asg p-09 slide/cycling issues

awestie90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys 

need some help with my asg p-09. I've just been using it for target shooting at the moment but quite often it doesn't cycle properly. it take a few shots fine the slide stops like half way back, so I have to rack it to load a bb. anybody know why this is?? the gun is two toned so I was wondering if this might be the problem and I need lube the slide??? don't really know and could do with some help please. 

You should always lube the slide first when dealing with this sort of problem.

How many shots before and also after it stops self loading? 

My sp-01 (no extra paint) feels smooth when manually racking. After yours is lubricated nicely, rack it a few times and see if you can feel any friction along with the normal spring resistance. If it's smooth and you're still getting the issue then I'm guessing it is not the paint. 

I use Superlube teflon grease, which is kind to plastic and most rubbers, but it's expensive and hard to find in the UK. Only £7 a tube from the States, but you have to wait about ten days. 

Lots of people just make do with silicone, but it isn't recommended for lubricating metal on metal.

General rule is avoid petroleum based greases and oils, since they can degrade plastic and rubber. 

Never use general gun oil or any other firearm products.

Airsoft guns need airsoft lubricants.

Do a bit of research for other alternatives.

Archived