What sidearms do people use?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 minutes ago, E21A said:

Youve never run out of ammo? Ever? 

no never, but then i refill my mags whenever the opportunity presents its self, while waiting to respawn or when sitting in ambush etc.

always try to keep tabs on how much ammo you got left.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mimozine said:

no never, but then i refill my mags whenever the opportunity presents its self, while waiting to respawn or when sitting in ambush etc.

always try to keep tabs on how much ammo you got left.....

suppose that would work if you “one of those” that uses a drum mag. 

So my main pistol atm is my TM Hi Capa Gold Match (stock) cracking gun out of the box no need to tinker with it yet brought to upgrade myself but have yet to do anything as its just awesome stock. 

But I also have 

TM MK23 with maple leaf hop rubber and crazy jet barrel 

TM Glock 18c x 2 one stock one slightly upgraded 

TM Glock 26 Stock 

I have five pistols but have not yet run any of them:

WE G17 gen3 - waiting for my Maple Leaf barrel and hop up to arrive from Emperion

WE G17 gen4 - wish I had bought another gen3

Three additional WE G series mags, making a total of five - one in the gun and four on the belt

TM Hicap 5.1 and two additional mags

TM M9A1 and one additional mag

TM P226 E2 and one additional mag.

I intend to run the WE G17 gen3 with a night evolution torch and the four extra mags. As backup I will have the Gen 4 in my gun case in case the gen3 goes down.

I may run two pistols - not as in a pistol in each hand, but the TM 5.1 as additional backup with two extra mags - giving me a total of eight mags.

Given the number of enclosed spaces at the Mill cqb site, I think these might serve me better than a carbine.

Having fallen twice in only four games, I think running a pistol might help me to keep my balance better. I might be better able to see where my feet are going. And aiming with a pistol is easier than aiming with a rifle. Keep it in front of your chest, extend your arms and fire. Obviously, at my age I will not be able to take full advantage of the pistol since I have to move slowly and cautiously.

If Wolf or anybody else who has visited Level2 Airsoft can tell me if this site lends itself to pistol primary as well as the Mill does, I would be grateful.

Pistol primaries work well in Level 2 and a lot of people run them. I’d say the mp7 or the P90 are the best CQB weapons for cqb though if you think about it. 

Max possible engagement on the site is around 25meters, but the majority is sub 15m. Level 2 is essentially the same as the mill but better in every way. Much more time and effort has gone into it and it shows with the layout and the finish of the place. I do wish all of these places weren’t us so many stairs though😂

• Supporters
4 hours ago, mimozine said:

no never been in a space too confined to use my rifle, but then i only play in woodland. i'm guessing your either a cqb player or really fat?

i play light, one aeg, with drum mag or two hight caps mag-clipped together. one emergengcy mag in pocket, one small bag of ammo in pocket. dont need anything else. (except maybe a cig for when im sat waiting for action)

no mainly woodland but would love to see you trying to use a rifle in some of the bunkers buildings at my home site ,some of the spaces are tighter than a penguins shitter , on more than one occasion I’ve got the drop on someone because they couldn’t get there long in to play properly .😉

Different play style , I detest drums and high caps , but reals are just silly so I use mids my self .

But as the old saying goes ‘what ever floats ya boat !’ 

42 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Pistol primaries work well in Level 2 and a lot of people run them. I’d say the mp7 or the P90 are the best CQB weapons for cqb though if you think about it. 

Max possible engagement on the site is around 25meters, but the majority is sub 15m. Level 2 is essentially the same as the mill but better in every way. Much more time and effort has gone into it and it shows with the layout and the finish of the place. I do wish all of these places weren’t us so many stairs though😂

Thanks Wolf.

Sounds like the way to go.

I have come around to the MP7, but it would have to wait. I don't have the funds at the moment, and am without UKARA anyway.

Which MP7 would you suggest: aeg or gbbr? The little TM AEG would probably be the most practical for me, but I do like the look of the full size VFC.

• Supporters

Currently use: TM BioHazard ALBERT W Model 01P Pistol - Basically a TM M9A1 in tarted up Resident Evil logos and Engravings. Shoots as expected of a TM, straight, far, crisp snappy kick back and gas efficient.

