Recommend me something that isn’t a M4 or AK

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have £250-£300 to spend on a new rifle (maybe abit more if it’s something nice) and I’m wanting something new, non of that M4 or AK stuff, I want something with good performance and decent range as I mainly play woodland

What guns would you be able to recommend me? Preferably a AEG and no shotguns and Snipers. 

Well something I've been wanting to buy is an LCT VSS Vintorez.

I have no experience with them but I want one like a crackhead needing a fix.

Next on my list would be an AUG of sorts - no idea which model or brand as that's a bridge I'll cross when it comes to it.

• Supporters

depends, do you want light and handy or big and heavy?

in the light and handy you have your mp5's vectors etc

in the big and heavy there's fal's, dragonuv's, g3's, scar h's, sr25 etc

or you could go regular assault rifle like the 805 bren or one of the bullpups (f2000, tavor, famas, type 97 etc)

bearing in mind if you go for something that takes stanag mags then you'll at least save some pennies there.

and that's not to mention support guns.

Yeah support guns is one I’ve been looking at not going to lie, suppressive fire just seems fun.

but also bullpups look nice, you got any specifics

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

depends, do you want light and handy or big and heavy?

in the light and handy you have your mp5's vectors etc

in the big and heavy there's fal's, dragonuv's, g3's, scar h's, sr25 etc

or you could go regular assault rifle like the 805 bren or one of the bullpups (f2000, tavor, famas, type 97 etc)

bearing in mind if you go for something that takes stanag mags then you'll at least save some pennies there.

and that's not to mention support guns.

you can reccomend for my price range? 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

Yeah support guns is one I’ve been looking at not going to lie, suppressive fire just seems fun.

but also bullpups look nice, you got any specifics

you can reccomend for my price range? 

your price range is pretty decent, i'd have a look at what you fancy and see. can't say specifically i'm just chucking some options out there that aren't ak/m4 although i wouldn't be surprised if most are close enough to your budget.

Stick with something that takes M4 mags. 

ICS L85 for 290, Great externals with some solid internals. 

Umarex ARX160, mine hasnt missed a beat, very lightweight, get the Elite version for 240. Gearbox is solid and comes with a high torque motor as standard. 

6 minutes ago, E21A said:

ARP9 is an M4 variant 

It uses an AR style receiver but I wouldn't call it an M4 variant. The AR-9 was a ground up 9mm build, if you want to go to real counterparts.

It's all up to the OP to interpret though, I hate M4's but thought the ARP9 was different enough to purchase. If he feels it's 'too M4' for him then refer to my first recommendation 

Indeed it's an AR Pistol; a tactical pistol.

iirc it's original reason to be produced was to meet the lower price of pistol rounds for the average hobby shooter when the price of rifle ammo was getting to expensive to shoot. Probably gets around certain State laws too being a pistol and not a carbine/rifle.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Stick with something that takes M4 mags. 

ICS L85 for 290, Great externals with some solid internals. 

Umarex ARX160, mine hasnt missed a beat, very lightweight, get the Elite version for 240. Gearbox is solid and comes with a high torque motor as standard. 

ARX160 has always looked nice to me, might have to have a look

56 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Indeed it's an AR Pistol; a tactical pistol.

iirc it's original reason to be produced was to meet the lower price of pistol rounds for the average hobby shooter when the price of rifle ammo was getting to expensive to shoot. Probably gets around certain State laws too being a pistol and not a carbine/rifle.

Yes some state pistol laws are weird and just take into account length (think it's barrel not overall) as to classify them as a pistol, not a rifle. 

They make ideal home defence weapons apparently, nice and manoeuvrable and lower power rounds than a 5.56, so less chance of penetrating walls!

TM AUG Civilian, TM P90 CYMA M14(you could buy full length and a SOCOM with enough for mags batts and  scope.)

You could pick up a used TM Scar L CQC Recoil at the high end or even new - don't how much you're willing to stretch.

If you've never held one, do before you buy another gun; I mean so ergonomic, light and balanced, upper rail height is awesome for eye pro clearance, full ambi controls, folding stock, M4 mags, bolt lock on empty, stunning performance straight out the box, uber reliable, quality build/fit/finish throughout, genuine upgrade path should you want to.

Use for everything: CQB, field, suppressive. Not tiring to use.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

How about a Sig 552?

G+G and TM make them.

You don't see many of them knocking about.

But ICS make the best one.

Wouldn't recommend them though as internally not many options on upgrades and even less externally.

How about an MP5 lots of choice and reasonable aftermarket support.

• Supporters
On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:11, BigStew said:

CYMA M14(you could buy full length and a SOCOM with enough for mags batts and  scope.)

second that, owned both brands & the cyma comes a very close second, & as stew has said you could have both models with extras for your budget, do it.

React Native_ Do it! Do it now! – Jani Eväkallio – Medium.jpg

Guest VeniVidiVici
On 08/04/2019 at 09:32, Immortal said:

Well something I've been wanting to buy is an LCT VSS Vintorez.

I have no experience with them but I want one like a crackhead needing a fix.

Next on my list would be an AUG of sorts - no idea which model or brand as that's a bridge I'll cross when it comes to it.

I believe JG and Classic Army both make Aug's

Archived