What sidearms do people use?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So far, I have:
WE G18C with maple leaf/crazy jet internals - used occasionally, but rarely as I don't like Glocks
ASG MK23 upgraded with hadron tdc, fangplate and crazy jet barrel
TM HK45 Tactical - I use this and the above MK23 with tracers for dual wield CQB fun
ASG CZSP01 (x2) - used as dual wield with tracer for CQB
Armourer Works Hi Capa Split slide w/extended mag for CQB

TM MK23 upgraded with same as ASG - used as side arm for Woodland
ASG CZP09
Krytac Vector pistol - used as side arm for woodland
I think that's it, although I'm probably forgetting something...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still trying to find "the one".

What I have tried tho:

We g18c - decent but it broke. New slide was great but hurt efficiency

We p99 - complete failure that didnt even hit the field

Kwc makarov - genuinely good pistol. However, mags suck ass. Real ass. Not salvageable at all. Might design 3d metal ones or even my own makarov.

Tm hk45 - works great. But... I just cant bring myself to use green gas.

Got a sai blu on the way with co2 mags and some mods. Hopefully that will be the end.

5 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Tm hk45 - works great. But... I just cant bring myself to use green gas.

Got a sai blu on the way with co2 mags and some mods. Hopefully that will be the end.

I've not yet come across a co2 mag with the longevity and ease of maintenance (often un-salvageable) as the majority of standard gas mags. If your dislike of green is about carrying gas on you I find the 100ml tins of gunfire smart gas very good. You can fit 2 in an m4 pouch. You can also refill them once empty, or even use empty lighter gas tin if you find the small ones. You will find they break now and again but they are cheap to replace. All you need is a 2-3cm approx tube that fits the diameter up to the shoulder on the filling nozzle. You pop the empty can in the freezer for 20min or so and fill nozzle to nozzle. Your best using a good full can to fill from to get the best result for a good fill. This is why things like the ai gas can and the grenade gas storage cans never took off because people were trying to fill them up in the field and sometimes from half full cans. If you treat them the same they work much better

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the solution to green gas is just carry more mags :P

Also a very valid answer .The hk45 can happily squeeze around a couple of bb fills worth to one gas fill too.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Also a very valid answer .The hk45 can happily squeeze around a couple of bb fills worth to one gas fill too.

i normally carry at least 2 mags and it's rare i'd go through all of that in a fight. normally that only happens when i've managed to empty my primary (which seeing as that's 6 midcaps and a full odin it's quite the acheivement)

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i normally carry at least 2 mags and it's rare i'd go through all of that in a fight. normally that only happens when i've managed to empty my primary (which seeing as that's 6 midcaps and a full odin it's quite the acheivement)

Yea I find those guys in high vis vests don't like to take their hits end up using a whole magazine before they go back to respawn. 🤣

I've recently bought a second hand BLE XAE. Happy with it so far shooting targets in my back garden, going to skirmish it for the first time this weekend & see how it goes.   

long term goal is a TM Hicappa5.1 when i get the budget. Also considering getting an AEP just to carry in the proper winter months as the last thing i want is to pull my pistol in a tight spot and spray gas everywhere instead of BBs. 

• Moderators

TM G17....... still justifying the MK23! 

TM G18c AEP - worked like a charm, though a bit underpowered and with an annoying spring/motor whine. Motor and batteries finally died on it, so getting it converted to lipos currently. Reliable and great outdoor sidearm if you're running an RIF with a MED

WE G18 or 1911 MEU both with Maple leaf hop and crazy jet barrels . Both run on red gas all year round with no issues. 

Archived