Vector + HPA - but how to do it?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm really confused.
You all (mostly) seem to be making the assumption I'm a terrible player. 
No, I'm not the best player on any team. But I'm reasonably good and definitely useful as a team member.
I ran a sniper for all but two of the games that game day - so the polarstars weren't a massive issue for me personally.
The last two games were infected and I started off as one of the pair of infected both times, with my vector.
First game was over quickly - there were ten in the opfor and I shot 6 of them.
Second game was longer, as the poor lad with me had very limited range or rate of fire. But we prevailed.

But it was those two games that got me thinking that a higher RoF and an extra bit of range would be handy - especially when met with huge volume of fire.
I mean - isn't that what most of us do? Play, look at what can be improved in either gun or play style, and then work to improve it?

I’ve just never understood the rate of fire thing. If you’re on target you hit them, if you’re not then you don’t. The only difference I can see is you’ve missed with more BB’s. I do agree with increasing the range. 

Do you have a chrono? If you do, chrono with different weights and find which weight BB gives you the highest average joules (it’s probably not going to be a heavy BB). That’s generally your optimal BB weight. Buy a TNT TR hop rubber and a flat nub. That should give you a boost in performance for £20. If you’re not on your FPS limit, add a Prometheus barrel.

Range & Accuracy paired with Target Acquisition & Speed.

ROF doesn't make much difference except for suppression to keep players from moving or advancing.

57 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Second game was longer, as the poor lad with me had very limited range or rate of fire. But we prevailed.

Sounds like it is the other fella that needs a better RIF when he pairs up rather than yourself. There's only so much one player can achieve and carrying a team mate is limiting however noble all the same.

You can upgrade your RIF (and why not! Get the most out of it, etc...) but you can't upgrade who you're playing with. 👍

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I'm really confused.
You all (mostly) seem to be making the assumption I'm a terrible player. 
No, I'm not the best player on any team. But I'm reasonably good and definitely useful as a team member.
I ran a sniper for all but two of the games that game day - so the polarstars weren't a massive issue for me personally.
The last two games were infected and I started off as one of the pair of infected both times, with my vector.
First game was over quickly - there were ten in the opfor and I shot 6 of them.

But it was those two games that got me thinking that a higher RoF and an extra bit of range would be handy - especially when met with huge volume of fire.
I mean - isn't that what most of us do? Play, look at what can be improved in either gun or play style, and then work to improve it?

i think there's a certain level of discussion in this thread that's kind of gone off on a tangent, folk are talking in more general terms.

put it like this, it's not going to hurt your performance improving your hardware,.

• Supporters

@sonofsammo Don’t think it’s a case of everyone thinks your shit at the game bud , I think it’s more of a case that most of the regular posters on here have been at the game long enough to realise that rate of fire generally has rock all to do with how the game goes , obviously there are occasions when it will make a difference like anything else in the right situation but on the whole I do believe having a gun that can stick a solid line of BBs on a target , is NOT going to be a great game changer for me . 

As @Wo1f said if your firing 9rps or 90rps if you miss you miss just you miss with more ammo at a faster rate ! 🤦‍♂️  

😉👍

• Supporters

@sonofsammo as @Druid799 says don't think anyone is assuming you are a bad player although I can see how you perceive it that way.

I think it just comes from the fact we all see on here and other places people constantly going on about being dominated by hpa users especially speedsofters and they always go it is the guns. When truth is the people that generally dominate in those situations are generally younger so faster moving and quicker reacting, the 40rps plastic spewing toy gun is just a side affect.

Nothing wrong with trying to level the field but if certain players are dominating a higher rof wont change that. A hit requires one bb so the most important thing is accuracy and reaction time.

I always want the best performing gun possible but I know if I get shot first it is not because of my gun it because I was too slow to pull the trigger (at least I hope I would as it never happens 😜😁)

If I were you @sonofsammo I would maybe just do a motor and battery upgrade if you want a little more fire suppression / faster burst, 20-25 RPS is nice.

For accuracy and range I would Rhop it, squeeze as long a barrel as poss in there.

