LMG's Which One?

Guest VeniVidiVici
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

^pretty much that.

realistically you're buying for the look, otherwise if you want volume of fire just chuck a drum mag in an arp and go pew.

they're not going to shoot any better than any other aeg and whilst you definately have the cool factor it comes at a massive weight penalty.

the common choices seem to be the m60 followed by the m249, russian stuff is rarer (and pretty cool) and so far the only mg42 i've seen on the field is my own.

If your wanting it for mil sim the krytac and G&G  ones are often not allowed to be used as LMGs because they are mostly just ARs with a box magazines so no down sides which you'd usually have with a LMG i.e weight and barrel length. 

If your not using it for mil sim a high cap or drum mag turns any gun in to a LMG There's a P90 attachment that means it can hold 1500BBs "https://www.amazon.co.uk/1500rd-Box-Magazine-P90-Airsoft/dp/B0725QRGZS"

Aesthetically I like a SAW. 

Just now, Sawyer said:

If I was in the market for an LMG, I'd definitely be waiting for the TM Mk.46. 

There a release date or price for that yet? I’m expecting it to be stupid in the £700+ range 

Eagle6 have them up for pre-order, expecting £700 to 900 according to them. Can't see it being more than a month or two away, best guess/wild speculation. (I reserve the right to be wrong)

Edit - see below, told you I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

There a release date or price for that yet? I’m expecting it to be stupid in the £700+ range 

Mid to late this year is expected, at least thats what I've been told by people in the know but as with anything that could change and be beginning of next year

21 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Mid to late this year is expected, at least thats what I've been told by people in the know but as with anything that could change and be beginning of next year

Yeah, I had read it will be Q4 2019 and around the £750 mark

18 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Ill wait for A&K to release there gbbr m249

You sure you want to dip your toe into GBB with a M249? Being that you're an AEG fan...

1 hour ago, SgtTalbert said:

You sure you want to dip your toe into GBB with a M249? Being that you're an AEG fan...

I do hope that was sarcasm 😂 I’ve got 2 sewing machines, don’t need any more 

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I do hope that was sarcasm 😂 I’ve got 2 sewing machines, don’t need any more 

Haha maybe

Guest VeniVidiVici

Wow thanks for the help guys. I'll Look into the TM Mk46 and maybe a LCT RPK or RPD. Do you know anything about LCT in general

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

realistically you're buying for the look, otherwise if you want volume of fire just chuck a drum mag in an arp and go pew.

ARP9 with a drum is a proper mini-lmg, very enjoyable just spraying about the place and making loads of noise 😂

43 minutes ago, VeniVidiVici said:

What Does the G&P Cost?

Depends where you live.

£886.00 or $742.99

12 minutes ago, Slamz said:

You can pick them up for under £600 can't you?

The AEG version yes but the HPA is expensive

I paid £580 when it was discounted at ZeroOne (Xmas time) but they list them at £630 for the Ranger currently (AEG version)

It's a V2 gearbox so you could HPA it at a later date but it'll probably work out more than just getting an HPA version as and when they are for sale.

Strong arms and back required btw, it's heavy but awesome... :lol:

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Musica said:

If your wanting it for mil sim the krytac and G&G  ones are often not allowed to be used as LMGs because they are mostly just ARs with a box magazines so no down sides which you'd usually have with a LMG i.e weight and barrel length. 

If your not using it for mil sim a high cap or drum mag turns any gun in to a LMG There's a P90 attachment that means it can hold 1500BBs "https://www.amazon.co.uk/1500rd-Box-Magazine-P90-Airsoft/dp/B0725QRGZS"

Aesthetically I like a SAW. 

Quite true and yes they are performing the same function as a ‘proper’ LMG , BUT if your running a bogstandard AEG like this then (for me anyway) your moving in to the realms of why have any Airsoft guns that look like a real one as they all do the same thing ?

If your using an AEG as a support gun then me I always say get a support gun and not just slap a box mag on an M4 .

plus those P90 abominations should ALL be burned to hell ! 😉😁

17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

plus those P90 abominations should ALL be burned to hell ! 😉😁

so much this

image.png.0e40f5d3589e6a9a208efe79e29fdf4d.png

I had a m60, My local sights had minimum engagement distances and I found that the gun did not have much of a range once this was taken into account

So in the end i sold it through lack of use

A&k m249s are a reasonably good option. Avoid the classic army. I had the stock and lower reciever snap on mine just from using a sling. they also dont come with a box mag. If you want something more russian a Cyma rpk is a good option. Very reliable. A&k pkms are very nice but a bit pricey. Those are the ones I have used.

Archived