Rarity over Need/Practicality.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

The only problem with this is last time I checked (now, I will admit it was a long time ago, years  in fact so things could of changed) but shooting people with a RS rifle is illegal. Again, happy to be corrected if wrong. 

Hard to justify in court that it was in self defense when the guy was over a mile away

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
11 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Hard to justify in court that it was in self defense when the guy was over a mile away

i dunno, i mean if he wasn't calling his hits.....

tbf some of the ones round here are like the black knight, could blow their arm off and they'd still insist "didn't hit me"

Slight update. 

Decided to spend some of the money on upgrade parts for the JG G36, pretty much everything bar the Drum mag has been purchased now. 

Also bought a Cylinder and piston for my ARX160 to finalise all the upgrade parts for that as well (Purely efficiency related).

So I have to cut the SRS from the list for now though may be able to pick one up next month. I could always go for the sport version though! 

My XM8 ate a piston on Saturday so that needs to go back to the tech. Makes me think that a reliable AEG might be more worth it now. Had another feel of a RS Type97 on the weekend as well as a SCAR H and I like both of them. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Makes me think that a reliable AEG might be more worth it now.

a lesson that took me far too long to learn, now i have my little aksu which is officially the gun thou shalt not fuck with unless it breaks.

it's comforting knowing you can go somewhere and you will always be able to spend the whole day shooting, and if not then it's handy to have a gun you can throw to a mate if he's having bother.

18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a lesson that took me far too long to learn, now i have my little aksu which is officially the gun thou shalt not fuck with unless it breaks.

it's comforting knowing you can go somewhere and you will always be able to spend the whole day shooting, and if not then it's handy to have a gun you can throw to a mate if he's having bother.

Well, my unupgradeable fully upgraded TM Famas has survived 5 skirmishes of abuse as of yesterday, making it my most reliable and used RIF I own by some margin! By rights it should be the least reliable! 

My TM AUG HC hasn't had anything touched in it bar a new barrel and is also ultra reliable. 

Neither would be winning any solid externals awards anytime soon though!

If I went for the RS I would still want to put a mosfet in it at least. Maybe new barrel and bucking. 

If the SCAR then I wouldnt touch it full stop. (I couldnt afford the upgrade packages ;))

Everything I touch turns to rubble!

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:03, Asomodai said:

Well, my unupgradeable fully upgraded TM Famas has survived 5 skirmishes of abuse as of yesterday, making it my most reliable and used RIF I own by some margin! By rights it should be the least reliable! 

My TM AUG HC hasn't had anything touched in it bar a new barrel and is also ultra reliable. 

5 games is the most used!! WTF! 😂

Seriously the Scar is solid, the only part you may or may not damage depending on ham fisted-ness or if you fall onto it awkwardly is the stock release catch - which you can upgrade IF you do break it.

19 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

5 games is the most used!! WTF! 😂

Seriously the Scar is solid, the only part you may or may not damage depending on ham fisted-ness or if you fall onto it awkwardly is the stock release catch - which you can upgrade IF you do break it.

When you have as many RIFs as I do, it is a struggle! I only play 2 games a month max. 

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Better that than slashing your Bobbit.

Absolutely. 

TM Recoil and SRS is probably out of budget now, though RS Type97 and SRS Sport is still doable. 

Are you just undecided between the two? Maybe best to go back and have a handle of them again. My vote is still definitely the type 97, but I would only advise you buy it if you share lots of pictures on here after 😉

1 hour ago, Resistor170 said:

Are you just undecided between the two? Maybe best to go back and have a handle of them again. My vote is still definitely the type 97, but I would only advise you buy it if you share lots of pictures on here after 😉

The real question is if I did go for the T97, do I go for the 97 or the 97B ;)

Just now, Asomodai said:

The real question is if I did go for the T97, do I go for the 97 or the 97B ;)

If it was me then B purely because I prefer compact weapons. That said, having the rifle of the PRC Army would be cool. A quick look on Wikipedia tells me the B is issued to their Navy and maybe SF units so that would satisfy me enough and I'd still take the B. 

39 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

I think the budget means it would have to be buy one get one free

Well if the OP could get enough people then Real Sword offer discounts for direct group purchases currently US members of the Far East tactical FB are doing a group order. 

But in all seriousness, I personly favour the Type 97.  

25 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The B

25 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

If it was me then B purely because I prefer compact weapons. That said, having the rifle of the PRC Army would be cool. A quick look on Wikipedia tells me the B is issued to their Navy and maybe SF units so that would satisfy me enough and I'd still take the B. 

From an aesthetic point of view I prefer the standard Type 97, which also has the ability to mount side rails through the vent holes without modification. 

However the B version does have the built in foregrip which I do use quite often on my FAMAS and AUG. 

So as my original question, practicality over aesthetics... Hmm! The B is slightly cheaper at 420 quid. I am also 6,3 so the B might look a bit small on me.

23 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

I think the budget means it would have to be buy one get one free 🥴

True. Though I did pick up the Real Sword Picatinny Scope rail for £7 for when I eventually get a T97. ;)

IMG_20190412_213257.thumb.jpg.7d391ff0ed1c4de30a4ce0bf2046c78d.jpg

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The b with a chunky suppressor looks very nice.

Get a grey dust spray job on it and then it's perfect.

49766698_283394935868660_2097850805509377873_n.jpg

How did you attach the PEQ box might I ask?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

How did you attach the PEQ box might I ask?

Not one of mine buddy just a representational pic off the internet.

I don't do pics of anything I build as feels as weird as selfies to me.

EDIT: Also wouldn't use that horrible little reflex, type 97 looks better with a T1 style sight.

I'm getting the feeling you are urring towards the standard rifle. You have already got a rail and as you say you can attach side rails without drilling holes into the gun. Practicality wise maybe you should get this. I'd happily use the B with iron sights and fill a dump pouch with carrots to knaw on if I'm playing in the dark. 

48 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

I'm getting the feeling you are urring towards the standard rifle. You have already got a rail and as you say you can attach side rails without drilling holes into the gun. Practicality wise maybe you should get this. I'd happily use the B with iron sights and fill a dump pouch with carrots to knaw on if I'm playing in the dark. 

I could potentially put a 45 degree rail adapter on the scope rail and put a torch on it. 

If I could get a foregrip on the T97 then i'd be all over it. 

5 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

foregrip on the T97

Serika Arms company do a grip mod for  RS type 97 that gives the appearance similar to of the QBZ-95 might be of interest to you.

https://www.facebook.com/SerikaArms/?__tn__=%2CdkCH-R-R&eid=ARCGQNgGUsZSD1ShnuuVZs7lw1N_-AuUVtrLfd4uDZhtu3P60dV2F3seGdZwia-BTl-XjN9-whqMs_yH&hc_ref=ART37NtwH_aQwmIzz174x-Mo3ga9x6nromZcNDtPfTFHSTmEpSSsomOYXvBDKQVNWJM&fref=nf&hc_location=group

On 12/04/2019 at 23:32, Sniper780 said:

I have emailed them, but no reply so far! 

I have just picked up an A&K M60 to scratch my LMG itch. I couldn't say no to 238 euros. Its almost double the price in the UK! 

Archived