How can I find out if my UKARA is still valid?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm pretty sure it is, as it was issued last May, but I have had a long break from airsoft due to surgery and recuperation.

I played at the Mill for the first time in ages three weeks ago and renewed my membership of First and Only (which runs from March to March) but I did so two weeks late. Would the two weeks when I was not a member invalidate my UKARA number.

Who can I phone who will have a list of UKARA membership?

• Moderators

As @Prisce said, give Firesupport a call and they can check, thats what i do.

I guess any retailer should be able to cheek this for you anyway!

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. I HAVE SINCE LEARNED THAT MY UKARA NUMBER IS STILL VALID.

Just for your information.

I contacted FAO office in Manchester and was told that my UKARA number is connected to my FAO membership. When my membership expired on 3 March,, so did my UKARA number.  Because I renewed two weeks late, I  wasn't renewing at all but rejoining after a break.

I was under the impression, as were others, that my UKARA number was valid from the date of issue, which in my case, was last May. It would seem they backdate it to the first qualifying game.

So I am back to square one. Well not quite. I have one qualifying game for this year under my belt, but will have to do another two.

I'm a bit p1ssed off to be honest because I wanted to order a gun from Hong Kong.

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. I HAVE SINCE LEARNED THAT MY UKARA NUMBER IS STILL VALID.

• Moderators

it should be one game just to renew within 12months.....or are you having to do the entire thing again?

but it should be the date of the issue (logged on the system) as far as i know, mine is give or take a few days....

Not user friendly at all. I sympathise.

Well, I probably have too many guns anway,  and I can still order magazines. Where pistols are concerned you can never have too many. 

I hope to God not having UKARA doesn't disqualify me from using the RIFs I already legitimately own at skirmish sites.

Please tell me if I have got this wrong.

That’s a bit of of shit thing to do because you got your membership a bit later. They just want another 3 games out of you. Once you’re sorted, try Level 2. Much better site. 

There is no restriction from you owning RIF’s. Ukara is purely for buying them. If you decide to hold up a bank with your pistol, the ukara is the airsoft company’s protection from blame. It’s basically “well he’s played all of these airsoft games so I figured that what he was using the gun for, not to hold up RBS”

Thanks Wolf. I thought so too.

Now I have to play another two games with them, to get my UKARA back.

After that, as you say, it will be Level 2. 

I'm actually considering just playing three games at Level 2 instead.

It’s very good. I’m not a CQB guy, but it’s head and shoulders better than the mill. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2019 at 14:34, emilianoksa said:

Just for your information.

I contacted FAO office in Manchester and was told that my UKARA number is connected to my FAO membership. When my membership expired on 3 March,, so did my UKARA number.  Because I renewed two weeks late, I  wasn't renewing at all but rejoining after a break.

I was under the impression, as were others, that my UKARA number was valid from the date of issue, which in my case, was last May. It would seem they backdate it to the first qualifying game.

So I am back to square one. Well not quite. I have one qualifying game for this year under my belt, but will have to do another two.

I'm a bit p1ssed off to be honest because I wanted to order a gun from Hong Kong..

Just another update to correct the above post.

Since I received two lots of advice from FAO that were conflictive, I had no confirmation that my UKARA membership had elapsed.

So I recently contacted Fire Support to see if my number was still valid. 

I was told that I have retained my number and that it is valid until March of next year. 

So my fears were groundless. Just wanted to point that out. Now I can order another gun after all.😀

Please ignore my previous post.

Archived