I Cant Pick

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

So I can’t decide really wanting to get a new RIF but I can’t decide what to get. I have seen 3 RIFS advertised on the classifieds here a G Bar10 G Spec bolt action sniper, a G&G CM16 M4 and a Nighthawk Custom Recon C02 Pistol.

I already have a G&G MP5 but I’m wanting something else. Love the idea of sniping but I also want an AEG that has more options for attachments as I find the MP5 doesn’t have much option. I have a cheap springer pistol but this is more so for show than anything else again would really like a proper sidearm that can be used for CQB. My main site has a mix of outdoor with a mix of CQB in the buildings. I am really torn on what to get.

If this was you what you would pick.

It sounds like at some point you will get a pistol, sniper rifle and another aeg anyway. If that is the case then maybe best idea is to work out what you think would be most important next. 

If it was me in your situation then I would probably go for a pistol for these reasons... 

Another aeg is adding a little choice but won't be changing your gameplay at all and you can't go about with two aeg's. 

A sniper rifle would change your gameplay which would be good but then ideally you would want a sidearm along with that if your site is part cqb. 

A pistol isn't necessary if you are running an aeg but will give you a bit of variety and great for cqb. I see this option the only one where you can run two guns. 

So I reckon the smart option would be pistol first, then sniper, then another aeg.

I didn't do this myself and have 4 aegs, to me a particular smg or assault rifle is more appealing than a pistol but for gameplay this isn't the most sensible order to buy rifs in my opinion. Pistol is next on my list by the way

30 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

It sounds like at some point you will get a pistol, sniper rifle and another aeg anyway. If that is the case then maybe best idea is to work out what you think would be most important next. 

If it was me in your situation then I would probably go for a pistol for these reasons... 

Another aeg is adding a little choice but won't be changing your gameplay at all and you can't go about with two aeg's. 

A sniper rifle would change your gameplay which would be good but then ideally you would want a sidearm along with that if your site is part cqb. 

A pistol isn't necessary if you are running an aeg but will give you a bit of variety and great for cqb. I see this option the only one where you can run two guns. 

So I reckon the smart option would be pistol first, then sniper, then another aeg.

I didn't do this myself and have 4 aegs, to me a particular smg or assault rifle is more appealing than a pistol but for gameplay this isn't the most sensible order to buy rifs in my opinion. Pistol is next on my list by the way

I agree with this evaluation.

I got the pistol first as my CQB primary. This means I can either go my intended sniper or GBBR routes next without issue.

Either way ill have a sidearm for MED reasons or no time to reload reasons.

Makes sense.

• Supporters

Yeah go with a pistol, it's a great backup during games, get yourself a serpa holster (cheap clones are ok), & you'll be able to access it faster than your primary mags mid game, very tacticool.

plus some sites run occasional pistol/single shot weapon games during game days, can be a lotta fun compared to the usual hi-cap spray & pray madness.

1 hour ago, Resistor170 said:

I really appreciate you put it into context and I think I will be followings this. I have seen 2 pistols both I like the look off a 1911 and nighthawk so will need to choose.  

• Supporters

Sure, GBB pistol, they're hilarious. However, regarding the lack of options for an MP5...

image.png.f6bf30228c6b0bbf706fbfe6e8054463.png

Clamp on top rail = sight + torch.  Barrel thread adapters are readily available if you want to add a standard silencer / loudener/ tracer.  I'm not sure what else you'd want on there.

Specna Arms have some interesting 416-a-likes in their range - see GunFire.

CYMA have some cheap SR-47-a-likes now in their range: see Taiwan Gun.

Change out of £200 too.

Archived