Specna Arms

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had experience with Specna arms G36’s or M4’s? Or any of there guns? 

Havnt seen the the brand before and I’ve just seen them pop up on patrol base with some new RIFs that look very nice and seem to have good internals for a good price. 

Anyone have anything to say to say about them good or bad?

Their 416-a-likes look intriguing for the money tbh.

The M4 series was a cracking bit of kit. We sold over 300 when we selling and never had any come back with a fault. The Core Range had some issues. Prices went up rather too much for my liking but I guess that was the plan. Sell them cheap, get established, up the price. 

I’ve got a mate who’s had nothing but grief with one. Heard a few horror stories, but no personal experience.

My first gun, still the only one that hasn't broken once in 4 years, only re-lubed the gearbox once. got a new barrel and bucking, but that's it. ±3fps consistant shooting. and still my main gun. i would recommend the brand to everyone who wants to start out in airsoft to be honest. 

However, not all praise. a mate's SA 416 had some problems with delivery (arrived broken, literally, rails were broken) and the replacement's gun bolt cover is a bit wonky for him. performance however spot on. 

I currently own the 416c they make and I’ve had no issues with it (not yet anyway). Fairly decent build quality and performance for the price you pay.

I run 2 SA-HO2 416 look alikes and they work fine. Best upgrade is new gearbox parts for better seal and Titan mosfet upgrade.

The new Specna edge guns are about the best value you can get from patrol base as they are already upgraded to better gearbox parts and only £169 how can you go wrong also 2 mags.

My guns had the same range as a customized marui 416 that cost all in £1400. my guns with upgrades around £400 - £450 each.

Buddy just got a m16a3? Iirc will get him to pass judgement on Sunday after game test

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve got a mate who’s had nothing but grief with one. Heard a few horror stories, but no personal experience.

We've all got a "mate that's had nothing but grief" with just about any gun out there. 

They're decent guns with pretty good externals. Some of the gearbox parts are a bit gash but no more so than any other RIF at the same sort of price point. Yes, they have a bajillion different iterations of basically the same thing (eg 416 with long barrel and quad rails, 416 with short barrel and quad rails, ditto Geissele style, ditto Remington style etc etc etc) but they have diversified into G36's and more recently bolt action rifles.

Agreed, but they do seem to have spec issues. It started life standard and died, got upgraded and died. Seems like some parts are off spec to the point it’s damaging the internals. Certainly not an isolated case. Externals are quite nice for the price though. 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Agreed, but they do seem to have spec issues. It started life standard and died, got upgraded and died. Seems like some parts are off spec to the point it’s damaging the internals. Certainly not an isolated case. Externals are quite nice for the price though. 

I've not heard much bad about them. My own has been absolutely faultless from day one, the issues with your mates gun can only really be blamed on poor manufacture up to the point it was "upgraded". I'm sure it's not an isolated case but that doesn't mean they're all awful.

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I've not heard much bad about them. My own has been absolutely faultless from day one, the issues with your mates gun can only really be blamed on poor manufacture up to the point it was "upgraded". I'm sure it's not an isolated case but that doesn't mean they're all awful.

I know. I think most of figuring out airsoft brands is their lemon percentage. The fitment of parts seems to be more important than the quality of them in a mechanical device it seems. I’ve never had an issue with TM guns. They certainly aren’t the best internally or externally, but they’re put together in a first world country who’s entire philosophy seems to be precision. Not by some 8 year old for a bag of rice. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I know. I think most of figuring out airsoft brands is their lemon percentage. The fitment of parts seems to be more important than the quality of them in a mechanical device it seems. I’ve never had an issue with TM guns. They certainly aren’t the best internally or externally, but they’re put together in a first world country who’s entire philosophy seems to be precision. Not by some 8 year old for a bag of rice. 

A 12 year old for 2 bags of rice?

