LCT VSS Vintorez

Immortal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is on my list of RIFs I'd like. I've watched a few reviews and I like it. A lot! 

Does anyone have any experience with them? Do you own one? If so I'd like to hear what you think!

Thank you... 👍

I would like to hear peoples opinions on this as well 🙂 all I know is that the LCT is the only decent one and that as with most LCTs needs a motor replacement and bucking replacement but good otherwise. 

I have a GHK AK74UN and the build quality is very good which is made by LCT.

From what I can see the VSS is very good too.

Steel where it should be etc... and the stock is awesome.

Happy to make a few alterations like bucking, nub etc. I don't know a great deal about motors (yet :lol:).

Plug needs swapping to Deans. 7.4v is fine.

Otherwise looks pretty sweet. I'm hovering on the buy it now button.

Banner up the top of the page has 13 in stock. Then add a few midcaps...

I've always been a fan of the VSS and it really does seem to be the best airsoft replica bar the NBO (which I have no idea where to get one from and I hear they are silly money so I've not looked at all). NBO mags are apparently compatible and made from RS mags (? So I hear...)

V3 gearbox which is new territory for me, only something I'd go into if it was required at a later date. Curious what mosfets would be relevant. Curious if the Titan V3 is appropriate, that would need some research unless somebody knows already. Not sure if it would work with this or not tbh.

Best one is NPO. Its also the most expensive!!! LCT is fine but its not as good as it could be - its off spec for one and the stock is only attached via the grip - think the VAL would be more sturdy in this regard. All 2nd hand info btw.

Edit you can get NPO here:

https://russianarmyshop.eu/

4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I would like to hear peoples opinions on this as well 🙂 all I know is that the LCT is the only decent one and that as with most LCTs needs a motor replacement and bucking replacement but good otherwise. 

Thought this maybe of interest - I have no connection or anything to this site or it's contents...

This link, shows a comparison between NPO and LCT... also a lot of other info I have yet to digest.

All in all the LCT version still looks awesome....

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b57049c6a8226ff529d40b414d5e1d3b&topic=24136.msg262231#msg262231

Itchy "Must Buy" feeling getting harder to resist... lol :lol:

I'm also incredibly close to buying an lct vss, but I want to turn it into a semi only dmr. I'm mega impressed by my lct ak's so if the vss is anything like them it'll be great. 

Sorry this doesn't really help, when you buy one let me know how it is 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2019 at 10:06, Immortal said:

I'm going to go ahead and buy one... :)

I'll report back once it arrives.

Eager to hear your opinion ;)

I was in Fire Support on wednesday and was surprised how large this rifle was. For some reason, I was expecting something a lot smaller.

Lovely looking though

I don't have a vss, but a Val, which is pretty much the same thing, they're tough as hell, you'll break before it does xD

They're rather accurate out the box, very good quality gearbox.

I've ran it as a DMR for almost a year, at around ~430 fps, no damage at all and the only issue I've ran into was when I put an m150 in it and broke the piston *facepalm*.

The only downsides are the battery compartment is awkward and fitting a PSO scope, which I've only seen done with a real PSO as the dust cover is higher than the real steel, so fake PSOs don't fit. They do a riser to fit the fake PSO, but I've got conflicting stories about them working.

I have a friend that has about 5 LCT guns, every one of them he's never had a problem with and I'm pretty sure they all use the same gearboxes, all of them he upgrades the barrel, hop and a slightly stronger spring.

If you want to put a grip on or a torch etc, you can get mounts for the suppressor, they're often out of stock but every now and then firesupport restocks them.

It's definitely a gun you can run straight out of the box with no issues, but if you do run into one, PM me and I'll help you

It uses all v3 parts, only thing I've found is that the Gate Titan won't work properly without some modification, there's a video on it if you want it working properly though

8 hours ago, Tony.S said:

I don't have a vss, but a Val, which is pretty much the same thing, they're tough as hell, you'll break before it does xD

They're rather accurate out the box, very good quality gearbox.

I've ran it as a DMR for almost a year, at around ~430 fps, no damage at all and the only issue I've ran into was when I put an m150 in it and broke the piston *facepalm*.

Hi Tony, would you mind listing what upgrades you did to run it reliably as a dmr? It's something I really want to do to go with my Russian kit!

I have the Val and whilst it's great, there are a few niggles with it.

The nuts and bolts are made from mild steel, so go easy with the allen keys.

Mid caps can be a pain to source, firesupport or TaiwanGun being the easiest to source.

The battery wires run through the silencer mount, many have cut these wires so go easy every time.

I'm thinking of using some sugru to keep them in place.

Out of the box it's pretty accurate, use a Lonex hop unit others I've tried have issues.

Hop rubber wise I'm yet to find one I'm happy with.

As said, hop, barrel and spring are the best mods for this Rif.

It weighs a ton, so factor that on a hot day.

Scope is a pain, I have some sort of Cyma weaver mount for mine so have ordered a cheap holo for now.

Svd mounts might fit, but I can't honestly comment.

On 13/04/2019 at 10:21, Slamz said:

Hi Tony, would you mind listing what upgrades you did to run it reliably as a dmr? It's something I really want to do to go with my Russian kit!

-Spring

Done :D

I don't quite know what you're going for, but I'll try to explain it as best I can

My friend runs it at ~400 fps with I think an m110, and a 6.01 barrel. It can probably handle a m120 with no issues aswell, which should give you nearer 430 fps. If you need more than that, new gears and piston are all you need. A new motor and barrel are favourable but not required. I flat hopped it as it was easy too. The stock hop unit is good enough, but I had to replace mine due to feeding issues ( I think the problem was caused by myself messing with it and not with the design), the one I put in didn't quite fit right with the mags but a little modification made it work.

Also, about the wires getting caught in the silencer, you can remove one of the screws it runs through, I haven't seen any issues and it saved my wires

28 minutes ago, Tony.S said:

-Spring

Done :D

I don't quite know what you're going for, but I'll try to explain it as best I can

My friend runs it at ~400 fps with I think an m110, and a 6.01 barrel. It can probably handle a m120 with no issues aswell, which should give you nearer 430 fps. If you need more than that, new gears and piston are all you need. A new motor and barrel are favourable but not required. I flat hopped it as it was easy too. The stock hop unit is good enough, but I had to replace mine due to feeding issues ( I think the problem was caused by myself messing with it and not with the design), the one I put in didn't quite fit right with the mags but a little modification made it work.

Also, about the wires getting caught in the silencer, you can remove one of the screws it runs through, I haven't seen any issues and it saved my wires

Is it a standard AK hop unit?

Found a fairly detailed vid, it's german but not difficult to understand (if you speak german... lol :lol:)

There's this one too (no idea what he's talking about in this one... :lol:)

And if you want the LCT product listing: Found here

I still haven't bit the bullet just yet... but I will as soon as possible.

6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Is it a standard AK hop unit?

Yes, it looks identical, the stock one is plastic though

Archived