Your One, Absolutely Irreplaceable Airsoft Item?

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Genuine question and hopefully genuine answer...but how did you get into a hobby that you seemingly have so much disdain for??

Outside of answering tech questions, all other posts seem to be about how you hate airsofters, dressing up, buying guns, milsim OR going out your way to 'prod' etc...

As I said, genuine question

Fair question lol.

Got talked into going along to a private game by a friend and had a laugh.

I really enjoy playing but I have never got the military simulation bit that some try and adhere to. I just see it as hide and seek that stings a bit. For me it is all about the game and I personally don't get the dress up. Not that I have a huge problem with those that do as long as they remember the actual game still comes first.

As for hating airsofters nah not really. Although there is a large part of the community I have absolutely nothing in common with I have met some of the best people I know (a couple are even geardos 😱). Met quite a few from here who are great lads but they are generally like me in the fact that having a laugh comes first.

I like working on guns because the tech side can be interesting but hate buying because it is just another disappointing pot metal/plastic let down. At the end of the day regardless of externals they are all much of a same inside and that is where I get interested, dragging performance out of a mundane gun.

10 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

Well, if nobody says stop... 

Hey don't you careful now me for pointing out probable consent

10 hours ago, E21A said:

Sounds like consent to me 🤔

Always hard to understand them with the ball gag in though 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

Parcel tape.  Makes an excellent camo* tape on a gun to break up the shape (and any colour borders on a two tone).  It is also very handy for holding a knackered gun together ;).

Note: * Obviously parcel tape is too shiny to be any use for camo.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Parcel tape.  Makes an excellent camo* tape on a gun to break up the shape (and any colour borders on a two tone).  It is also very handy for holding a knackered gun together.

Note: * Obviously parcel tape is too shiny to be any use for camo.

A thoroughly underrated material, so many uses.

Its like ptfe tape, you can fix anything on an airsoft gun by just stuffing enough ptfe tape into it.

Well, this escalated quickly...

• Supporters

You think you’ve seen bodger’s in airsoft, don’t know how many people here work on cars at all, but some of the things I have seen in/on cars make airsoft techs look like they have a masters.

26 minutes ago, Prisce said:

You think you’ve seen booger’s in airsoft, don’t know how many people here work on cars at all, but some of the things I have seen in/on cars make airsoft techs look like they have a masters.

Seconded. At least airsoft bodgers aren’t life threatening 

14 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Lets just say I put a hell of a lot of airsofters in the same category as the nerdy group that frequent places like games workshop and play trading card games in their 30s.

lol, but seriously i'd take nerds over the dumbass chavs that seem to love airsofting.

but i do get your point, taking things too seriously stops it being fun not only for the one doing it but for the other people they are playing with. yes its a game, and no its nothing like real combat i dont care if you do have tm recoil and that you spent a fortune on a plate carrier to protect you from 6mm plastic balls.

as to the question that was actually asked, no i dont think i got anything that is irreplacable to me. i got some stuff that is no longer in production, but im sure if i looked hard and long enough  i could find it again. having said that im not someone who loses interest in the things i own and unless there is some drastic money problems in my future i can see me still owning most of my guns till i drop dead.........

• Supporters

Parcel tape , the less intimidating substitute for the millennial snowflake generation that’s scared of duck tape !❄️ 🥺❄️

🤣🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Prescription inserts for glasses/contacts

Seconded, without the slightest hesitation.  Hadn't played for a while, partly due to eyesight going downhill (glaucoma/age), got ESS with prescription inserts, sooooo unbelievably much better - now having fun again because I can actually see people to shoot them!!

Every RIF I said I'd never sell, I sold eventually, even the ones I loved , like my TM MK23, Hexagon PPSH-41, TM Breacher, KWA Vz61 (due to fear of eventual expensive failures... Because all airsoft guns break eventually).

At the moment, I can't see me selling my Scorpion Evo or TM G17 Custom (even though I now use a G34).

As for kit, my most valuable item is my ancient Black Bear Airsoft mesh mask. It allows me to play much more aggressively, feeling safe about getting shot in the face. That and my Blackhawk G20 Serpa holster. Love it for quick draws. My KWA speedloader is fairly essential too. So much more robust than the TM version.

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J
On 08/04/2019 at 14:34, Slamz said:

Either my Odin, or the exfog. I struggle with fogging and general condensation, and the exfog has pretty much solved it 

+1 on the exfog, gamechanger for me all being said.

Also my lonex midcaps, take around 200 rounds and feed beautifully. Make game days just pain free!

No, everything has a price or a trade, it's the stuff I regret NOT buying that irks me. Was once offered one of the GBB tech 9/kg9s for £100 and I should have bit his hand off. 

6 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

No, everything has a price or a trade, it's the stuff I regret NOT buying that irks me. Was once offered one of the GBB tech 9/kg9s for £100 and I should have bit his hand off. 

Over the years I could've bought some USMC MOUT T-Camo BDUs, a Tanio Koba VP70 and a PSG-1. I regret not buying all of them..!

Archived