Hello from Christchurch, Dorset!

trooper2216
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello! I'm Jonathan and it's good to have found these forums. I've had a read through the guides before posting here and I've learned a ton and I hope I've some awareness of the board etiquette here.

I've been keen to get into airsoft for quite some time now though have played only once so far - back in July last year! I'm 45 and have a young family which (joyfully) takes up most of my weekend time and I kind of needed the little ones not being quite so dependent before I'd feel a little less guilty about not spending every minute with them. I mean, they're not needy or anything but I do love spending time with my kids. But my wife and I are at a good time in life where daddy (me) can spend some time out to pursue something for myself. Why airsoft? Many reasons. It'll get me outside where I like to be, it'll get me some exercise, it's complete escapism to recharge from work (which is fairly pressured) and it's an excuse to buy toys. 

Last year's game at Ground Zero Airsoft near Ringwood was everything I'd hoped it to be. When I got there, there were probably about 150 people all properly kitted out leaving me wondering what I'd gotten myself into, but there was a clear sense of camaraderie and no question of welcoming newbies like me. I'm heading back there next week for the Saturday game in what I hope will be the start of fairly frequent games, though if I get a game a month I'll be doing well. I'm going to be better kitted out this time than last year's jeans and t shirt and no hydration other than the water I kept in the car, but not overboard on equipment just yet. Decent boots, camo legwear, t shirt, eye protection and lower face mesh guard will do me just fine for now and I'll get a gun in a couple of months. I've narrowed my choice down to a G&G CM16 Raider though in the meantime I'll be happy enough hiring a gun from Ground Zero. Not Ground Zero's full face mask, though. It did a good job of keeping my face intact but that thing was like a sauna in last year's July heat.

Thanks all!

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Archived