What sidearms do people use?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually a WE G19.

Sometimes a TM P226E2.

• Supporters

currently have 4:

WE makarov

TM Hicapa

WE Sig 226

Cybergun 1911

these days i'm primarily running the makarov because it's small, handy, fits on the smersh rig nicely and effective enough for the rare time i'm using it.

the hicapa is a great gun, often gets lent out a fair bit these days.

the 226 needs a new hop unit, been a bit lazy in getting it repaired but it's a nice gun in it's own way, just doesn't like the cold too much

the cybergun 1911 is beautiful and terrible, doesn't take standard parts, can't hit the broad side of a barn door, fps varies from 100-260fps, mags regularly dump all their gas somehow without sounding like they're leaking and the kick is so violent it has a nasty habit of ripping out it's own front barrel bushing. that said it is very nicely finished and makes one hell of a bang.

• Supporters

WE G18c with maple leaf internals

or

TM Mk23 modified and firing .45s

I actually prefer running games with just these 2 weapons. 

Anyone who hasn’t used a Mk23 for a game of hide and sneak really doesn’t understand how good they are.

I really should use my TM Mk.23 more tbqh.

• Supporters

Trusty WE G19

1979428709_2018-09-04_13_39_061.thumb.jpg.3382be943cadf60ffd5bed560cd399f0.jpg

Glock G17 maple leaf hop unit and a CJ barrel, nine ball rubber 

Currently running a WE G17 with Maple Leaf Hop-Unit, Bucking & Barrel, RMR sight, Acetech lighter and a Surefire x300. This ends up being my in-door CQB gun.

For the fields, I use an ASG CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow... I use this for no other reason than a justification for owning 2 pistols

I have two. 

My favourite shooter is my TM Strike Warrior 1911 type with potato masher on the front. It has a ML 50 degree bucking, Laylax Nineball 6.01 barrel and I-Key. Single action pistols just feel "better" One of the best stock trigger pulls out there (Seriously, next time you see a Strike Warrior give it a go, will surprise you!)

My TM M9 U.S is more reliable gas wise, more mushy trigger, I use it when its a bit nippy out or when rocking the french loadout. 

I should probably buy some more pistols as I dont have many compared to rifles. Looking for something with a fun switch (Auto)

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, E21A said:

What gave it away? 🤔😂

dunno, just got a general vibe.

must admit a mate of mine is very into his glocks, i don't understand it myself, glocks a glock, some have fun switches, some are smaller, still a glock.

but then i suppose my regular gun is a makarov so i'm probably biased.

4 minutes ago, mimozine said:

don't use a sidearm, dont see the point. never had a point where my main weapon was out of action during a firefight.....

Damn. I saw your pic and was hoping you would say a Mateba XD

• Supporters
Just now, mimozine said:

don't use a sidearm, dont see the point. never had a point where my main weapon was out of action during a firefight.....

Not just for that , you get in a confined space and you’ve not got the room to move your primary?

i hardly ever use mine (could probably count on my fingers the times I’ve ever NEEDED it) but then

yesterday I did need it twice ! Hence I always carry one .

what pistol ? Depends on the loadout , I’ve accrued quite a few over the yrs so I’ve got them to go with era/nationality/and general look of it . Ones I do seem to use most of the time though are a TM 226 , KWA M9 and a WE 1911A1 .

i do like AEP’s in CQB as there such low FPS (but withthe right hop and barrel still have the range) you can hose the shit out of players and there not exactly going to winger and whine about over kill are they ? 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not just for that , you get in a confined space and you’ve not got the room to move your primary?

no never been in a space too confined to use my rifle, but then i only play in woodland. i'm guessing your either a cqb player or really fat?

i play light, one aeg, with drum mag or two hight caps mag-clipped together. one emergengcy mag in pocket, one small bag of ammo in pocket. dont need anything else. (except maybe a cig for when im sat waiting for action)

dont end up carrying to much stuff you not gonna use

20090720-Guttenfelder017.jpg

TM PX4 cos I have tiny hands and its easy for me to work the controls on it.

WE Makarov cos its a fun wee gun - but summer only 

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, mimozine said:

one of my local's has started adopting a pistols only indoors policy, meant to try and make it easier. some places also have a gun hits=switch to secondary rule.

been plenty of times i've run out in a frantic firefight and had to drop to secondary when i'm out of ammo.

i can understand your standpoint, but it's a handy thing to have and it's not like a pistol takes that much extra space/weight to carry.

51 minutes ago, mimozine said:

Youve never run out of ammo? Ever? 

Just now, E21A said:

Youve never run out of ammo? Ever? 

High cap heroes..

Archived