psn is up

tattoo ron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

sort of...and is bieng unravvelled now.

you can download the update,but currently still cant go online,but usa are opening now,and then us,then japan...

if trouble downloading update,(stalls) go to ps3 site and download update to a dongle and then to ps3..

ive downloaded my update but still cant go online,as yet...its a password change update..

theres a map on the usa sites showing as it goes online state by state..

give a few hours or maybe late sunday...

Does anyone actually trust Sony anymore

What's big, black, and steals your credit card?

PS3.

Seriously, I wouldn't buy any consoles from them after such a serious breach.

• Supporters
What's big, black, and steals your credit card?

PS3.

Seriously, I wouldn't buy any consoles from them after such a serious breach.

Exactly, then again, we both have Xbox's so we're all good:)

I still enjoy Sony products over most others. Yes the company screwed up but the xbox 360 is actually much more prone to credit card theft than the PS3.

There was a kid in my school who could reportedly hack an X360 account in under 60 seconds.

Out off all the stuff I have, the Sony stuff seems to last the longest and work the best for the price.

So I will now commence playing my Sony PS3 on my Sony surround sound system with my Sony headphones.

The white/normal ones (forgot what they called em now) were terrible in terms of breaking down all the time, but the black 'elites' were pretty decent, mine lasted about 3 years before breaking (to which i havent got round to fixing it yet after it broke down last easter! :lol: )

360 is great, i just dont understand the arguement about graphics...they are the same games just configured for different controllers etc.

• AF-UK Founding Member
360 is great, i just dont understand the arguement about graphics...they are the same games just configured for different controllers etc.

Same games Zak - but graphics can be different. Game developers have to optimise the game depending on what hardware it is going to be ran on.

I still enjoy Sony products over most others. Yes the company screwed up but the xbox 360 is actually much more prone to credit card theft than the PS3.

There was a kid in my school who could reportedly hack an X360 account in under 60 seconds.

You say that, but it wasn't Microsoft that allowed the information of 77 million players to be hacked.

Who believes anything in school anyway.

• Supporters

Let's not forget though, this won't affect this generation of consoles as much as it will the next, the next xbox will have better sales than the PS4? almost entirely because xbox users have not (yet) had such a huge breach of security.

I'm also sure (dare I say it?) microsoft won't be stupid enough to repeat such hardware failures with the next xbox

I am not really bothered that it got hacked. Even if I had credit card information on my PSN account (deleted it after use), statistically speaking I'm safe.

I don't really care about my name or info getting out or else I would not be on the internet. That and peoples credit card info being stolen has yet to be reported.

The only thing that bothered me was that the network was down but hey, I'm not paying for it.

Overall I just prefer the Playstation system. I am much more used to the controller style and I grew up with the playstation. So maybe I am biased but I still prefer the PS3 over the xbox 360 and when the PS4 comes out, I will probably buy it too.

Archived