Previously used and now spare: TM M92FS - This was a work horse, i fell on it, rolled in mud with it, used in hot, cold, wet and windy weather. Had to replace the slide once after i cracked the sights off due to falling on concrete during game, but internals are all the same and stock, always shot straight and true. As a bonus its mags also work in the ALBERT W Model.

Wall Piece - TM Glock 34 - Was bought to go with a Kryptek Typhon grey/black loadout for CQB, fitted with a GunsModify SAI slide, RMR Sights, RS Streamlight TLR1-HR, loads of gold blingy bits to go with the SAI Gold/Black colour scheme and also a Guarder lower that has been stippled. I dont know how nice and straight it shoots but i can assume it does as the internals (apart from the Blowback unit) are all stock TM.

Previously owned guns either sold or in the case of one of them given away (trust me, you didn't want it, it was shit!)

TM MK23 SOCOM - Bought on whim, got all the bells and whistles, DTD Holster, TDC hop etc, never used or skirmished, but it shot damned straight though as TM as always. Would have kept it but couldn't justify it

Armourer Works DS2011 SAI - Lovely looking gun, had the black/gold bling to go with my HPA'd SAI M4, just what i was looking for right! WRONG! I bought this originally to replace my ageing TM M92FS mentioned above, big mistake. Performance, accuracy and range was shocking, shots were going all sorts of directions with hardly any range despite adjusting the hop, meanwhile my older, battle worn TM M92FS was shooting straight like a dream. I used the AW DS2011 for about an hour before ditching it and going back to my TM M92FS. Sold it shortly afterwards.

KSC M93R - I had two of these, planned to use them to dual wield and i did, well made, nice tight tolerances, mags that never leaked, average range and grouping. Cons, HEAVY, no holsters available other than crappy universal ones. Very picky about BBs, they either had to be absolutely f**king perfect (good brands like G&G and ASG Blasters were not good enough) or Japanese spec BBs which are slightly smaller. Oh and Gas hungry, sold them as well.

WE M9 Samurai Edge - My first pistol when i started airsoft (oh back in the days), my mate told me "dont get WE, they're shit, get TM pistols instead". I wanted an RE themed pistol and a Samurai Edge from Kendo's Gun Shop in Raccoon City was what i wanted. Except the TM version was like £160 and the WE one was £120, no brainer right, i should have spent the extra £40 and gotten the TM. Nope, like an idiot i bought the WE one. Range - RUBBISH, Grouping - RUBBISH, hop up - RUBBISH and propriety, Quality of parts - RUBBISH, Recoil - Ok but i didn't know better, then i got and TM and then the WEs recoil got demoted to - RUBBISH, Gas Mags - RUBBISH, CO2 Mags - RUBBISH. Im sure you can see a trend about this gun, yeah it was plain GARBAGE! I hated it so much that i gave it away, yeah just like that, gave it away, it wasnt worth my time even making a classified ad to sell. I gave it to a mate and he has it now and i dont care. Thankfully though i now do have an RE theme'd M9 but its the ALBERT W model made by Blue Umbrella, not Kendo :(.

On another note I am of course now aware that TM do the TM Hi Capa Gold Match which would match in colour my HPA'd SAI M4.

I went to a shop and handled the Gold Match, nice gun and i am sure shoots dead straight, but by then i was used to the weight of the TM M9 which are heavier (as TM added weight in the grips) and my muscle memory was more attuned to the controls and handling of M9s.

Because of the grief caused to me by AW and especially WE I created this lovely "how to choose an airsoft pistol" diagram:

1031132560_Pistolselection.thumb.PNG.f7309162040e40038488fd09d2e4f94e.PNG

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I’d say the mp7 or the P90 are the best CQB weapons for cqb though if you think about it.

MP5K master race.

I say that, but my £55 Army Armament R17 (presumably R for Grock) is actually more fun for CQB.

25 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks Wolf.

Sounds like the way to go.

