Cambridge airsoft newbie

Oscar
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey

I live in Cambridge and am brand new to airsoft. Would really like to find some airsoft buds as my mates are useless. 

Cheers 

Oscar 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Moderators

Welcome :)

Few of us on here play within the local area, some not on the forum as much but still attend game days

6 hours ago, klein said:

Welcome, I live in Sawston

Hi there! We've got a few players in the local area, @Markuz is one - we currently play at RIFT - The Village, SWAS RAF Wyton, and have plans to visit Team Green over at Tuddenham at some point too.

I've got a few more sites on my list in the local area too so if you're ever heading to these let me know. I know a bunch of our team are heading to Wyton this Sunday if you're free - just shout "Howay" and one of them will respond 👍

On 08/04/2019 at 21:18, Oscar said:

Hey

I live in Cambridge and am brand new to airsoft. Would really like to find some airsoft buds as my mates are useless. 

Cheers 

Oscar 

Just realised I didn't quote OP :) see my post above mate!

23 hours ago, djben9 said:

@AndyDynamic im planning on next sunday hopefully :)

see :)

Awesome mate :) I'll be camping in Wales that weekend but enjoy! The site is getting more players all the time and the guys are adding quite a bit to the layout. They're very open to suggestions too with it being a young site.

19 hours ago, Oscar said:

@AndyDynamic @djben9 @klein

Hey guys, its so cool that there's possible team mates near by. I'm very much looking forward to playing some games in the future.

Cheers

Oscar   

No worries :) we're in proper airsoft season now so I'll try and remember to post on here when we're planning our next games

21 hours ago, djben9 said:

@Oscar so have you played anywhere??

Not played a proper game yet. 

We did the whole, run around the woods with £5 BB guns from the local car boot when younger. 

But I'm very much looking forward to my first proper game. 

Oscar 

10 hours ago, djben9 said:

Anywhere planned?

When i was 17 i used to watch good old flanker tanker on youtube, his videos at urban assault got me excited to play there. I want to try out all the local sites, Tuddenham ect 

Do you have any recommendations? 

Oscar 

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

G

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Oscar said:

When i was 17 i used to watch good old flanker tanker on youtube, his videos at urban assault got me excited to play there. I want to try out all the local sites, Tuddenham ect 

Do you have any recommendations? 

Oscar 

All good sites, 

I play at them when I can, only issues with UA is there is more cheating there than most sites I’ve played as it’s quite big. Marshall’s are good though and try to cut it out with no hit takers but I still go and try not to let it bother me, just play my own game  :)

19 minutes ago, djben9 said:

All good sites, 

I play at them when I can, only issues with UA is there is more cheating there than most sites I’ve played as it’s quite big. Marshall’s are good though and try to cut it out with no hit takers but I still go and try not to let it bother me, just play my own game  :)

Boooooo to not calling hits, no point playing if you don't call hits. Will have a look and see what's happening Sunday the 28th. Hopefully it will be my first proper game. 

I don't suppose you've heard of any places running games during the week, i usually work weekends.

Cheers 

Oscar    

• Moderators

not that im aware of around here. I think the Gaol did at one point, but never been

On 16/04/2019 at 08:57, djben9 said:

not that im aware of around here. I think the Gaol did at one point, but never been

Oh sweet, i will have to check them out. Hoping to get to Tuddenham on the 28th if i can sort a lift out. 

Cheers

Oscar

Hi all just look through this thread 

Welcome to the sport👍🏻 I am huntingdon and will be at tuddenham 28th  with my lad it's a great site but better all the players there are spot on all ways had great sportsmanship and good games feel free to shout us out. 

Matt  

On 19/04/2019 at 22:46, Matt3905 said:

Hi all just look through this thread 

Welcome to the sport👍🏻 I am huntingdon and will be at tuddenham 28th  with my lad it's a great site but better all the players there are spot on all ways had great sportsmanship and good games feel free to shout us out. 

Matt  

Now going Saturday 27th 

4 hours ago, Matt3905 said:

Now going Saturday 27th 

I'm still planning on Sunday. I'm sure they'll be plenty of other times to say hi or shoot each other in the back 😋

Cheers

Oscar  

Archived