Part OD coloured guns

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've always liked the old olive drab, and can't understand why most things that aren't black seem to be tan these days.

I find it more pleasing on the eye, more military looking and far more appropriate to colder climes.

I know these guns are made in Asia but come on: how many deserts are there in that part of the world?

Am I alone in thinking this? I suppose I must be or tan wouldn't be the default option after black.

• Supporters

OD ROCKS 👍

TAN SUCKS C###S 😜

(I agree with you, but sales/marketing peeps will focus on what's "current", & lets be honest desert conflicts have been the norm since 1991, very little of note has happened elsewhere, so unless a major fisticuffs kicks off in a different region, then things won't change in the foreseeable, which is a shame "LOL")

4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

What is the point in desert camo if you are playing in a country without deserts?

Why would someone in the UK wear it at a skirmish? It would only make him stand out?

i have seen a few players run around dressed as 'desert storm'.  stands out no end. but then, how many people run tacticool black resulting in them being a constant silhouette is always suprising.  though in cqb/urban environments it makes no difference really

Exactly what Tackle said.

I like a bit of OD on a gun myself too. I have a dd rail on my sa80 but felt it wanted some colour back so added OD rail ladders and grip.

One of the joys of our sport is the abundance of choice for aesthetic customisation. 

IMG_20190205_222909.thumb.jpg.a18981eeed40e749c7efdb0a30345000.jpg

• Supporters
5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

What is the point in desert camo if you are playing in a country without deserts?

Why would someone in the UK wear it at a skirmish? It would only make him stand out?

a few years ago I was doing a milsim weekend, a number of guys were coming over from Germany (where they were permanently stationed), & none of them had DPM, having been forced to hand it back in when they were issued with mtp.

Tight-Arsed MoD

7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Team OD

BFD3BE47-A80F-454A-AC5C-8C2D393CDB37.jpeg

Nice.

2 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

Exactly what Tackle said.

I like a bit of OD on a gun myself too. I have a dd rail on my sa80 but felt it wanted some colour back so added OD rail ladders and grip.

One of the joys of our sport is the abundance of choice for aesthetic customisation. 

IMG_20190205_222909.thumb.jpg.a18981eeed40e749c7efdb0a30345000.jpg

Also nice.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Team OD

BFD3BE47-A80F-454A-AC5C-8C2D393CDB37.jpeg

wait, do you still have that m4? because it looks exactly like how mine was when i bought it.......

i've now swapped most of the furniture out but it's still representing the od crew!

@Adolf Hamster Yeah, it’s built from a TM mws gbbr with king arms Vltor stock and CASV rail. Just need to get around to a Vltor flip up front sight post.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

@Adolf Hamster Yeah, it’s built from a TM mws gbbr with king arms Vltor stock and CASV rail. Just need to get around to a Vltor flip up front sight post.

mine came with the flip up front, although i don't use that rail much apart from night games when i actually need to hang stuff off the front of the gun.

18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

In late autumn and winter some desert camo is quite effective due to the colour of the woodland where the leaves that have fallen and the bracken has died, there is more bark than leaf and more brown than green.

45 minutes ago, Immortal said:

In late autumn and winter some desert camo is quite effective due to the colour of the woodland where the leaves that have fallen and the bracken has died, there is more bark than leaf and more brown than green.

I think kryptek highlander is pretty good at these times

On 06/04/2019 at 14:16, emilianoksa said:

Laughed my ass off at the squad in desert camo at The Mall one time!!

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Laughed my ass off at the squad in desert camo at The Mall one time!!

Shhh! Don't laugh too loudly at them, they might realise and start wearing actual camo ;)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, BigAl said:

The best actual camo is called standing still.

Game set and match ! ! 

🤣🤣🤣

Many moons ago an older guy in jeans and a DDPM smock with a rental G36 absolutely dominate a gameday , turned out he’d just done the full wack in and his grandson wanted to give S’ofting ago but he had no one to take him ! 

Funny that ? 😉

• Supporters
19 hours ago, BigAl said:

The best actual camo is called standing still.

absolutely !, years ago I played a woodland site while wearing black, got myself wrapped up in some vines around a tree & got a kill from about 15ft using my g19, guy calls for a medic who promptly arrives & I cap him too, this goes on until I've got 7 guys within 15ft all calling for medics, eventually the whistle blows & I step away from the tree & get called every variation of "you sneaky Cnut" lol

All achieved because I barely moved an inch 😜

On 07/04/2019 at 08:26, Immortal said:

There is a guy on Youtube who puts various camo patterns through it's paces. Suprisingly desert dpm is pretty good in the woods in autum. I might pick some up myself.

4 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

There is a guy on Youtube who puts various camo patterns through it's paces. Suprisingly desert dpm is pretty good in the woods in autum. I might pick some up myself.

He's fun to watch, like a "Camo Where's Wally"... he's what prompted me to get Flecktarn or in this case Tropentarn for Autumn/Winter.

• Supporters
Just now, Immortal said:

He's fun to watch, like a "Camo Where's Wally"... he's what prompted me to get Flecktarn or in this case Tropentarn for Autumn/Winter.

Flecktarn is so good, when i started wearing it was actually noticable that more people just werent seeing me.

These days i'm getting quite into my russian stuff and i'm running digi flora which is nice in its own way.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Flecktarn is so good, when i started wearing it was actually noticable that more people just werent seeing me.

1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Flecktarn is like a cheat mode.

You're both right on that, made a few on my own team jump when sitting down reloading. They just don't see you. My mate said I was just a blur when he spotted me moving. Great for ambushes too.

Same for the Tropentarn, I was crouched amongst dead ferns trying not to move and laugh after I accidently sniped a bloke on the bollocks. He was looking straight through me then looking everywhere as his mate cradled him back to the respawn. To be fair I was aiming centre mass but I guess it dropped a little to his happy sacks.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

These days i'm getting quite into my russian stuff and i'm running digi flora which is nice in its own way.

I really like digi flora bar the pricetag. One day... one day. That and Pencott Greenzone.

Both on my wish list.... Oh and some Aussie Jelly bean camo.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I really like digi flora bar the pricetag. One day... one day. That and Pencott Greenzone.

Both on my wish list.... Oh and some Aussie Jelly bean camo.

Only really got into digi flora as i was ordering a smersh rig and didnt want to get it confused with my mates od rig. But after seeing it in the flesh it's really nice, if perhaps a bit dark for our forests.

Archived