I have come around to the MP7, but it would have to wait. I don't have the funds at the moment, and am without UKARA anyway.

Which MP7 would you suggest: aeg or gbbr? The little TM AEG would probably be the most practical for me, but I do like the look of the full size VFC.

Personally I’d go for the TM gbbr. The AEP’s are something like 220 FPS, which is fine if you can hose people down with it, but in a semi only environment, I’d question if you could feel it in the heat of the moment. 

There is in my opinion only 2 choices. The Tm gbbr or the new VFC AEG. For the  price of the VFC I could get the TM and a few mags too, and if you can run a pistol only loadout with 25 round mags, you should have no issue running 40 round Tm mags. 

The good thing about the mp7 and probably even more so the p90 is it’s actually a much lover profile than a pistol. To engage with a pistol you have your arms out stretched plus the 6” of pistol. With the mp7 or p90 you’re arms are in, close to your body giving you a more stable shooting experience and lower perceived weight because you’re not holding it out at arms length. You can get in closer to walls or behind other obstacles better too whilst still in the ready position.

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

MP5K master race.

I say that, but my £55 Army Armament R17 (presumably R for Grock) is actually more fun for CQB.

Or the mp5k pdw.. just sold one of those too.

9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Personally I’d go for the TM gbbr. The AEP’s are something like 220 FPS, which is fine if you can hose people down with it, but in a semi only environment, I’d question if you could feel it in the heat of the moment. 

There is in my opinion only 2 choices. The Tm gbbr or the new VFC AEG. For the  price of the VFC I could get the TM and a few mags too, and if you can run a pistol only loadout with 25 round mags, you should have no issue running 40 round Tm mags. 

The good thing about the mp7 and probably even more so the p90 is it’s actually a much lover profile than a pistol. To engage with a pistol you have your arms out stretched plus the 6” of pistol. With the mp7 or p90 you’re arms are in, close to your body giving you a more stable shooting experience and lower perceived weight because you’re not holding it out at arms length. You can get in closer to walls or behind other obstacles better too whilst still in the ready position.

I take your point. I've just done a bit of research and the gbbr does look a better gun. Not ridiculously expensive either. 

I also feel more comfortable doing routine maintenance on gbbs than on aegs. I'm happier with mechanical things than electrical ones.

But for somebody like me who keeps falling over, I wonder how long that TM ABS shell would last.😁

I use a TM usp full size lately, I’ve also got a tm usp compact , hk45 , m&p 9 , g18c all gbb, also got the tm g18c aep , probably tell I’ve got a fetish for tm pistols !

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

To engage with a pistol you have your arms out stretched plus the 6” of pistol

To brace against the recoil? ;)

You can hold an airsoft pistol right in front of your face, and I often do.  That said, I do actually agree that's the natural position for a PDW style SMG, and they do work very well in that role.

And before anyone calls thread derailment, you can run an MP7 or MP5K as a holstered side-arm.  In a semi auto CQB site, I'd agree that the gas versions are awesome, but as a sniper secondary in woodland, having a fully auto 300fps+ sidearm with a 100 round magazine can be pretty effective.

@Rogerborg everyone knows Tm gbb pistols kick like a .50AE..

ive only ever tried that once and it felt too unnatural for me that it was easier to get into a position where I could shoot ‘normally’.

i have my mp7 in a TMC holster when I’m running a sniper/DMR. Sits on my PC under my arm out of the way until shit hits the fan. 

My go to is my Marui Sig P226 e2 or my Marui HK .45 Tactical.

Beyond that I have an ASG CZ75 but this is only used with my Czech kit.

Woodland I pair my rifle with 400fps designated marksman MK23 .I wouldn't call it a sidearm as it gets equal use. CQB I very rarely carry a rifle just lots of pistols. Once again non of which are prevalent so non are sidearms. Main ones are. 2" KWC co2 python converted to have extra gas output because I modded all the shells to fire X6 shot. A mini shotgun if you like. TM USP compact with a few internal tweaks. TM HK45 tactical with a few internal tweaks. And sometimes the MK23 but with a sub 350fps upper I put together if I know I need something with a little more range.  

Archived