How To Modify Goggles

Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, all.

In the picture i have a pair of Bolle x1000 goggles and a pair of FMA regulator 2r fan goggles.

My plan is to get the fan onto my Bollé goggles as they are great for protection, but the goggles fog up badly and i want to clear the humidity easily. The fan is a 20mm fan. Is there a way to do this? I can't afford the milspec turbofan goggles.

20190403_171125.jpg

• Supporters

A quick search of "fan goggle" came up with this thread:

• Supporters

The other thing to consider is double glazing them.  This has worked very well for me on two pairs of goggles now.

It's really simple.  An A4 sheet of 0.75mm PETG clear plastic (often sold for doll house windows), and some 2mm or 3mm thick double sized foam tape is all you need.  Pop the lens out of the goggles, draw around it and cut the PETG to size, then trim it down all round so that it's a bit smaller than the polycarb lens.  Cut the foam tape into 2mm strips (so it's about square), stick it in a continuous line around the edge of the PETG, then stick the PETG onto the polycarb and pop it back in the frame.  You're done.

I should have clarified, by 'fogging' i mean condensation buildup. The end goal is to get the humidity vented out. Unless there is a way to increase the safety of the FMA goggles?

I do have an X-acto knife so i could do it.

• Supporters
On 03/04/2019 at 19:44, Marauder211 said:

I should have clarified, by 'fogging' i mean condensation buildup. The end goal is to get the humidity vented out. Unless there is a way to increase the safety of the FMA goggles?

I do have an X-acto knife so i could do it.

Get a motorcycle helmet visor pop the lense out of the fma, mark around it on to the visor , cut to shape (I use a Dremel ) job done . 

Holy shit! Does that actually work? Did you do that with your goggles?

• Supporters

Been doing it for yrs , I’ve done it with goggles , masks and helmets .

all I will say is make sure you get them from a reputable retailer or if from fleabay make sure there well established and have lots of feedback so you know it’ll be a real and not a clone visor .

this is one I did recently , put an iridium shoei visor in a helmet that had a mesh visor .

83FE9E6D-EEE9-485B-8F28-ACB44062785F.jpeg

That's really cool! What brands do you recommend 2nd what websites? I tend to gravitate towards clear lenses.

• Supporters

As I said the helmet was a shoei visor I had spare from when I rode motorbikes but I normally get mine from ‘the visor shop’ a really good retailer and there visors start from around a ten’er and there all ce aproved . 

15 hours ago, Druid799 said:

As I said the helmet was a shoei visor I had spare from when I rode motorbikes but I normally get mine from ‘the visor shop’ a really good retailer and there visors start from around a ten’er and there all ce aproved . 

To be honest this is your answer right here...

What to buy, from where, and for around a tenner! sorted. By the time you mess around looking and finding a deal, for a tenner you cant go wrong.

18 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Been doing it for yrs , I’ve done it with goggles , masks and helmets .

all I will say is make sure you get them from a reputable retailer or if from fleabay make sure there well established and have lots of feedback so you know it’ll be a real and not a clone visor .

this is one I did recently , put an iridium shoei visor in a helmet that had a mesh visor .

83FE9E6D-EEE9-485B-8F28-ACB44062785F.jpeg

Dayum son this is brilliant! It looks like a mandalorian's helmet.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Eddie The Headshot said:

Dayum son this is brilliant! It looks like a mandalorian's helmet.

Glad you said that , that’s the look I was going for ! 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Glad you said that , that’s the look I was going for ! 😂😂

isn't it only Sabine Wren who paints her armour? 

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Musica said:

isn't it only Sabine Wren who paints her armour? 

Nah if you go into the comics/graphic novels and the whole mandalorian thing there’s loads of characters with painted armour .  👍

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Nah if you go into the comics/graphic novels and the whole mandalorian thing there’s loads of characters with painted armour .  👍

Ah I am not a huge fan of comics find it tough to engage with them. Read a lot of the disney cannon books and seen Rebels and I'm halfway through  Clone wars. I love some story arcs in clone wars but if I have to watch another assasination attempt on a senator I'l scream.

Archived