[Idle Pondering] GBB Colt M733

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

So just thought I'd throw this one out there. Recently I've been contemplating pursuing the idea of getting a Colt M733 (thank you Heat!) and while I'm aware of the AEG offerings by G&P, Tokyo Marui and a couple other manufacturers my brain wandered to the idea of a GBB version (I blame @Wo1f and his excellent thread on the TM MWS).

I wanted to know the viability of this project given parts currently available on the airsoft market. The most logical base, at least at first glance, seems to be the WE XM177 (if you can find it) but given the reputation attached the Tokyo Marui MWS line I was wondering if it could also act as a contender for an effective base.

Any help and input would be appreciated, it would be at least a month before I could start putting it into action but the typical M4/AR/416 doesn't really inspire me.

I do apologie😂. You can get the stock and everything for the mws, but there’s no fixed carry handle upper receiver to my knowledge. The we XM177 was what came to mind too. Seems like the easiest way of doing things without making custom receiver parts. 

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Would be pretty awesome to machine an integrated carry handle into an MWS

I’m sensing a project and the A team music

@Wo1f I've done some more digging and, it looks like I'd be importing the XM177. Beyond changing the flash hider over I can't really see any other required changes. I'm not sure if you're trained eye can spot any other differences? Any idea on upgrades or changes to parts which would be needed on the WE? Do you know what they're like in relation to performance and reliability?

@Davegolf If/when I pursue this basing it of an MWS would be the preferred option but the initial stumbling block (the receiver) is a bit of a big one.

I suppose it comes down to how much action it's likely to get, are you planning it as a wall hanger or actually gaming a lot with it?

If the latter id go MWS for sure, but obv also depends on your budget and wether your shooting performance needs are high.

I intend to put it to use if/when I go for it. I'm not a fan of wall decoration/clutter.

I'm definitely going to do some more research and digging but given my project goals I'll probably end up going for the WE.

On 08/04/2019 at 18:18, FreeFrag.UK said:

WE XM177

The Colt M733 looks more like the XM177 E2 than the E1 (handguard and delta ring slightly different). Also worth noting the shell ejecter has the deflector missing on the XM177 E1& E2 upper... and the forward assist button is a diferent shape.

44 minutes ago, Immortal said:

The Colt M733 looks more like the XM177 E2 than the E1 (handguard and delta ring slightly different). Also worth noting the shell ejecter has the deflector missing on the XM177 E1& E2 upper... and the forward assist button is a diferent shape.

That's why I used an A2 upper . It is worth noting that the m733 is a transitional model though and there were various uppers and even barrel diameters as they moved forward so there are some M733 models with A1 uppers 

Archived