Problem with upgraded gun from local service

Pepelotz123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a problem i got upgraded SR25 from local shop. I picked it up today. I come home and wanted to test it. Put in the battery and gun is not shooting a "burning smell" everywhere. I fast disconnected battery and everything mosfet, battery, cabels were extremly hot. I opened it and first thing i see they swapped cabels. Two red one are connected to the black one on the battery. Can i repair it with micro solder with just swapping cabels in blue circle?  https://gyazo.com/8826de8127a5954ad3999ca9b0c19d14

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Pepelotz123 said:

I have a problem i got upgraded SR25 from local shop. I picked it up today. I come home and wanted to test it. Put in the battery and gun is not shooting a "burning smell" everywhere. I fast disconnected battery and everything mosfet, battery, cabels were extremly hot. I opened it and first thing i see they swapped cabels. Two red one are connected to the black one on the battery. Can i repair it with micro solder with just swapping cabels in blue circle?  https://gyazo.com/8826de8127a5954ad3999ca9b0c19d14

Haven't even looked at your pic as no need. Just take it back and get them to sort it.

i have had a look at you pic yes you need to swap round the red an back under your thum

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

People learn through mistakes but not ones they dont know about.

Couldn't agree more. If I'm doing something wrong at work then I need to know or I won't learn. Helps everyone involved. 

If I was the OP then I would call them to point it out. No need to whinge

Have to say I would have a whinge, having paid for an upgrade that was incorrectly installed and obviously not even tested , at the least I would be looking to get my money back.

• Supporters

I’m with trigger on this one , if I’m paying a ‘professional’ to work on my gun then I expect an appropriate level of workmanship for my money , you don’t take your car to a garage spend £800 on a new what ever and it starts playing up on the way home so when you do get home you start ‘tinkering’ with it yourself now do you ? No if I’ve paid for work on my gun I expect it to be 100% correct or I will return and I will kick up a fuss . I will not let shoddily performed tech work slide , if I do it’ll never stop happening .

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’m with trigger on this one , if I’m paying a ‘professional’ to work on my gun then I expect an appropriate level of workmanship for my money , you don’t take your car to a garage spend £800 on a new what ever and it starts playing up on the way home so when you do get home you start ‘tinkering’ with it yourself now do you ? No if I’ve paid for work on my gun I expect it to be 100% correct or I will return and I will kick up a fuss . I will not let shoddily performed tech work slide , if I do it’ll never stop happening .

Actually..... that’s exactly what I did... never trust a main dealer.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Actually..... that’s exactly what I did... never trust a main dealer.

Your choice .

• Supporters

For future reference op got lucky here- if the mosfet burned out due to their shoddy wiring and he swapped the connections that's grounds for the shop to try and blame him for it (bs i know but thats how these things work).

If your gonna pay someone who's purporting to be a professional to work on your gun then you'd better be sure to make them accountable for doing it right

Archived