You're right of course and TM have been going a lot longer and let's face it basically invented a lot of the critical parts that make up our toy guns. SA haven't been going long enough to judge in the same realm as TM but then their price point is nowhere near either. The E&C (as in East and Crane) gearboxes have been around for long enough that they should be fine for what they are, depending on which version you get (basic gearbox or "upgraded") so ultimately it's all down to QC. Manufacturing in China certainly isn't as cheap as it once was either so it's a little disingenuous to dismiss them on that basis (worth adding that "first world" just means aligned with the West and has no bearing on the level of development).

I have 1st hand experience of Chinese quality control and it always starts good for 1st batch or so then its all about how can we cut corners and make a little extra profit.

People love their TM,s, so why are they spending a fortune upgrading them!

Specna guns are built to a cost and for that cost are good value though I cannot speak for the core series.

You could buy three Specna,s for the price of a TM!

Id never heard of specna arms, saw one of their 416c pop up for a bargain price and thought it was worth a try.

It's brilliant. Rock solid construction, nothing creaks or wobbles, feels really nice in the hand and like it's well made not like your average Chinese knock off, it performs really well, the quick change spring system is great. Would thoroughly recommend them.

I see they've just released a VSR clone but one that has proper magazines, and only £80. Strongly tempted.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, gasman said:

I have 1st hand experience of Chinese quality control and it always starts good for 1st batch or so then its all about how can we cut corners and make a little extra profit.

A birrion times this.  Remember, we're talking about a country where multiple companies have repeatedly poisoned babies with melamine-adulterated formula just to turn a bit more profit.

They can turn out top notch goods.  You're almost certainly reading this on something Made in China.  The concern is whether you're getting a peach from an initial sample batch, or a lemon from the batch made of melted down Last Jedi merch.

• Head Moderator
On 09/04/2019 at 11:46, Lozart said:

Manufacturing in China certainly isn't as cheap as it once was either so it's a little disingenuous to dismiss them on that basis (worth adding that "first world" just means aligned with the West and has no bearing on the level of development).

True, china is a "second world" country that through long term geopolitical design and industrial espionage/theft has become a power house of manufacturing.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

industrial espionage/theft

Japan had a proud history of that too, post war.  They cloned, but then they improved.  China's more about cloning, then cutting costs.

Another difference is that Japan has inculcated their salarymen with real (or at least effectively enforced) company loyalty.  China is still at the stage where it's all about the money.  There's no real loyalty, or company pride, beyond the next payment - they're admirably cynical.  So again, no real culture of quality or improvement.

Malaysia's hilarious for that.  When their economy started booming, the government took to paying civil servants an annual bonus to try and reduce turnover.  Private companies then followed suit (and we're talking months worth of salary)... typically on the same day as the government.  The result is that a big chunk of the working population collects their "loyalty" bonus, then up sticks and swap jobs the next day. :D

I agree with what you have just said Rogerborg no loyalty and a lack of consistent quality. As I have said many times some Chinese goods are great or start great but they do chase every buck and if that means thinning or using a cheaper material they will do it!

• 6 months later...

I've got a MK 18 Athurian ( pimped up specna ) , great little gun ,absolutely solid metal construction, shoots great out of the box , ( believe it or not shoots better than a Modded TM M16 I owned) ,quick change Spring is awesome,obviously for the purists the balance and finish isn't in the same league as some of the bigger brands  but if you want a good base gun ,something you want to upgrade slowly ,I think it's a good little buy for the money .lots of snobbery in airsoft ,these get bad press from players who haven't even owned one ,have shown my gun  to two local Techs and they've been really surprised by the quality and how well it shoots ,have a couple of honest gripes though ,on semi yes it feels snappy but on auto is wanting a little and the trigger Spring is weak and would suggest changing it up the first chance you can ,change up the bucking too and you won't be disappointed.

Specna seemed to appear out of nowhere and quickly became flavour of the month.

Gunfire has really pushed their products.

I've no idea how good they are but like everything else at the lower end of the market, they will have been built to a price.

I love my specna, it's my go to winter gun when I am going crawling in the mud and don't want to mess up my nice E&L and LCT steel toys.

runs great as an Aeg and the alignment for HPA was a perfect dropin 

It's  not vfc external pretty or wolverine mtw bombproof but I run it and it does not skip a beat

Archived