So it's nearly a thing...

Grey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is this going to be aired on tv? 'This would be awesome' was my first thought, swiftly devoured by 'this is a disaster that will ruin airsoft as we know it', swiftly repeated again in the tune of that REM song. If it's on tv then surely somehow...somehow they will turn it into shipwrecked or love Island or I'm a celebrity get me out of here 🤮. Maybe not, if the people are paying good money to enter then they won't want the TV geniuses to ruin their game. But then maybe the TV fuckwits will make celebrity versions and their own silly hunger games versions. In which case expect our sites to be booked out nationwide with the masses of sheep who live to be someone else because they never spent more than 10 minutes of their lives thinking for themselves. I could happily go on but I've satisfied myself enough already and I may have gone slightly off topic at some point near the start. 

... Or maybe it won't be on tv 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Why don't they just use the military stuff for hit detection like MILES?

MILES work of laser hits not physical contact , so off to laser tag you go ! 🤦‍♂️😉

Ugh, I just clicked on a link to a Daily Fail article, I feel so dirty now 🤢

17 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

MILES work of laser hits not physical contact , so off to laser tag you go ! 🤦‍♂️😉

It's fancy laser tag, but you deffo know when you are hit so there is no cheating. Imagine playing airsoft when there is £100k at stake, how many people would not take their hits?

Call me a cynic ...... but this is a an ‘article’ about a ‘job advert’ ...... or as I read it a publicity stunt getting free advertising for a website

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/technology/would-buy-95-million-private-island-online-amazon-millionaires/amp/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/8312050/get-paid-75k-year-road-testing-supercars-yachts/amp/

Aaron Harpin sounds very much like a self publicist, very similar to Justin Toohig the self publicist who makes up job adverts to gain free advertising for his websites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11322099/Paintball-tester-advert-attracts-10000-applications.html

There is of course a far easier method to play competitive Battle Royale / Hunger Games and to know whether people have been hit

Ive run it

• Supporters

Very true bud , but MILES gear works of sensors on a set of straps worn on the body and helmet and the laser unit attached to your gun has quite a wide spread beam so the sensors can pick a ‘hit’ up , to record a bb hit your entire kit would need to be reactive , don’t see how that’s possible .

There is a way.. it’s called paintball and they can keep it 

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Aaron Harpin sounds very much like a self publicist

Random aside, but I've never known an Aaron or an Aarons who wasn't a shyster.

And yes, this reads like a fantasy plan by a huckster who has got his meedja luvvie chums to run a non-story in the hope that mad money will flood in from some easy marks and make it happen. Or not happen, just as long as the magical money tree gets a shake.

... Seth_K is going to be raging that he didn't think of it first. :D

6 minutes ago, WackyIraqi said:

He drives an Uber now .. gave him four stars ️ 

You lost me, sorry.....

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Seth_K is going to be raging that he didn't think of it first. :D

lol, I thought the same thing, got Seth written all over it 😜

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Random aside, but I've never known an Aaron or an Aarons who wasn't a shyster.

And yes, this reads like a fantasy plan by a huckster who has got his meedja luvvie chums to run a non-story in the hope that mad money will flood in from some easy marks and make it happen. Or not happen, just as long as the magical money tree gets a shake.

... Seth_K is going to be raging that he didn't think of it first. :D

Well Aaron can't afford a web designer to create a site that works.

Perhaps he is Seth

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Well Aaron can't afford a web designer to create a site that works.

Perhaps he is Seth

Ouch, you're not kidding.  No names, no company number, their claimed address is a "shared space", and their phone number is shared with dozens - nay hundreds - of generic scam-tat vendors.  Would you like some Lorum Ipsum with your luxury yacht?

Speaking of which, they do seem to have a lot of yachts and aircraft... uh... "for sale", for a company with £10 share value, started on 25 January 2019 by a chap with zero other appointments, ever.

<shut-up-and-take-my-money.png>

49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ouch, you're not kidding.  No names, no company number, their claimed address is a "shared space", and their phone number is shared with dozens - nay hundreds - of generic scam-tat vendors.  Would you like some Lorum Ipsum with your luxury yacht?

Speaking of which, they do seem to have a lot of yachts and aircraft... uh... "for sale", for a company with £10 share value, started on 25 January 2019 by a chap with zero other appointments, ever.

<shut-up-and-take-my-money,png>

Free crappy website

Free Daily Mail advertising 

Plenty of people out there with much more money than sense

If ‘Aaron’ had a braincell and applied it then he could actually make some money

From a business POV £1,500pd is top design agency money. If its such an important project you'd want professional input and a team from the agency who help bring the vision to life.

On the face of it...good idea and probably people who will see this as exciting and want to participate but hiring a single designer for £45k doesn't sound sensible and possibly taken from the Fyre Festival business plan 🙃

Nothing to do with me. 

Nice to know you’re all thinking of me 😏

If it’s legit, which I doubt, I’ll stick my nose in for sure.

Archived