21 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If I were you @sonofsammo I would maybe just do a motor and battery upgrade if you want a little more fire suppression / faster burst, 20-25 RPS is nice.

For accuracy and range I would Rhop it, squeeze as long a barrel as poss in there.

Wouldn't that strip the gears?

I used an 11.1 in my first vector and the gearbox broke. That's why I've been on 7.4 since.

It's already rhopped, but would definitely look at another barrel. Any suggestions, as I've only done it with gbbs?

Apologies forgot the Krytac has a 30K motor as standard, if all is well with your gun you should be shooting above 20 RPS unless you have upgrade the spring to a stiffer one.

I wasn't implying a higher voltage battery, just quality high discharge, 11.1 was probably trying to do 30+ RPS, not surprised piston stripped without short stroke!

If it is firing at +20 RPS and you have a quality Rhop job then performance should really not be lacking.

Do you have a chrono? Whats the shot consistency?

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve just never understood the rate of fire thing. If you’re on target you hit them, if you’re not then you don’t. The only difference I can see is you’ve missed with more BB’s. I do agree with increasing the range. 

Do you have a chrono? If you do, chrono with different weights and find which weight BB gives you the highest average joules (it’s probably not going to be a heavy BB). That’s generally your optimal BB weight. Buy a TNT TR hop rubber and a flat nub. That should give you a boost in performance for £20. If you’re not on your FPS limit, add a Prometheus barrel.

For the record, I’m not criticising your abilities, I just don’t want you wasting £££ and being in the same boat as before as I can’t see it helping.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Apologies forgot the Krytac has a 30K motor as standard, if all is well with your gun you should be shooting above 20 RPS unless you have upgrade the spring to a stiffer one.

I wasn't implying a higher voltage battery, just quality high discharge, 11.1 was probably trying to do 30+ RPS, not surprised piston stripped without short stroke!

If it is firing at +20 RPS and you have a quality Rhop job then performance should really not be lacking.

Do you have a chrono? Whats the shot consistency?

Shot consistency is ok 3 FPS deviation over ten shots. 

Rps is a lot lower than 20 though!! It's 11.4.

Spring is stock.

This is the battery I'm using:

IMG_20190402_150823139.jpg

Did you buy it new or is it 2nd hand?

Just thinking should be shooting way faster than that either;

Motor height wrong (is it noisy?)

Shimmed to tight or other internal drag.

Does it have the right motor in?

Crap wiring

Dead battery

Does seem low. Most cheapo combat machines have a higher rof than that

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Did you buy it new or is it 2nd hand?

Just thinking should be shooting way faster than that either;

Motor height wrong (is it noisy?)

Shimmed to tight or other internal drag.

Does it have the right motor in?

Crap wiring

Dead battery

Brand new rif from retailer. 

Battery fully charged.

Tried it on an 11.1 15c and got 16 rps...

It's not very noisy.

I would be very happy if it was doing twenty rps...

Unless it’s got a really obscure gear ratio or a shit motor, you should be getting higher numbers than that I would have thought. What FPS is this at? Might need someone to give it the once over as krytac internals are supposed to be higher end stuff for standard parts 

34 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I think they are supposed to be 18:1 gears and a 30K motor which normally adds upto circa 22 RPS on a 7.4V.

Is it still in warranty from retailer @sonofsammo?

I don't think it's in warranty - either by time, but also cos I've had it open and rhopped?

• 2 months later...

I know this is a old thread. I'm going to hpa my vector when the box dies. Only reason is I'm used to hpa not for game play just my old rig was this. However I've had a quick read and I'm not sure why you stripped the gears on a 11.1 lipo I run and have always run a 11.1 think for last 2 plus years and play every week so probably had a fair few bbs through it. If you want the link let me know for the battery I used. My rof is 25 average stock no rhop or any upgrades but will be doing a upgrade on the gears and motor along with rhop so hpa is a long way away for me. If you do, do a conversion I would be interested in the way you have gone about it as I was just going to airsoft junkies drop in f2 box mine. That's mega money I'm not willing to drop and if the upgrades I do keep me going I will probably drop the idea all together.

Archived