Sniper rifle, I need your help

Slamz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I'm looking to get a sniper rifle, I've tried a friend's and it's something I enjoy but I'm at a crossroads with what to buy. 

Option 1 is to buy an Ares Striker AS01 or AS02 (maybe even a broken one) and spend a few hundred quid on upgrades to get it up to par (either HPA or keeping it spring)

Option 2 is to just go and buy a Silverback SRS 16" Covert and use it as is.

Now, is the srs good enough in standard form range and accuracy wise? I prefer the look of the srs, because bullpup, but I also like the idea of upgrading an AS02 because I like messing with things!

All opinions welcome, budget is around £500 as you can probably tell from the above, so if anything better is available, please let me know.

P.S I don't want anything from Novritsch so no need to suggest it.

SRS or VSR, only have experience with VSR platform personally so can't say anything about the SRS. The VSR is very light and has the most upgrades available out there, but requires more work than the SRS. Only thing SRS doesn't have is the VSR style buckings (which are amazing), though I've heard theres a hop unit in the works that will accept a VSR bucking?

AS02 cylinder volume is too small and can barely get you to 500fps. SRS has the largest cylinder diameter and VSR isnt too far behind.

9 minutes ago, WackyIraqi said:

I am curious what made you say no to novritsch ..I don’t disagree with you I just want to know your reasoning.

I want to try and keep this thread from becoming a Novritsch argument, but simply put, customer service and quality control issues. 

Just now, Slamz said:

I want to try and keep this thread from becoming a Novritsch argument, but simply put, customer service and quality control issues. 

And I don’t like it being pushed down my throat every time I look at a YouTube video :) but I agree :) 

SRS or VSR if you don't want to go down the SSG route.

The Silverback's I have seen at sites put the fear of bejeezus up me and my team.

TM VSR G Spec

300-350mm 6.03 EG barrel

Barrel support rings

SDiK HPA kit

PDI Whold bucking

Weighted stock

0.4+ BBs

90M effective range

Much farther total range

Mouse fart quiet

Super lightweight

Lighter bolt pull

Apologies forgot youll want a PDI or Airsoft Pro etc hop unit

17 hours ago, Davegolf said:

TM VSR G Spec

300-350mm 6.03 EG barrel

Barrel support rings

SDiK HPA kit

PDI Whold bucking

Weighted stock

0.4+ BBs

90M effective range

Much farther total range

Mouse fart quiet

Super lightweight

Lighter bolt pull

Apologies forgot youll want a PDI or Airsoft Pro etc hop unit

I think this is a very viable option, but is it worth me buying a TM VSR10, or should I save £100ish and get a JG BAR10?

Upto you, I can see peoples thoughts when upgrading a gun...

"why buy a TM when im going to take most of the parts out and fit upgraded parts instead, may as well buy a cheap one and put parts into that"

What isn't appreciated is that theres more to the famous 'TM Magic' than just parts, a very large player in why TMs shoot so well is that all the parts line up perfectly, so regardless of upgrading or not you still need the accurately aligned 'chassis' to build from ;)

I also advise the G spec because you only want a short barrel, and the silencer really does work too.

If you want proven no ball ache results that setup works very well.

Go for the SRS if you want a springer.

AS02 if you want a HPA build.

Forget the 01, too much hassle to make it work properly and you'll end up with a more expensive, gimped version of the 02.

Archived