Whats better Gas or Electric

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

depends on your priorities ,and when talking gas gbb or nbb . Most will say gbb is best although some suffer in the cold more than others.

Yeah, for a pistol gas is most common and fun.

I have two Co2 pistols bought for UK market so around 320fps but they can be up to 400fps if unrestricted so be sure what you're getting with those.

Great efficiency and reliability.

4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, for a pistol gas is most common and fun.

I have two Co2 pistols bought for UK market so around 320fps but they can be up to 400fps if unrestricted so be sure what you're getting with those.

Great efficiency and reliability.

whats the uk site limits for pistols?

Gas is they way. The AEP’s tend to have a really low FPS which limits itself in a couple of ways over a gas gun. Range potential is limited, but more importantly hit taking can be reduced. After 15 meters or so, there’s barely any energy left in the BB to make you feel it, particularly against thick clothing or tacticool gear. 

Gas guns are split into two catagories. Gas blowbacks and non-blowback. NBB pistols are usually much more gas efficient but there are much fewer models to choose from and the trigger pull is generally heavy and numb due to their design. Gas blowbacks are the most popular choice with by far the most variety. Good ones offer a good balance between performance, gas efficiency and realism. 

19 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

@Wo1f think gbb is going to be the way. 

Buy a TM unless you want a 1911 because you’ll need a co2 one as the green gas mags are so tiny they barely function. 

6 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

was looking at the 1911 @Wo1f

The old school ones or do you like the hi-capa’s too? Tm hi-capa is very good. If you want the normal version I’d go co2. Unsure of what brand though because they’ve never really interested me. 

in real steel term they are double stack 1911 race guns(1911 with wider grip). in airsoft terms capacity ammo is the same but gas capacity is much greater than a single stack 1911. some more efficient less prone to cool down and more shots per fill. https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-5-1-gbb-pistol/

15 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

tbh im not sure @Wo1f im not clued up on brands  hi-capa's is that the higher capacity mags?

Hi-capa is a 2011.

In real terms, a 2011 is a 1911 styled pistol with a double stack frame and increased magazine capacity.

26 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

what is a Hi Cappa

@BigStew @Seven

You talking about the name itself? Im guessing just a term made up by the Airsoft world to avoid infringing on STI's copyright for the 2011? It suggests 'higher capacity'? Could be wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/STI_International

Get a gas pistol, you can run green in spring, summer and autumn, and red in winter.

Or green above 8-10 degrees and red when below...

AW make pistols that aren't crazy money and they can also handle Co2 if desired.

I actually really like my WE M92 Gen 1... it's heavier than the Gen 2, has a TDC, kicks like a  Mule and spits 0.3 accurately.

It'll happily take red or green gas. And makes you feel like Mel Gibson, with or without a mullet, that's optional.

14 minutes ago, Musica said:

they do make a licensed 2011 https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=10238

prefer the tm hi capas look personally 

Indeed, that's the SAI I mentioned earlier. You can also get it here a little cheaper and in stock (no idea how much shipping is)

https://gunfire.com/en/products/sai-2011-ds-5-1-pistol-replica-aluminium-green-gas-1152216671.html

There is a steel version that's a lot more expensive. I would say look at reviews though as they put me off.

Squishy trigger and the slide doesn't have the best fit (wobbly). Still a tempting piece all the same. 👍

The ASG CZ shadow could run c02 and gas. It's the only non TM gun I hear people rave about and there is a new one coming the shadow 2.

https://actionsportgames.com/en-gb/productcatalog/products/guns/pistols/cz-shadow-2

But if your happy with one of the TMs I'd get one of them and just learn what gas to use in what temperature. 

4 hours ago, Immortal said:

There's also the SAI 2011...

Yeah, I did a bit more digging on the 2011 patent.

It appears STI's patent on the double stack modular frame design expired so a few more companies now make the design but none of them officially call it a 2011 as far as I can see. I'm guessing the patent on the design is open but STI still own the copyright to the 2011 name.

Salient Arms for instance call it the 'SAI Red' which comes in 1911 and 'Hi Cap' versions, which I would guess coined or followed the Hi-capa term and the Airsoft world just slaps the 2011 name with it so that people know that they are not buying the 1911 version.

One thing I did notice with the Salient Arms version... They recently showed the pistol as the new service weapon for John Wick 3 and it clearly has 2011 stamped on the lower frame. Interesting. Perhaps they purchased a copyright licence?

https://www.salientarmsinternational.com/product/SAI-RED/

Update: it appears SAI actually did purchase the 2011 copyright license, they use the term for the Red-H named pistol which I would presume is the version they licenced for the movie.

Archived