Upgrading a WE P226 pistol - advice welcome

RogueWraith909
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Although I'm fairly new to airsoft (been going to a local site for a couple of months now but still learning) I had a disaster with my WE SIG 226 on Tuesday last week, I'd loaned the gun for a friend of a friend to use for the pistol target event we were at and apparently it broke on them half way through a mag.  The take down pin had snapped in two.  It turns out the warrenty had expired on it so I've bought a few upgrade parts to try and make sure it doesn't fail again, a Guarder steel take down pin (better than stock to reduce the chance of that breaking again) and a Maple leaf crazy jet barrel and hop rubber.  One of the techies at the event said Maple leaf made a hop unit for the SIG 226 models but i can't seem to find one anywhere... so my question is does anyone know of an online source for the part (Maple leaf hop chamber and wheel for a SIG 226) or can suggest an alternative that is decent and reliable (doesn't break easily).  I know Guarder make one but was advised it's not as good as people think, I also saw one made from brass a "robin hood CNC brass hop up unit"... anyone know if it's any good? 

Cant say I have seen a Maple Leaf hop unit for the 226. In my 1911 MEU I fitted a Crazy jet, hop rubber, I key and wheel into the standard WE unit. The results are excellent, easily a match for mg G18 which has the Maple Leaf unit as well as the other parts.

Archived