DMR Help!

Evan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

To keep a long story short I am looking for a new DMR Style weapon but I dont have good enough knowledge to make a decision. My budget is around £500. I would prefer AEG over Gas as Gas doesnt perform well where i live due to weather. I want a weapon that I can upgrade from stock to my required FPS below, something reliable that will last. NOT something that needs daily maintenance!

My site limit is 450fps for single shot DMR's so my preference would be something able to shoot between 430-450FPS. I would also like something with a decent mag size and the ability to attach/detach a suppressor or tracer unit

In terms of style I like the 'Lone Survivor / SR25 look' or HK17 (Links below for reference). Any links would be highly appreciated for guns or upgrades. 

For £500 you’re probably best  buying an A&K SR-25, buy a fancy mosfet for it to lock it to semi and have a nicer trigger response. While you’re in the gearbox, make sure you do all of the airseal mods. Buy a prometheus EG barrel no longer than 370mm, regardless of how stupidly long the outer barrel is. Get a TNT TR hop bucking and nub and a spring to get you to your desired FPS. That’s the absolute cheapest way of making a half decent DMR.

after that you can buy fancy hop chambers and motors and all that good shit, but to start, the above will get you mostly there.

12 hours ago, Wo1f said:

For £500 you’re probably best  buying an A&K SR-25, buy a fancy mosfet for it to lock it to semi and have a nicer trigger response. While you’re in the gearbox, make sure you do all of the airseal mods. Buy a prometheus EG barrel no longer than 370mm, regardless of how stupidly long the outer barrel is. Get a TNT TR hop bucking and nub and a spring to get you to your desired FPS. That’s the absolute cheapest way of making a half decent DMR.

after that you can buy fancy hop chambers and motors and all that good shit, but to start, the above will get you mostly there.

That's good to know bud.

Is 370mm inner barrel regarded as the sweet spot for a DMR build regardless how long the outer barrel is?

Depends on the bb weight. Shorter the better really 275-325 would probably be ideal with heavy BB’s. 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Evan said:

In terms of style I like the 'Lone Survivor / SR25 look' or HK17 (Links below for reference). Any links would be highly appreciated for guns or upgrades. 

For a Lone SUrvivor loadout you'll want a MK12 Mod 1 with either a fixed stock or Crane stock (depending on whether or not you prefer the Luttrell or Axelson one). Specna Arms make one (model is SA-B16) and going by all the reviews of their guns (plus owning one myself) I'd say it'll be really decent. Currently on sale from Gunfire for about £170 leaves you plenty of scope for attachments and a Gate Titan (because why wouldn't you?).

I went through the exact same position as you.

My budget gradually had to increase until it was closer to £1000. At £500, one may as well buy a good TM.

I'm currently working on a SCAR H DMR project. I picked up the gun and 5 high caps in a case for 150 as the gearbox was locked up. Externally all modifications will be 3D printed but internally it's got a BTC CHIMERA, ZCI stainless steel barrel, the new Maxx SCAR hop up and all new airseal components along with an ASG CNC motor and SHS 16:1 gears. All in all your looking at around 400 plus any accessories

Easiest DMR to make is an mws base. Restricting to semi involves a dremel, not a £100 mosfet, needs no “gearbox” parts. Just a barrel and hop rubber and SixG nub. 

What most people do is ram a long barrel in it and a big spring. With airsoft, long barrels aren’t ideal. Especially for AEG’s

Archived