NV

bully78
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

22 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

I've had the opposite experience, I found NVG very useful at Milsims at night games, great for navigation and ID'ing targets. However, I've moved onto helmet mounted thermal which really helps

I'd agree with this - I own a set of nods which are fantastic for navigating at pace & ID'ing players at a fairly close range, however thermal is something else, unbelievable target identification at much longer ranges & can use to navigate just as effectively.

As always comes down to personal preference & whether you're willing to commit a decent amount for cash for where you may only get out to a limited number of events.

As with everything, I would recommend having go of somebody elses kit to see whether it works for you or not.

For me, Thermal all day long, you should only need the kit which comes in box, whereas NV usually requires additional pieces of kit - Mounts / IR etc. etc.

Archived