RustaY0

Buying weapons from abroad.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Hi there new to the forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm am starting my Airsoft hobby soon. Going to play a test game and if I enjoy it I am going to order my kits and stuff. But I do have a question. I will be ordering from abroad ( Poland to be precise) and I wanted to know what would I need for the package to go through the customs and not get confiscated as I will be ordering a AEG Colt M4 Airline - tan with vest, ammo, mags etc. And that weapon has got a basic FPS from 360, that's what is says on the website. If someone could give me advise or if they ordered from mainland Europe before, what did they do to get the package sent through that would be much appreciated. 

You need to include your UKARA number in the order or it is likely to be stopped and destroyed upon entering the UK. One place from Italy forgot to put my UKARA number on the package and it was destroyed. The retailer had to send another through with my number. 

You can get Gunfire or Taiwan gun to downgrade that FPS before shipping though. 

Just now, Asomodai said:

You need to include your UKARA number in the order or it is likely to be stopped and destroyed upon entering the UK. One place from Italy forgot to put my UKARA number on the package and it was destroyed. The retailer had to send another through with my number. 

You can get Gunfire or Taiwan gun to downgrade that FPS before shipping though. 

Ok. And as I said I am new to Airsoft, is that UKARA number linked to my address and name and surname? Also do you reckon that they might stop it at customs because of the FPS? Coz if I know correctly the limit in UK is 350 on automatic rifles?

4 minutes ago, RustaY0 said:

Ok. And as I said I am new to Airsoft, is that UKARA number linked to my address and name and surname? Also do you reckon that they might stop it at customs because of the FPS? Coz if I know correctly the limit in UK is 350 on automatic rifles?

Yes the UKARA number is linked to your address and name and must be sent to that particular address. If you haven't got a UKARA number you shouldn't order a standard colour rif. I believe Gunfire and Taiwangun offer a two tone service to make it legal for you to import. 

The border force do not check FPS and the UK limit is something like 372fps, but almost all sites operate a 350fps limit. 

31 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Yes the UKARA number is linked to your address and name and must be sent to that particular address. If you haven't got a UKARA number you shouldn't order a standard colour rif. I believe Gunfire and Taiwangun offer a two tone service to make it legal for you to import. 

The border force do not check FPS and the UK limit is something like 372fps, but almost all sites operate a 350fps limit. 

Ohh ok thank you for the information. I do have one more question if you don't mind. I know to get the UKARA number you need to play at least three games with the same club, my question is if I play the games in the first month would I get the the UKARA or would I have to wait till I get that number?

5 minutes ago, RustaY0 said:

Ohh ok thank you for the information. I do have one more question if you don't mind. I know to get the UKARA number you need to play at least three games with the same club, my question is if I play the games in the first month would I get the the UKARA or would I have to wait till I get that number?

This is all covered in the stickied at the top of this part of the forum and the UKARA website. Did you read it before posting?

3 games, in over 2 months and under 12 months, if you need more clarification please the specific thread for UKARA

8 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

This is all covered in the stickied at the top of this part of the forum and the UKARA website. Did you read it before posting?

3 games, in over 2 months and under 12 months, if you need more clarification please the specific thread for UKARA

Yes I did read it but didn't quite understand. But thank you anyway for the help I really appreciate this. 

It's not totally obvious, but think of it in terms of you showing a long term interest.

So it's at least 3 games, played over at least 8 weeks (or 2 calendar months depending on the site).  That's 8 weeks between the first game and the third game.  You can play more if you like, but you can't get your UKARA in under 8 weeks, or with fewer than 3 games.

Speak to the site at which you'll be playing, they'll see you right - they'll be the ones issuing the UKARA number in any case.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.