you wear glasses under goggles and you’ve simply had enough of fog and walking back to the safe zone (and got 90£ burning a hole in your dump pouch) then yea they’re worth it. 

I was sceptical, yet proven wrong. Overall good product and just by the skin of its teeth worth the investment. 

If anyone wants to see the set up I’ve got and how I use them just let me know. 

Ron 

• 1 year later...

I'm a sweaty heavy breather 😯 and suffered badly from fog, both on my goggles and my glasses underneath them, and today was the first game I played with an ExFog mounted on my helmet. Yes, the ExFog itself and the pouch I bought for it weren't cheap, but their positive effect just lifted my day to a whole new level.

It was a mixed outdoor / indoor CQB site and I had zero fog, I never had to worry about it once. I turned it off in a break between games to see what happened, the fog slowly crept back, and with it back on it was gone after a few seconds. I used it the whole day, with it only off for lunch, so a full charged lasted at least 5 1/2 hours (it was still running fine, on the highest setting all day).

I routed the tubing as best I could, with velcro straps holding it it, however one side was pulled out by brambles I was sneaking through which was the only negative things about something I'm so glad I've bought.

• 3 weeks later...

I made up a DIY version- printer type fan and battery box that takes aa's from eBay. Works well, but when mounted on a helmet, you can hear it I tend to switch it on if fogging starts, then off when not needed. I'll post some photos and links to the bits when I get home. Total cost about £10, the most expensive but was a velcro helmet battery box to put it in..

• Supporters

Yup, cheap and effective, a few of us have gone with that.

One of these, in either 5V or 12V depending what you want to run it off, and how fast you want it to spin: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283565508178

Any bit of tubing.  A blob of hot-melt glue to seal the tubing in the outlet, a switch if you're fancy, battery, find some way of getting the tube into your eyepro, and away you go. 

5 hours ago, Les said:

I made up a DIY version- printer type fan and battery box that takes aa's from eBay. Works well, but when mounted on a helmet, you can hear it I tend to switch it on if fogging starts, then off when not needed. I'll post some photos and links to the bits when I get home. Total cost about £10, the most expensive but was a velcro helmet battery box to put it in..

Interested in seeing photos of your design.

I have considered making one but need some design inspiration.

Hi, photos attached- just as described above really, small AA battery holder with switch, wired to the fan, glued two tubes which go to your goggles ( just make a small hole in the rubber each side and Push the tube in. The black fabric section is a holder for batteries for night vision or counterweight I think- again eBay or Amazon for a few quid...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.